- £457 per week
- £65 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 single Zip&Link bed (combine for king/super king)
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 12 miles
- Pub 3.5 miles
- Shop 3.5 miles
- Welcome pack
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Lovely, detached and newly refurbished cottage set in the small and quiet village of Llanwrin in the heart of the Dyfi Valley. Beautiful and tranquil setting with its own enclosed garden, only 3.5 miles to Machynlleth market town (the ancient capital of Wales) and within 10 miles of lovely sandy beaches, Snowdonia and much more. A great location to explore Mid Wales with a variety of attractions and plenty of restaurants, cafes and pubs nearby.
Living area - Spacious open plan living area with plenty of natural light, including a vaulted ceiling, to create a sense of true relaxation. The barn has underfloor heating throughout, exposed 18th century cruck oak beams and French doors that open up to the garden. The lounge area provides a comfortable sitting area includes a 40’ TV with Freeview and a coffee table.
Kitchen and Dining Area - Fully equipped kitchen with country style units that comprises of a built in dishwasher, oven and hob and a washing machine. It also includes a microwave, fridge freezer, a kettle, filter coffee machine, cutlery and saucepans. Dining table overlooking the private garden.
Master Bedroom - A spacious room with a king sized bed and 32" TV with Sky freeview. The room includes double wardrobe, chest of drawers , bedside cabinets and an armchair.
Bedroom 2 - King sized bed that can be arranged as two singles on request.* This room overlooks the garden and includes a wardrobe, chest of drawers and a 24'‘ TV with built in DVD player.
Shower room - Floor level shower, wc and wash basin, tastefully furnished room with lots of built in storage space.
A private and enclosed garden area with high quality rattan dining furniture and BBQ facility. Sturdy bamboo gazebo covers the garden furniture, so the garden can be enjoyed in all weathers.
- Welcome pack on arrival, including a cake with tea and coffee, sugar and milk.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Travel cot, and high chair available on request.
- *Please note at the time of booking if you would like Bedroom 2 arranged as two x 2.6 feet wide single beds rather than a king bed.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- No pets or smoking inside cottage
- Wifi available
- Ironing facilities
- Plenty of private parking space
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
A really lovely cottage, the hosts are amazing. We got there in the evening, tired from travelling but there there were 2 homemade delicious cakes and lovely flowers. The garden is large and spacious with pergola, where you can spend time on very comfortable outdoor chairs. We were very impressed as the cottage had everything we needed and even extras! We would definitely recommend this: as we plan to go back there.
Lovely cottage, comfortable, had everything we needed and more. Garden great for spending time in the evenings.
This was the perfect holiday cottage for us in a wonderful location. The barn conversion cottage was renovated to a very high standard with all the amenities to make the stay a very comfortable experience. The owners Gareth and Lilian were very friendly and helpful and although their property was next door they left us alone. I would definitely return to this holiday cottage again.
Property exceptionally clean. Well appointed. Owners in adjacent property - very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the holiday.
Quiet location, great hosts, comfy beds, outdoor seating area and well equipped kitchen
This newly refurbished barn conversion enjoyes a tranquil setting in the small and quiet village of Llanwrin on the outskirts of Machynlleth. Located in the heart of the Dyfi Valley, this is a great, central location to explore Mid, North and West Wales and its wide range of attractions.
The historic market town of Machynlleth (3.5 miles) is also known as the Ancient Capital of Wales. It offers an abundance of quirky shops, restaurants, cafés and takeaways along with a range of amenities such a supermarket, garages, banks etc. It is also home to the oldest street market in Britain every Wednesday and MOMA Wales, a showcase of modern Welsh art. Amongst the best places to eat in the area is Bistro Number 21 and the Wynnstay in Machynlleth, Glan yr Afon and Y Garth in Pennal (5 miles), and Brigands Inn in Mallwyd (8.5 miles). There are good local pubs as well, including the White Lion in Machynlleth with a range of local ale.
The cottage is close to beautiful beaches, the university town of Aberystwyth and is an ideal location to visit the delights of Snowdownia National Park and the Ceredigion coast. Some of the main attractions in the area include Cors Dyfi Nature Reserve and Ynys Hir RSBP Reserve, Dyfi Osprey Project, the Centre of Alternative Technology and King Arthur's Labyrinth (an underground adventure). Other recommended days out include Dovey Valley Clay Shooting, Falconry Experience Wales, Tal-y-llyn Steam Railway and numerous scenic walks in all directions. For something totally different; why not venture to Blaenau Ffestiniog for some zip wire and Bounce Below adventure.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Join the path at Ffriddgate, 2.4 miles.
- Glyndwr's Way - a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Join the path at Cemmaes Road, 2.7 miles.
- Cadair Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Minffordd (10 miles), Abergynolwyn (13 miles) and Dolgellau (17 miles).
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – 4 circular routes that can be joined in Machynlleth - cycle route from Ffriddgate to Machynlleth. 2.4 miles.
- Mawddach Trail – Suitable for all ages. Perfect for cycling, walking and for wheelchair users. Dolgellau (17 miles) to Barmouth.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 24 miles
- River Dyfi offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. Permit required. 0.5 mile
- Sea fishing at Aberdyfi (12 miles) and Aberystwyth (22 miles)
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 3.5 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 12 miles
- Aberdyfi – Long sandy beach on the northern side of the Dyfi Estuary. Lovely seaside resort with plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants. 12 miles
- Ynyslas – Lovely beach on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary, backed by Sand Dunes. Cafe and parking on the beach. 17 miles
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 12 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 22 miles