Set in a private countryside location in the tranquil Dyfi Valley, this detached cottage offers cosy self-catering accommodation in Mid Wales. Rustic on the outside and relaxing on the inside, Beudy Clygo is surrounded by wildlife, farmland and the magnificent mountains of southern Snowdonia. Located between the market towns of Machynlleth and Dolgellau, it has numerous walks from the doorstep, a village pub within a mile and is just a short journey from the beach at Aberdyfi.
Kitchen / Dining / Sitting Area: The kitchen is part of the open-plan arrangement so cooks will not feel cut off, and there are plenty of pots and pans. The kitchen also includes an electric double-oven cooker, microwave, large fridge freezer, washing machine with built-in tumble dryer, and a filter coffee machine.
In the dining area, the table is located right by the window so that you can admire the wonders of nature over a delicious home cooked meal. The sitting and relaxing area includes tiled flooring with underfloor heating, TV with the basic Sky package, DVD player (a variety of DVDs are available if guests forget theirs).
The twin bedroom has two single beds, a wardrobe, chest of drawers and one bedside cabinet with a bedside lamp between the two beds. There is a separate heating thermostat for this room.
The bathroom is conveniently located next to the twin bedroom on the ground floor. It has a bath with shower over with a glass shower screen, a sink and toilet and an electric heated towel rail.
Master bedroom - Spacious gallery master bedroom with a king-size contemporary iron frame bed. Vaulted ceiling. The room has one wardrobe and dressing table with stool and bedside cabinets are either side of the bed. Velux windows (with blinds) in the roof either side of the bed for natural light.
The private patio area is perfect to admire the beautiful countryside and the sounds of nature around you. Barn owls, red kites and woodpeckers are frequent visitors. Oak trees have been planted nearby in recent years. Peaceful views of farmland and sheep grazing.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer included
- Heating and electricity included
- Plenty of private parking
- No pets or smoking
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Wales Cottage Holidays along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- This welcoming self catering accommodation in Mid Wales accepts short breaks throughout the year
At a Glance
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- No pets allowed
- WiFi unavailable
- Towels provided
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 1 mile away
- Coast: 19 miles away
- Nearest pub: 1 mile away
This welcoming self catering accommodation in Mid Wales is located down a private drive and within its own private grounds. Set on the land of a working organic farm with no other houses visible from the cottage; only beautiful, green and expansive countryside.
1 mile from Cemaes village (traditional pub / restaurant), 2.5 miles from Cemaes Road (small shop and post office) and 4 miles to Mallwyd (pub / restaurant, café and garage). Located between the market towns of Machynlleth (8 miles) and Dolgellau (15 miles) it offers a great base to explore Mid Wales, southern Snowdonia and Cardigan Bay.
Enjoy numerous walks in the Dyfi Valley and beyond, a steam train ride, a round of golf and world class mountain biking routes, including the Coed y Brenin Centre near Dolgellau. This cosy accommodation in Mid Wales is also just a short journey from the sandy beaches of Aberdyfi (19 miles) and Ynys Las, the glorious sights of the Snowdonia Mountains as well as many local attractions. These include the Centre for Alternative Technology, a range of historical castles such as Harlech’s World Heritage Site, Ynys Hir Nature Reserve, King Arthur’s Labyrinth and Corris Craft Centre.
- Glyndwr's Way is a long distance footpath in Mid Wales that was granted National Trail status in the year 2000. Maps and guides can be obtained at the Tourist Information Centre in Machynlleth. Join path 2 miles fom cottage.
- Dyfi Valley Way follows the River Dyfi from the estuary in Aberdyfi to the source at the summit of Aran Fawddwy and back down along the south side of the river via Machynlleth and down to Borth. Maps and guides can be obtained at the Tourist Information Centre in Machynlleth. Join path 1 mile from cottage.
- The Mawddach Trail - Suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 15 miles
- Precipice Walk – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages. 15 miles from cottage
- Cadair Idris (Snowdonia mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Dolgellau (15 miles), Minffordd (15 miles) and Abergynolwyn (21 miles).
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 8 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – As above
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 21 miles
- Lake Vyrnwy – 12 mile circuit around the scenic Lake Vyrnwy. Suitable for the whole family. 20 miles.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 19 miles.
- Clywedog Sailing Club - 6 mile lake, open to all types of non powered watercraft from canoes and sailboards to dinghies, cruisers and keelboats. 18 miles.
- Lake Vyrnwy – Canoeing, kayaking, sailing and windsurfing - suitable for the whole family. 20 miles.
- River Dyfi (0.5 miles) offers excellent fishing and is famous for its brown trout, salmon and sea trout. Licence can be purchased at the local post office in Cemaes Road, 2.5 miles away.
- Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 8 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 19 miles
Excellent cottage, very friendly owners. Mr Robert Bett - 10th August 2018
The property was well equipped and comfortable, and in a quiet and beautiful location.Mr David Wyatt - 6th August 2018
We had a lovely week away at Beudy Clygo, great value and a lovely tranquil locationMrs Louise Foyle - 8th June 2018
Lovely property set on its own in beautiful county side.
The property had everything you could possibly need. The local pub was very welcoming & did great food. Although set on its own you are only a short drive to the shops. We enjoyed our day at the beach in Tywyn and there's the added bonus of free parking right on the sea front.Chris and Family - 26th August 2017
Lovely property. Panorama Walk above Barmouth is an absolute must.
Couple from UK - 3rd August 2017
We had a fabulous time. The property was spotless and so very romantic - just what we needed. Extremely warm welcome of fresh flowers and Welsh produce. Could no fault it in any way.
All staff were extremely helpful at every step of the way, it was easy to book, ask questions, gain information and the information was correct at all times.
Recommendations: Try the train journey from Machynlleth along the coastal route - spectacular route. Try the local Penhros Arms Hotel - fabulous food, very generous, great atmosphere.Chrissie from Thetford, Norfolk - 26th June 2017
Peace and quiet. Nice to be amongst nature. Picturesque location.
Tips: Eat local! Read the walking guide maps.Couple from Conwy - 24th May 2017
The perfect private spot. It couldn't have been better. Staff at the local pub are great, they even gave us a lift back.Mike from Warrington - 24th October 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Little Cook Box £10 off your first Little Cook Box Meal kit box – Big Tastes for Little Cooks!
We all know what it’s like, you arrive at your holiday home and then immediately need to go out and do the big shop. We’ve got it covered though, at...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price