Beautiful cottage with a private hot tub and far reaching views over the Dyfi Estuary, Cardigan Bay and rolling Welsh countryside. This sea view holiday cottage is located on a working farm, less than a mile from the village of Talybont with its two pub restaurants, shop etc. It is also central to the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth and Machynlleth, the Ancient Capital of Wales. This is the perfect place to relax and enjoy some quality time exploring the local beaches, discovering hidden treasures and various attractions.
Open plan kitchen, dining and living area with underfloor heating throughout. Fully equipped kitchen including a dishwasher and a lovely dining area looking out to the garden and fields.
The lounge area includes comfortable sofas, a large TV along with Playstation 3 / DVD player, games and videos
Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer.
Open oak staircase leading up to 2 bedrooms and a shower room.
Spacious double bedroom with king bed and amazing estuary and sea views.
Second spacious bedroom with the option of having a super-king bed or two full size single beds - *please let us know your preference*. Lovely reading corner overlooking the garden and fields.
Shower room with a large power shower, WC and washbasin.
Private and enclosed garden area to the rear of the cottage with a hot tub and garden furniture to enjoy the calming countryside views. BBQ equipment provided.
There is also garden furniture in front of this sea view holiday cottage to enjoy the expansive estuary and coastal views.
- Warm Welsh welcome including home made cakes on arrival
- Heating and electricity included (Eco Biomass central heating)
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 2 hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request
- Up to 2 pets welcome, free of charge. Please notify us when booking.
- No smoking
- Plenty of parking space
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Wales cottage Holidays along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
At a Glance
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- 2 Pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Hot tub
- Towels provided
- Cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 1 mile away
- Coast: 3.5 miles away
- Nearest pub: 1 mile away
This sea view holiday cottage is nestled on a hillside and is surrounded by beautiful scenery. The expansive views over the Dyfi Estuary, Cardigan Bay and up towards the Snowdonia mountains never fail to inspire - it’s a wonderful setting to relax and to be inspired. On a clear day you can even see Bardsey Island out on the western tip of the Llyn Peninsula.
Part of a working family farm you can enjoy a taste of life in the Welsh countryside at this sea view holiday cottage, whilst also being within a mile of Talybont village with its range of amenities. Amenities include a village shop, garage, chemist and 2 pub restaurants (Llew Du and Llew Gwyn) - both worth visiting for food or drink. There is also a popular, community ran shop and cafe at Trerddol (3 miles) which sells a lot of local produce and another pub restaurant called Wildfowler. For eating out, Matt’s Deli in Bow Street (4 miles) as well as Gwesty Cymru and Baravin on the sea front in Aberystwyth are also highly recommended.
The nearest popular attractions to your sea view holiday cottage include the RSPB wildlife haven at Ynys-hir and the Dyfi Ospreys Project, made famous by the BBC’s Springwatch programme in recent years. The beaches at Borth (3.5 miles) and Ynyslas (5 miles), Nantymoch reservoir (10 miles) and the Cambrian Mountains that are all worth exploring as well. The area also has an UNESCO status as one of only two Biosphere reserves in Wales.
The bustling seaside town of Aberystwyth (7 miles) and Machynlleth, the Ancient Capital of Wales (10 miles) both offer great days out. Aberystwyth is home to the National Library of Wales, a beautiful Promenade, Museum and Castle and a cliff railway that climbs Constitution Hill with amazing views and a cafe at the top. Amenities include a wide range of shops, supermarkets, Leisure Centre, shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. A Narrow Gauge Railway leads to Devils Bridge with its famous Water Falls and many lovely walks. The ground-breaking, dual-language detective drama Hinterland / Y Gwyll is also filmed in and around Aberystwyth.
The Historic Town of Machynlleth features the the oldest Street Market in Britain every Wednesday, as well as cycling trails, footpaths, Leisure Centre, unique shops, lovely restaurants and cafes and Wales’ first Parliament House dating back to the 15th Century. A few extra miles north is the Centre for Alternative Technology, Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur’s Labyrinth.
- Beautiful beaches at Borth (3.5 miles) and Ynys Las (5 miles), with the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth just 7 miles.
- The All Wales Coast Path can be joined just 0.5 of a mile from the cottage. This leads to the beach in Borth and Aberystwyth a few miles further south.
- Plenty of mountains to explore, including Pumlumon (Cambrian Mountains) and Cader Idris (Snowdonia)
- Many cycle routes within a few miles, as well as endless rural roads for walking and cycling. 0 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking - all routes start from Machynlleth. 11 miles
- Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre - one of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales. 12.5 miles
- Borth is a great venue for surfing and windsurfing. Surfing lessons also provided at Borth Beach by ‘Aber Adventure’. 3.5 miles
- Borth Golf Club - 18 hole championship golf course. 3.5 miles.
- Aberystwyth Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 7 miles
- Machynlleth Golf Club - 9 hole golf course. 11 miles.
- RSPB at Ynyshir - 5 miles
- Dyfi Osprey Project - 7.5 miles
- Red Kite Feeding Centre at Nant yr Arian - 12.5 miles
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 7 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Fly Fishing at Nant y Moch (brown trout) – 10 miles. (Day tickets available at the Garage in Ponterwyd, 15 miles).
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 8.5 miles
The cottage was beautiful, no complaints.Geena from UK - 28th February 2018
All perfect. Lovely property. Great location. Nice and peaceful at the cottage but plenty to do within a short drive.Group from Haverfordwest - 3rd November 2017
Everything was perfect couldn't have asked for anything more
Peaceful, relaxing and absolutely perfect just what we all needed and was very homely. People were very welcoming and enjoyed waking up to the sound of the countryside We enjoyed seeing the Devils Bridge, walks by the waterfall and visiting the local towns.Laura from Somerset - 25th July 2017
The property is in a great location - beautiful views and peaceful yet close to facilities such as shops. The cottage has everything you need and is decorated and furnished to a great standard. The owners are very welcoming.
Recommends: Walk on Borth beach at low tide to see the ancient submerged forest - it is quite a sight.Couple from Weston-super-mare - 8th July 2017
2nd time we have been to this property and it's still brilliant.
Forest near by and sand dunes are worth a visit.Noel from Crewe, Cheshire Add Tag to Answer - 7th March 2017
The cottage was outstanding, spotlessly clean, with all mod cons! The owners gave us a lovely welcome. The hot tub was an added bonus and fab. The cottage was beautifully decorated and it was lovely and warm. Also it is easy to find, and was in a good location to visit Aberystwyth and other neighbouring towns. I will definitely go back. Outstanding.
Aberystwyth is a favourite of mine with plenty of coffee shops! There is a beautiful promenade to walk along and plenty of benches along the way to sit and watch the sea.Louise from Swansea - 6th February 2017
Very relaxing. Beautiful cottage, excellent facilities, home from home.
Recommendations: Black Lion pub for food, steam train ride to Devils Bridge. King Arthur's Labyrinth.Michelle from Bristol - 29th October 2016
It was excellent and the owners have obviously thought carefully about decor, furnishing and facilities provided. Lovely beach at Ynyslas especially if you have a dog.Family from Caerffili - 29th July 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Little Cook Box £10 off your first Little Cook Box Meal kit box – Big Tastes for Little Cooks!
We all know what it’s like, you arrive at your holiday home and then immediately need to go out and do the big shop. We’ve got it covered though, at...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price