Spacious farmhouse with log fires, inglenook and four poster bed, set on a family working farm. Surrounded by 200 acres of fertile farmland, this historical St Asaph accommodation was the first brick built building in Wales. Now a beautiful self catering cottage, this Grade 2 listed property offers a great base to explore the delights of the Vale of Clwyd in North Wales. Offa’s Dyke Path, miles of golden sand, historic market towns and Snowdonia all offer great days out and as guests of this St Asaph accommodation, you also benefit from private fishing rights on the River Clwyd.
Fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with a large dining table for 6 overlooking beautiful countryside. Dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer, cooker and washing machine included.
A spacious lounge with large comfy sofas and a large inglenook and woodburner. This room includes the original bread oven and the boiling cauldron and a Welsh dresser.
A second, cosy oak panelled lounge with a welcoming woodburner, flat screen TV with freeview and DVD player. Lovely views over the garden and beyond.
Cloakroom - WC and small vanity unit with wash basin
Master bedroom - king size four poster bed with curtains. Wooden floor with rugs and original furniture.
Double bedroom - antique cast iron and brass double bed with antique furniture.
Twin bedroom - two full size single beds, antique furniture and the original bedroom grate.
Bathroom includes a free standing, luxury bath, separate shower cubicle, w.c. washbasin and shaver point.
This lovely St Asaph accommodation has a large garden with two swings, table and chairs for up to 6 guests. Lovely views over the Clwyd countryside.
- Bed linen, hair dryer, hand and bath towels provided
- Central heating and electricity included.
- Initial supply of logs provided for the woodburner (additional logs also available for £5 a bag).
- Wifi available
- Cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own bedding for the cot.
- No pets or smoking inside this St Asaph accommodation
- Plenty of parking space
At a Glance
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Towels provided
- Cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 5 miles away
- Coast: 10 miles away
- Nearest pub: 2 miles away
Set on a family working farm and surrounded by 200 acres of fertile farmland, this St Asaph accommodation enjoys undisturbed views over stunning Vale of Clwyd countryside. The farmhouse shares the building with the owners own property (So it is semi detcahed). Built in 1567, it is the first brick built building in Wales and a delightful footpath on the owner’s land leads you through one of Wales’ oldest documented woodlands.
Prepare to be inspired by this charming farmhouse cottage and its wonderful surroundings. It is a great base to explore North Wales and beyond, with Offa’s Dyke Path and the historical city of Chester to the east, the wonderful Welsh coast to the north, Snowdonia to the west and many historic Welsh market towns to the south.
The quaint village of Tremeirchion is just 2 miles away with a village pub that serves good food. St Asaph (Llanelwy in Welsh) offers a wider range of amenities just 5 miles away and is also home to a cathedral which gives it its city status. Con Amici (4 miles) and White Horse in Llandyrnog (7 miles) are also recommended for their food. Amongst the best attractions in the area is the Sea Life Centre in Rhyl, Bodnant National Trust Gardens and, for the bargain hunter, Tweedmill factory outlet just 2 miles down the road.
Historic market towns such as Denbigh, Ruthin and St. Asaph together with small villages are all sheltered between Mynydd Hiraethog and the rolling hills of the Clwydian Range – an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Call at Loggerheads Country Park central information point for the A.O.N.B. The Clwydian Range offer breathtaking views of the Vale of Clwyd, Snowdonia, Anglesey and the coast on a clear day.
At the mouth of the valley is the bustling resorts of Rhyl and Prestatyn with miles of sandy beaches, where you can also join the All Wales Coast Path. There are numerous castles nearby, including Bodelwyddan Castle from Victorian times and 12th Century castles at Denbigh, Rhuddlan and Conwy. It is also worth visiting the resort of Llandudno with its wide range of attractions and activities. Not to mention Betws y Coed, Llangollen, Chester Zoo and much more – all within an hour’s drive.
- 40 acre woodland trail where Edward the Black Prince once hunted. Experience the delights of one of Wales’ oldest documented woodlands and enjoy the wealth of rare plants and wild flowers. On the farm – 0 miles from the cottage
- Plenty of walks on the Clwydian Range, including Offas Dyke National Trail, just 2 miles away. Look out for Iron Age hill forts such as Penycloddau and Moel Arthur along these walks as well.
- North Wales Coastal Path – Nearest joining point at Rhyl, 10 miles away.
- Moel Famau mountain walk is only a short drive away. 555 feet high. 12 miles
- Family walks at the nearby Loggerheads Country Park. 18 miles
- Private fishing rights on the River Clwyd, stocked with salmon and trout. On the farm – 0 miles from cottage.
- Llyn Brenig on the Denbigh Moors is the largest resevoir supplying water in Wales. The centre is famous for its fly fishing resources. 13 miles
- Dolgoed Riding school offers horse riding lessons along with stables, dressage, saddlery and livery facilities. 4 miles
- Denbigh's comprehensive 18 hole golf course is located 5.5 miles away
- Caerwys golf club. Set within the picteresque rolling welsh hills this 9 hole golf course is located only 6 miles away.
- North wales coastal path is located only miles away and consists of 34 miles of hard cycle path mostly off road between Talacre and Penmaenmawr. 10 miles
- Llandegla Forest is suitable for all abilities and fitness levels and is considered as one of Wales best mountain biking attractions. 19 miles
- You have a sea of beaches to choose from only a short drive from the cottage. Rhyl, Prestatyn and Talacre beaches are all situated along the beautiful north Wales coast 10 miles away
- North Wales Kitesurfing - kite surfing school in Kinmel bay on the north wales coast 11 miles
- Llyn Brenig reservoir and Visitor centre welcomes you with an array of activities only a short drive away. From sailing, fishing, cycling and walking Brenig visitor centre is the perfect day out. 13 miles
Great propertyMr Nalin Parmar - 26th April 2018
Amazing! A real working Dairy farm, a historic home, with furnishings, and artifacts that fit the atmosphere. All was clean, in wonderful condition and a fully stocked kitchen with all that was needed. All the local pubs were friendly and inviting. Visit the nearby Castles, all very close. You will need a car to explore. The roads are narrow, but charming, Meadows dotted with sheep everywhere. Everything was great! Gail from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. - 6th November 2017
Lovely welcoming property. Ideal surroundings. Lots to see within a short drive and lots of places to eat.Group from Surrey - 28th September 2016
Beautiful property where every detail was well thought out. We also enjoyed good fish and chips in local villageEileen - 27th September 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.