- £1,555 per week
- £222 per night
- 15 Guests
- 7 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 3 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 4 double beds
- 3 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 5 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 47 miles
- Pub 0.5 miles
- Shop 2.3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Travel along the impressive tree-lined drive and half way up you’ll catch a glimpse of the wonderful Ger y Wysg Farmhouse, situated on the owner's working farm. There’s a timeless charm about this house with the cosy wood-burning stoves, four-oven Aga, huge pitch pine kitchen table and pretty bedrooms. It has masses of space for 15 people and upto 3 dogs – perfect for groups and extended families to spend quality time together. You are welcome to tour the farm with the owner, as well as seeing sheep and cattle, you will see an abundance of wildlife including pheasants, buzzards, red kites and herons. A short stroll from the farmhouse is Gilestone Pond, a tranquil feature and a haven for wildlife. The owner is passionate about conservation and you will be see several community initiatives on the farm and in the local village, Talybont-on-Usk.
The village of Talybont-on-Usk, in the heart of Brecon Beacons National Park, has a bit of everything – a canal, 2 rivers, a reservoir, hills, woods, waterfalls, wildlife, local arts and crafts, a village shop and wi-fi cafe, 3 pubs and a restaurant. There are plenty of fabulous walks from Gilestone and Talybont; take an easy stroll along the canal, an epic circular hike taking in all the Central Beacons or a short walk around the stunning Talybont Waterfalls. A short drive away is Cantref Adventure Farm, which has a riding stables, animal farm and Europe’s longest sledge ride. On the outskirts of Brecon is the great Play Barn at Brynich. Further afield is The Red Kite Feeding Centre, near to Trecastle, the Brecon Mountain Railway and the spectacular National Showcaves at Dan yr Ogof are about 30-40 minutes away.
- Sitting Room: huge room with plenty of seating, log burning stove, TV and DVD.
- Morning Room: cosy room with sofas, log burner, books and board games.
- Conservatory: sofa and chairs, small dining table, lovely views of the garden and farmland beyond. Doors to patio area.
- Kitchen: A large, traditional room with a huge, pitch pine kitchen table and chairs to accommodate all guests, flagstone floor, Welsh dresser, 4 oven Aga, large American fridge freezer, leading through to the Utility Room with washing machine and tumble dryer, an additional electric cooker and sink and a drying area for outside clothing and wellies.
- Shower Room: shower, WC and hand wash basin.
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, bedside tables.
- Bedroom 2: Single bed, chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 3: Kingsize bed, bedside tables.
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, bedside tables.
- Bedroom 5: King size, hand-carved four poster bed, wardrobe and bedside tables.
- Bathroom 1: Bath with shower over, WC and hand wash basin.
- Bathroom 2: Bath with shower over, WC and hand wash basin.
- Bedroom 6: Double bed, single bed. Ensuite bathroom.
- Bedroom 7: Double bed, single bed. Ensuite shower room.
- Delightful lawned gardens with mature shrubs and trees, a little stream runs through part of the garden.
- Patio area with garden furniture.
- Heating and electricity: included. Oil central heating, logs supplied.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided.
- Travel cot and high-chair provided.
- Hairdryers: 1 provided.
- Pets: upto 3 dogs welcome, £25.00 charge per pet per week.
- No smoking inside the property please.
- Parking: private parking.