Walking distance to all amenities including great restaurants, cafes and unique shops, this character cottage offers welcoming accommodation in Machynlleth, a small market town in the beautiful Dyfi Valley. The area is part of the Dyfi Biosphere as recognised by UNESCO and is also the southern gateway to Snowdonia National Park. Ysgubor Newydd is a rare example of an urban medieval dwelling and an ideal base to enjoy this Ancient Capital of Wales. Central to north, mid and south Wales with great public transport links in all directions.
This character accommodation in Machynlleth welcomes you with a large hallway that leads to the living area upstairs and both bedrooms and bathroom on the ground floor.
Bedroom 1 - Double bed with bedside cabinets and lamps. Clothes rail and chest of drawers.
Bedroom 2 - Twin bedroom including two full size single beds. Bedside cabinets with lamps and a large wardrobe with drawers. Feature inglenook (decorative only).
Bathroom - Bath with shower over, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Spacious open plan room utilising the whole top floor of the cottage for upstairs living.
Kitchen area - Dishwasher, washing machine / dryer, microwave and kettle, fridge, freezer, gas hob and electric oven.
Dining area - Dining table for up to 6 guests.
Lounge area - 2 comfortable sofas in front of an electric fire with flame effect and reading lamps. TV and Blue Ray / DVD player.
Located down a quiet side-street (single lane), the cottage is within walking distance of everything that Machynlleth has to offer. This includes the Plas grounds which includes decorative gardens, picnic areas, a children play area and lovely walks.
There is also a cafe / delicatessen just round the corner from the cottage and plenty of other cafes, tea rooms, restaurants and welcoming pubs dotted around town.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea and coffee, milk and sugar, a cake and a choice of bottle of red wine/white wine or Fruit Juice(Please notify when booking).
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Wifi available
- Cot, high chair and stairgates (top and bottom) available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- 1 pet welcome for free
- Free parking next to cottage 6pm – 8am, other times at car park behind Moma Machynlleth (200yds from the cottage) - also free parking.
- Other items provided include...
- Kitchen: kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- 1 Pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Towels provided
- Cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.1 mile away
- Coast: 10 miles away
- Nearest pub: 0.1 mile away
This self catering accommodation in Machynlleth is located down a quiet side-street, within walking distance of the town's full range of amenities. Machynlleth is a beautiful market town in Mid Wales and is also the proud Ancient Capital of Wales, with Owain Glyndwr's Old Parliament House still standing and now home to an exhibition about the story of the heroic 'Last Prince of Wales'.
Machynlleth is also home to the Museum of Modern Art Wales and the oldest street market in Britain every Wednesday. There are plenty of lovely little cafes and unique shops on your doorstep as well as two supermarkets and a number of good restaurants. Some of the recommended restaurants include Number 21 and Wynnstay in Machynlleth, Black Lion in Derwenlas (2 miles) and Glanyrafon in Pennal (4 miles). You will also find all the other conveniences in Machynlleth including banks, garages and a number of takeaways and welcoming pubs such as the Llew Gwyn (White Lion).
Some of the main attractions from your accommodation in Machynlleth include the sandy beaches at Aberdyfi (10 miles) and Ynys Las (12 miles) at opposite ends of the estuary, Talyllyn Railway and the RSPB Reserve and Dyfi Osprey Project at Ynyshir. The area also enjoys UNESCO status as the 'Dyfi Biosphere' and provides the southern gateway to Snowdonia National Park.
Other popular days out include the Centre for Alternative Technology, King Arthur's Labyrinth and Corris Mines, just a few miles north. To the south, you have the coastal university town of Aberystwyth, home to the largest arts centre in Wales, a steam railway, cinema, the National Library of Wales and a wide range of amenities and shops. With such a central location, a holiday in Machynlleth means that the whole of Wales is within travelling distance and the number of recommended days out are endless.
- Roman Steps leading to Bryn Glas and Llyn Glanmerin (lake) - circular route that starts from the Plas in Machynlleth. 0.1 mile
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path in town, opposite the Parliament House - 0.2 mile.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path on the doorstep in Machynlleth - 0.3 mile.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Abergynolwyn (12 miles), Dolgellau (16 miles) and Minffordd (18 miles).
- Lon Las Cymru (the cycle route that connects North and South Wales) goes past your accommodation in Machynlleth. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking –All routes start from Machynlleth. 0 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (16 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 24 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. 0.3 mile
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 0.5 mile
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 10 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 14 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 10 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 12 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 10 miles
Absolutely beautiful, charming and historic. Beautiful and well equipped. In a central position of the town, close to bus and train routes.Heather from Cardiff - 24th November 2018
Machynlleth is a great little town: no chains apart from the Co-Op, all in walking distance, and with an excellent weekly market, plus it's well situated for travelling to most other parts of Wales. The cottage was even cool despite the heatwave! Ms Gale Maurice - 16th August 2018
The property’s location was excellent - historic building and great architectural features - also modern and clean.Dewi from Cardiff - 2nd July 2018
The place is absolutely fantastic - old cottage/barn atmosphere is very relaxing, all finishes are to high standard, there is welcoming pack, everything is clean and the place is warm (very important!). Also leaflets about attractions and little guild about the house. Highly recommended! The team was very helpful to move the booking and liaison with the owner, everything was taken care of. Anna from London - 14th May 2018
Amazing property, perfect location, one fabulous holiday! Diolch yn fawr (thank you very much).Martin from Altrincham - 19th February 2018
Excellent. Brilliant location and very well equipped. Was all very easy and went according to plan. Machynclleth was a great base to get back to at the end of an action packed day. The White Lion was good for food. The Red Lion good for a drink. China garden was good for takeaway. The co-op good for shopping. All with walking distance of the property.Katie and Family from Cumbria - 6th August 2017
An interesting property to stay at with a lovely open plan living area which was great for hanging out in. Well thought out and equipped for visitors. Very helpful local point of contact. Welcoming townsfolk.
Recommendations: Wednesday market has good quality produce. Beautiful beach at Aberdovey. See ospreys at Osprey Project. Precipice Walk near Dolgellau is a good walk for all, including middle-aged greyhounds, with superb scenery.Fiona from St Albans - 2nd August 2017
Preliminary stages of searching for a property to buy. This was an ideal pace to stay as a central base for trips as far north as Porthmadog and as far south as Lampeter. All was perfect despite our last minute booking.
Tips: Pick a place like Devils Bridge and trust your SatNav to take you there via some amazing countryside as long as you don't mind steep and narrow roads.Alan from Suffolk - 22nd October 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.