- £724 per week
- £103 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 17 miles
- Pub 6 miles
- Shop 3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
If you’re looking for stunning and secluded holiday accommodation in North Wales countryside, Hafan Hiraethog cottage is the place for you. Its rural setting offers a blissful retreat with ever-changing views and no light pollution. Located within its own enclosed garden and surrounded by agricultural land, it enjoys great views in all directions.
Only 6 miles to the historic town of Denbigh and to Llyn Brenig Lake and Visitor Centre which offers cycling, fly fishing and walking. Set in unspoilt countryside with a wealth of cultural and leisure activities on the doorstep and just 12 miles from the coast, the cottage offers an ideal holiday destination.
This 5 star holiday accommodation in North Wales offers a contemporary oak conservatory with large windows enjoying fantastic views of the Clwydian Mountains and countryside. Cane furniture and stunning exposed stone walls.
Kitchen/diner – Open plan extremely well equipped contemporary kitchen/diner with beams and French doors allowing access to the garden. Attractive breakfast bar and stools and seating for six in total comfort. Dishwasher, fridge-freezer and washing machine included. The three windows and French doors make this room extremely light and airy. All blinds, curtains and light fittings coordinate perfectly. The room has a flat screen television with DVD player and a selection of DVDs for guests.
Lounge – Comfortable sitting area with feature large stone fireplace and multi-fuel stove. Comfortable sofas ensure that this is a perfect room for relaxing with a glass of wine in front of a cosy fire.
Bedroom 1 – Double bedroom with metal traditional effect bed and coordinating furniture and fabrics. The room is full of character and style.
Shower/utility room with sink, washing machine and laundry facilities, toilet and shower/wet room.
Feature stained glass window on stairs overlooking garden
Bedroom 2 – Double bedroom which is modern and stylish with white furniture and coordinating bedding and curtains.
Bedroom 3 – Twin room, again with coordinating fittings and furnishings
Bathroom – Attractive tiled bathroom with shower over centre of bath, toilet, washbasin and heated towel rail.
Large enclosed garden with patio furniture, private hot tub, BBQ and Gazebo. Garden comprises of lawn, landscaped area, hard-standing patio and play area with indoor and outdoor toys.
- Welcome pack includes bottle of wine and cakes or chocolates, tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
- Heating and electricity included and one bag of logs provided free of charge. Coal charged at £8.00 per bag, extra logs £3 per bag.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Travel cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own cot bedding.
- Wifi available.
- Parking for unlimited number of cars
- Ground floor double bedroom and wet room may be suitable for less mobile guests
- All furniture and soft furnishings have been carefully selected to offer a luxurious feel throughout the property
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- This stunning holiday accommodation in North Wales enjoys views that are forever changing with the seasons and no light pollution – perfect for star-gazing.
Wonderful, very secluded and traditional with a well thought out renovation. The owners are the most helpful, kindest people we have met in a while. Perfect.
The village of Llansannan (3 miles) has a village shop and more extensive shopping is available in Denbigh which has a Morrison’s and an Aldi. For eating establishments the Brookenhouse Mill and Con Amici in Denbigh can be recommended and the Guildhall Tavern also in the town is recommended as a good pub. The Radhuni Asian Restaurant (5 miles) and the Kinmel Arms in Llandyrnog should also be mentioned. For lovers of history and culture, Denbigh has a castle and a library.
For outdoor enthusiasts the attractions of Llyn Brenig, the fourth largest lake in Wales, must not be missed. Cycle hire, walking and fly fishing are available and there is also a modern visitor centre which is open from 8-4 pm daily (apart from Christmas Day) and includes a waterside restaurant selling home cooked food.
Other days out from your 5 star holiday accommodation in North Wales include Loggerheads Country Park, the popular village of Betws y Coed (the official ‘Gateway to Snowdonia’) and Tree Top Adventure. There is also a great go-karting course at Cerrigydrudion and an Open Door Adventures Centre and scientifically important caves at Bont-Newydd.
- Designated lakeside walking routes are signposted from the Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre. 6 miles
- Alwen Trail - Way marked, 7.5 mile circular route around the Alwen Reservoir. Start the trail from the Alwen Dam near Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre. 6 miles
- Hiraethog Way links the villages of Pentrefoelas, Cerrigydrudion, Llanfihangel Glyn Myfr and Llanrhaeadr via public footpaths, quiet lanes and country roads. Starts at Pentrefoelas, 11 miles.
- Bike hire available at Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre.
- Around the Lake Trail - 9.5 mile route, suitable for beginners and families. Start from the main car park at the Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre. 6 miles
- Alwen Trail – easy to follow, 7.5 mile circular route around the Alwen Reservoir. Forest tracks and paths from Alwen Dam along the water’s edge and up to the moorland of Mynydd Hiraethog. 6 miles
- 30 mile circular cycle ride from Llyn Brenig. Challenging ride through varied terrain with spectacular views. 6 miles
- Betws y Coed provides a variety of trails including the renowned Marin Trail (16 miles) and the Penmachno (18.5 miles) Red Routes. Bike hire is also provided. 18 miles
- Llyn Brenig offers the highest sailing club in Wales. 6 miles.
- Kitesurfing School at Kinmel Bay, 16 miles.
Fly fishing available from Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre. 6 miles.
Denbigh Golf Club. 18 hole golf course. 6 miles
Riding available for all ages and abilities at Dolgoed Riding School in the Cathedral town of St Asaph. 11 miles
- The tourist coastal town of Rhyl has a large, blue flag sandy beach with a range of amenities. 17 miles
- Llandudno Beaches - Wales’s largest beach resort has two beaches with one boasting the Blue Flag award. Wide range of seasonal entertainment and leisure facilities. 26 miles
- Most beaches along the North Wales coast have won Seaside Awards for cleanliness and water quality.