Working for Wales Cottage Holidays
Wales Cottage Holidays is one of the country’s leading independent holiday cottage letting agencies, based in Newtown in Powys.
From time to time we have vacancies arise and we will post them on this page of our website. At the moment we have two opportunities to join our team.
Reservations Assistant - Maternity Cover 12 months
Reservations Assistant - Fixed Term 6 months
These roles offer the opportunity to join our busy reservations team at our Newtown office. The job is very varied and will involve liaising with homeowners (new and existing), guests, colleagues and cleaners who are all involved with the successful letting of holiday properties.
The right candidate will be bright, positive and an avid team player with excellent customer service skills. It's a challenging and exciting role in a busy environment. Ideally you'll need good computer skills but full training will be given. The positions are full-time (37.5 hours) over five days a week to include Fridays and Saturdays.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Managing a busy inbox and ensuring prompt response to email enquiries from customers and owners.
• Taking calls relating to holidays and properties
• Liaising with housekeepers, caretakers and cleaners as required.
• Processing web bookings efficiently.
• To convert enquiries to bookings where possible, manage the administration of relevant correspondence and deal with payments
• Maintain detailed accurate records on the tabs booking system and elsewhere as required.
• To participate in training programmes as required.
• Proactive to identify and convert any sales opportunities
• Staffing the office, and providing face to face service to guests and homeowners.
• Supporting the wider Wales Cottage Holidays team as required.
• Helping at and attending homeowner events and local shows as and when required (sometimes in the evening or at weekends).
• To ensure that Wales Cottage Holidays is represented in a positive and professional manner to customers, enquirers, homeowners, suppliers, visitors and any other person who you may come into contact with in the office or elsewhere on the company‘s business.