- £515 per week
- £74 per night
- 6 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 4.5 miles
- Pub 1 mile
- Shop 1 mile
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Detached cottage with private hot tub and sea view. Gwarcwm Uchaf offers a rural setting for a relaxing break, with breathtaking views over the Dyfi Estuary and up towards the hills. This cosy, pet-friendly cottage also features a lovely woodburner in the lounge and rayburn in the kitchen. There are plenty of beautiful mountains for walkers to enjoy the freedom to roam. Located between Machynlleth and Aberystwyth, there is plenty to do nearby and Cardigan Bay with its lovely beaches is just a short drive.
Kitchen/dining room - Fitted kitchen with fridge, freezer, dishwasher, oven, microwave and rayburn included. Large oak dining table and chairs overlooking the garden and the amazing view.
Lounge with a welcoming woodburner, 2 brown leather sofas and a chair, TV with built in dvd, solid oak coffee table and nest of tables, large rug and china cabinet.
Utility room in a shed attached to the house which includes a washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, toilet and storage for dirty boots etc. Wood is also available here for the woodburner.
Bedroom 1 - Super king bed (can be split into 2 singles if required). Solid oak wardrobe and dressing table and chair, 2 bedside cabinets with tablelamps and an amazing view.
Bedroom 2 - Super king bed (can be split into 2 singles if required). Solid oak wardrobe, 2 bedside cabinets, dressing table and chair and the same views as bedroom 1 towards the estuary.
Bedroom 3 - Small double bed (4ft) for single occupancy. Solid oak wardrobe, bedside cabinet with lamp, dressing table and chair.
Bedroom 4 - Small double bed (4ft) for single occupancy. Solid oak wardrobe, bedside cabinet with lamp, dressing table and chair.
Bathroom with bath and electric shower above, washbasin and toilet.
Enclosed garden at the rear of the cottage with private hot tub and an amazing view towards the sea and the hills. Garden table and chairs, barbecue and rotary clothes line.
Football, small tennis bats and ball also provided.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels included
- 4 hairdryers provided (one for each bedroom)
- Cot, high chair and stairgate provided on request
- Dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, hand soap, tea towels, sponges, scourers and washing up brush provided
- No smoking inside
- 2 pets welcome free of charge (Ground floor only) - please notify us when booking,
- Plenty of parking space
- Wifi included
- Stable available for horses if required
Beautiful cottage, amazing views , tranquil and stunning countryside. Highly recommend.
A relaxing family break in a beautiful house set in stunning countryside with a view of the sea. The hot tub was great too. We visited Aberystwyth, Machynlleth on market day (Wed), Borth & Clarach. We went on the Rheidol steam railway to Devils Bridge and to the Corris Craft centre (lovely Welsh Rarebit in the cafe here).
This detached cottage with private hot tub is located on a farm, in a peaceful, rural location. Relax in the garden whilst watching the sheep and cattle roam in the fields around you or sit in the hot tub enjoying the spectacular view of the River Dyfi as it meets the blue waters of Cardigan Bay.
There are 2 shops nearby – one in each of the nearest villages. This includes a community ran shop at Trerddol (1 mile) which sells a lot of local produce and a SPAR shop in Talybont (2 miles). There are also 3 pub / restaurants that can all be recommended within 2 miles; The Wildfowler in Trerddol (1 mile) and Y Llew Du and Y Llew Gwyn in Talybont (2 miles).
Amongst the popular attractions in the area are the beaches at Ynyslas (5 miles) and Borth (7 miles), the RSPB centre at Ynyshir (4.5 miles), Nantymoch reservoir (10 miles) and the Cambrian Mountains that are all around you. The seaside town of Aberystwyth (9 miles) and the historic town of Machynlleth, known as the Ancient Capital of Wales (9.5 miles), are also worth a visit.
The University and Seaside town of Aberystwyth includes a National Library, Museum and Castle along with a wide range of amenities including a Leisure Centre, shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. There is also a cycle trail and a Narrow Gauge Railway leading to Devils Bridge with its famous Water Falls and many lovely walks. The Aberystwyth area offers some spectacular landscapes and scenery, as featured on Hinterland / Y Gwyll; a ground-breaking, dual-language detective drama set against the stunning backdrop of west Wales.
The Historic Town of Machynlleth offers cycling trails, footpaths, Leisure Centre, unique shops, lovely restaurants and cafes, Wales’ first Parliament House dating back to the 15th Century and the oldest Street Market in Britain every Wednesday. A few extra miles north is the Centre for Alternative Technology, Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur’s Labyrinth.
- Beautiful beaches at Ynys Las (4.5 miles) and Borth (7 miles), with the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth just 9 miles.
- Plenty of rural and mountain walks starting from the cottage. 0 miles
- The All Wales Coast Path can be joined at Tre’r Ddol, 1 mile. This leads to the beach in Borth and Aberystwyth a few miles further south.
- Many cycle routes within a few miles, as well as endless rural roads for walking and cycling. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking - all routes start from Machynlleth. 9.5 miles
- Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre - one of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales. 14 miles
- R.S.P.B. at Ynyshir. 4.5 miles
- Dyfi Osprey Project. 4.5 miles
- Red Kite Feeding Centre at Nant yr Arian. 14 miles
- Borth is a great venue for surfing and windsurfing. There are also surfing lessons available at Borth Beach. 7 miles
- Borth Golf Club - 18 hole championship golf course. 7 miles.
- Aberystwyth Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 9 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club - 9 hole golf course. 10 miles.
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 10 miles
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 9 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Fly Fishing at Nant y Moch (brown trout) – 10 miles. (Day tickets available at the Garage in Ponterwyd, 16 miles).