- £379 per week
- £54 per night
- 5 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 single bed
- 4 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 50 miles
- Pub 0.5 miles
- Shop 0.5 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
Important - please note
- Check in: 3:00pm
- Check out: 10:00am
The Stables is a rustic and homely holiday cottage, located centrally in the beautiful Dee Valley between Llangollen, Bala and Betws-y-Coed. The ground floor living area is spacious yet cosy with log burner and equipped with board games. The kitchen/dining room features modern appliances and exposed original beams, with a separate utility room to maximise space. This dog-friendly holiday cottage also benefits from a patio area with outdoor furniture, terraced lawns and the top of the garden, above the cottage, is perfect for letting your four legged-friend roam, although not enclosed.
With all the major attractions of North Wales within a 40 minute drive, The Stables is an ideal base to explore Snowdonia, Chester, the Castles of North Wales and Coastal towns such as Rhyl & Llandudno. The historic town of Llangollen 15 mins east of Corwen boasts several independent shops, bars and restaurants, perfect for exploring and days out. Bala 20 minutes to the South has a beautiful lake and stunning golf course. Betws-y-Coed, known as the 'gateway to Snowdonia' with award-winning restaurants, outdoor shops and breath-taking galleries is 40minutes to the West.
- Hallway: Coat hooks, mirror, under stairs utility space.
- Kitchen/Dining: Fully equipped kitchen including microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer. Cottage style Dining Table for 6.
- Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Lounge: 3 sofas, TV (with Freeview), DVD, coffee tables, standard and table lamps, books and boardgames.
- Bedroom 1: Super king size bed (zip and link beds - can be made into 2 single beds, choose at time of booking), wardrobe, bookshelf, TV and DVD player. En Suite: Bath, shower, WC and hand basin.
- Bedroom 2: Three single beds (2 of which are zip and link beds - can be made into a super king size bed, choose at time of booking), sofa, coffee table, built-in wardrobe, bedside tables, lights, bookshelf, TV and DVD player. En Suite: Bath, shower, WC and hand basin.
- Cloakroom: WC and hand basin.
- Patio: Patio with tables and chairs.
- Lawn: Terraced lawns with valley views, winding paths and woodland.
- Terrace: Paved terrace outside cottage door with garden seats.
- Please note that none of the areas are enclosed, however, it is possible to keep an eye on them as they run around these grounds.
- Heating and electricity: Included.
- Logs for wood burner: Provided at £2 per bag.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels: Provided.
- Travel cot: Available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Hairdryers: 1 provided.
- Pets: 2 pets allowed.
- No smoking: Inside the property please.
- Parking: Parking available off road for 3 cars on the driveway.
Exceptionally clean, very comfortable beds and linen. Took 2 dogs and well catered for. Great location for our needs- owner very helpful and accommodating.
The holiday cottage is located in Corwen between Llangollen and Betws-y-Coed. Courtyard setting opposite large Victorian house - private and quiet. 5 minutes walk from the village with all amenities. A very central location with all the attractions of North Wales within a 40 minute drive.
The Stables cottage is on the edge of Snowdonia National Park. Lakes, mountains, canals, steam trains, national trust properties and castles are all on your doorstep. Within 10-15 minutes drive, you are in Llangollen; a lovely town on the river, with lots of little shops, and some fabulous restaurants. A great day out with riverside walks, canal boat rides (including Thomas Telford’s Aqueduct crossing), and a ride on the old steam trains. The Roman city of Chester is also a short drive away.
Popular activities near The Stables include walking, climbing, white water rafting, canoeing, Go Karting, 4 x 4 driving, high ropes adventure, paint balling, fishing, and much more. The cottage is situated in an area of outstanding beauty. There is something for every one in North Wales, all year round.
The Old Railway line (1 mile) Caer Drewyn (2 miles) circular walks starting from Corwen. 1 mile from cottage.
Find out more about 3 other popular routes from Corwen, namely North Berwyn Way, Dee Valley Way and Clwydian Way. 1 mile from cottage.
Moel Emoel – Snowdonia Mountain 6 mile circular walk (moderate). 11 miles from cottage.
Llyn Brenig – A selection of footpaths and trails suitable for all ages and abilities. 14 miles from the cottage.
Llangollen Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 9 miles
Coed Llandegla – top quality mountain biking suitable for all abilities and fitness levels. 13 miles
White Water Rafting, Canoeing and Rafting – Llangollen. Various water and outdoor activities to suit everyone. 8 miles
Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 13 miles
National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 16.5 miles