- £498 per week
- £71 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 5.5 miles
- Pub 2.5 miles
- Shop 2.5 miles
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Beautiful studio with a private hot tub, offering a true getaway for couples in peaceful North Wales countryside. With its rustic décor, this cosy barn conversion feels very much like your own shepherd's hut on the inside, yet with solid stone walls and a definite cottage feel on the outside. It really is a wonderful base to relax whilst discovering North Wales and all its adventures, from the North Wales coast (5 miles) and Snowdonia, to numerous market towns, Zip World and Adventure Parc Snowdonia.
Should you wish to bring family or friends along, there is also a newly renovated cottage for 4 with its own separate, private garden and hot tub on site.
Open plan studio offering wonderfully cosy accommodation for couples, with painted exposed beams and barn style oak doors.
Kitchenette - country style grey kitchen units with solid wood worktops. Includes a single oven and ceramic touch control hob, fridge freezer, kettle and toaster. Washing machine and microwave in separate building, close by, on site.
Dining area - dining table for 2 with stylish dining chairs.
Lounge area - sofa for two in front of a wall mounted, flat screen Smart TV.
Bedroom area - king size bed with 2 bedside cabinets and built in storage.
Shower room - this stylish room includes a large rain shower, wash basin, wc and heated towel rail.
Enclosed wild garden with fruit trees to the rear, accessed via steps to the side of the cottage. This elevated garden also includes a patio area with a private hot tub and garden table for two. Far reaching views towards the mountains on the horizon.
The front patio with its garden furniture is perfect for morning tea. Great views of countryside and wildlife. BBQ set also provided.
- Welcome pack includes scones/welsh cakes, as well as tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
- Central heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Hairdryer provided
- Wi-fi available
- Access via 3 steps (no handrail) to the patio and front door
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage please
- The following items are also provided:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
- General: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc
- Parking spaces for up to 2 cars on site.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a very warm welcome from Iwan and Es. They had warm scones with Jam and some milk waiting for us which we thought was a lovely touch. The cottage was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. I would definitely recommend this to others if they are looking for a quiet and peaceful getaway. Just what we needed, thank you so much!
Wow! This is a slice of heaven. Peace and quiet, beautiful scenery and gorgeous accommodation. I usually have to bring so much from home as self catering is normally lacking but on this occasion I left everything packed. The hot tub over looking the views is superb and enjoyed the company of the 'ladies' in the filed near by. The owners were amazing hosts and we are already planning our next holiday! Thank you
Thank you for a lovely stay. The Cwt is so cosy and modern. It had everything we needed, as well as some amazing views. We had a beautiful trip up Snowdon and a lovely day out at Gwrych Castle. The hosts were fantastic, would definitely recommend coming here to family and friends in the future! Thanks x
Thank you for a lovely stay - the cottage really is wonderful and the hot tub was an absolute treat after long days of exploring the beautiful area. We also loved seeing the cows grazing in the field whilst sat in the hot tub. Thanks again! x x
5 star plus cottage! We have had a wonderful week, just what we needed after lockdown. The peace and quiet here is amazing. Cwt bach has been decorated to the highest speck with everything you could wish for. Then there is the hot tub, so welcome after a day out. We have loved to sit and watch the swallows flying in and out of the barn, the buzzard on the fence post and the daily parade of the girls (dairy cows). I felt I was back home on the farm. The peace of Cwt Bach will forever be in our hearts. We wish you well with all of your future endeavours. Zip wire a must. Tea in the old court house in Llanrwst (the ugly house). A trip to Anglesey to visit LlanfairPG and Beaumaris.
What an amazing little hideaway Cwt Bach is! Just the perfect place to spend a week relaxing in nature. Couldn't have asked for more. Amazing place and the hot tub was just like the icing on the cake. Thanks to the owners x x
Beautifully furnished, cosy hide away. An absolute gem of a find.
Thank you Es and Iwan for the most wonderful stay in your beautiful cottage. We have had a fantastic time exploring the area and it had been such a cosy place to return to each day. The hot tub was great with absolutely stunning views. A huge thank you again. We will definitely recommend Cwt Bach!
Thank you Es & Iwan for a lovely stay in your cottage. We have had a great time exploring the local area and Snowdonia. The cottage has been a perfect hideaway to come back to after a long day walking – watching the stars at night was special from the hot tub. A special mention to the local ‘Black Lion’ the best chocolate brownies, Thanks again.
A beautiful, relaxing stay. Stunning views and the cosiest, cute cottage we could have asked for. Hot tub under the stars at night with a glass of bubbly is a dream every night and so warm even in the winter. Lovely local town with easy access to the shops and beach! Have absolutely loved our stay. Thanks, so much Es & Iwan
Had a great Christmas here in your beautiful renovation, what a place! Warm, comfortable, relaxing – it was lovely watching the evening stars appear from the hot tub. We will definitely recommend to friends and family. Lots to see and do, historic, adventurous, natural beauty, the area has it all (but maybe not Rhyl!) Thank you Es & Iwan.
This detached studio, a beautiful barn conversion, enjoys a peaceful setting in stunning North Wales countryside. Access the property by following a country lane from the owners' working dairy farm, crossing a small bridge over the river Elwy as you follow the same route as the dairy cows (separated by a fence). The gradual climb provides picturesque views of the river weaving its way through the valley and the dairy cows grazing in the fields. From its elevated, tranquil position, Cwt Bach is also a great spot for some wildlife spotting, from wild deer, foxes and pheasant to birds such as woodpeckers, eagles and kites.
A village pub / restaurant and Siop y Llan shop with Post Office & groceries can be found in the nearby village of Llanfair Talhaiarn (2.5 miles). The nearest supermarket (Tesco) is just 5 miles, in the coastal town of Abergele. The village pub offers a lovely setting for a relaxing drink and good food. Some of the other recommended places to eat locally includes The Kinmel Arms in St George (5 miles) and Porth Eirias in Colwyn Bay (8 miles) where you will find Bryn Williams' restaurant. Cliffs in Rhyd y Foel (5.5 miles) is another recommendation, as well as The Stag in Llangernyw (7 miles), Manor Conwy, Castle Conwy and Signatures (17 miles), to name only a few.
The cottage is also a great base to enjoy a wide range of activities and attractions, including Pensarn Beach (5 miles), where you can also access the Wales Coast Path and follow the coastline by foot or bike (bike hire available locally). With the A55 within 5 miles, you can also enjoy easy access to the entire North Wales coast, including gems such as the walled castle town of Conwy (17 miles) and Llandudno (19 miles).
Visit Snowdonia National Park and all its attractions, from Zip World (16 miles) to Surf Snowdonia (17 miles) and mountain railways. Discover market towns such as Ruthin, border towns and even the Roman city of Caer (Chester), home to Chester Zoo, 34 miles east. For families, SC2 Rhyl Waterpark (9 miles) also offers a fun day out, as does the Adventure Trail in St George (4 miles) and Locked in North Wales, in Abergele. Betws y Coed, the main hub of Snowdonia (18 miles) and Llyn Brenig Reservoir and Visitor Centre (15 miles) are also highly recommended.
- Scenic country lanes from the doorstep including a 3.5 mile walk from the cottage to the village of Llanfair Talhaiarn. 0 miles
- Wales Coast Path - from Pensarn, go west towards Colwyn Bay and Llandudno or east towards Rhyl and Prestatyn with spectacular sea views along the way. 5 miles
- Mynydd y Gaer, Llannefydd – 270 meters high mountain walk with Iron Age hill fort. 2.5 miles
- Offa’s Dyke Path – National Trail (177 miles in total) following the Welsh/English border. Starting point at Prestatyn, 13 miles.
- Traeth Pensarn Beach - a lovely shingle beach with a promenade that includes toilets, shops and a seasonal café. 5 miles
- Llandudno Beach is another fantastic, scenic beach that offers everything from beautiful leisurely strolls along the promenade and refreshments, to entertainment and a fun filled day for all the family. 19 miles
- Wales Coast Path - as above - 5 miles. Buster's bike hire also available at Kinmel Bay, just 8 miles away, with direct access to the coast path.
- Llyn Brenig offers a range of tracks for all abilities. 15 miles
- Tan-y-Mynydd Trout Fishery, five lakes set in beautiful and tranquil Welsh countryside. Suitable for beginners and experienced anglers. 2.5 miles
- Llyn Brenig - recognised as one of the best top-of-the-water fisheries in Wales. 15 miles
- Silver Birch Golf Club, Betws yn Rhos - a quality 18-hole Golf & Foot Golf course 3.4 miles.
- Denbigh Golf Club - 18 hole parkland course. 7 miles
- Opendoor Centre, St Asaph. 6 miles
- Colwyn Bay Watersports at Porth Eirias. A watersports and tuition centre which includes sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and canoeing. 8 miles
- Surf Snowdonia. 17 miles
- Dolgoed Riding School. 8 miles
- Llanerch Equestrian Centre. 9 miles
- Bridlewood Riding Centre. The stables enjoy a relaxed countryside location just outside Prestatyn with direct access onto the Talacre Beach along their own private bridle way. 15 miles