- £446 per week
- £64 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- Bunk beds to sleep 2
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 4 miles
- Pub 2 miles
- Shop 2 miles
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
This lovely holiday cottage near Aberystwyth enjoys a beautiful setting, overlooking the Ystwyth Valley in peaceful West Wales countryside. Aberystwyth (4 miles) is a picturesque coastal town with a wide range of amenities. This is an ideal base to make the most of this popular region and everything it has to offer. This includes a range of family attractions, scenic walks and beaches, Nant yr Arian mountain biking centre and Devils Bridge's narrow gauge railway and waterfalls.
Blaenilar is equipped and furnished to a high standard. The kitchen/diner is well equipped and includes a dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave and freeview TV.
Lounge with comfortable seating and stylish electric fire, freeview TV with DVD and CD player.
Double bedroom with wardrobe, bedside cabinets and dressing table.
Bunk bedroom with full size wooden bunk beds, wardrobe, bedside cabinets and dressing table.
Spacious bathroom with bath, separate shower cubicle, and heated towel rail.
Blaenilar has its own enclosed patio and barbecue area, along with access to a lawned, shared play area for the children with swings and a slide.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels included.
- Heating and electricity included.
- Cot and highchair available on request. Please bring your own bed linen for the cot.
- Wifi available
- There is ample off road parking.
- 1 pet welcome and free of charge, possibly 2 allowed on request. Please inform us when making a booking.
- Shared laundry room on site with 24 hour access.
- You can expect a friendly Welsh atmosphere and a warm welcome with the owners on site.
- Short breaks are available throughout the year apart from the summer holidays.
- For larger groups or families, you also have 2 other 5 star cottages on site: Blaenlli (sleeps 6) and Y Ddinas (sleeps 4)
Information for Disabled and Less Abled People
- All of the property is suitable for disabled people with all rooms on ground floor. This includes kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and living area.
- There are no height restrictions.
- Easy access access for a wheelchair, all doors are a minimum of 750mm and the main door is 860mm wide
- Easy parking and the flat walking surface into the property, is tarmac.
- There are no steps into the property and the garden can be accessed in a wheelchair.
- There is an extra light in the kitchen and a speaking clock for people with visual impairment. This is available by arrangement just let us know when you book
- There are grab rails in the bathroom and there is a separate ensuite
- There is room for a wheelchair to fit under the dining table, room under the bed for a suitcase and a hoist
- The light switches and door handles are positioned to offer easy access.
- There is room for a wheelchair on both sides of the bed and into the bathroom. There is a 5 inch step into the shower cubicle.
- Incontinence pads and hyperdermic needles can be safely disposed of
Available on request :-
- Higher seat for the toilet and a commode are available.
- Seat for the bath
- There is also a local care company that is available for support and extra mobility equipment can be hired locally.
Assistance dogs are allowed.
This is a great base to explore Mid and West Wales, a trip to the seaside or for visiting the university and the National Library of Wales. Enjoy a day out at Fantasy Farm at Llanrhystud (8.5 miles), pony trekking at Rheidol riding centre or a round of golf at Aberystwyth or Borth. Sea and coarse fishing are available locally whilst surfing is popular along the coast. The area also offers excellent walks with an abundance of wildlife including coastal birds and red kites.
One of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales (Nant yr Arain), is just a 15 mile drive from the cottage where you can also watch the red kites being fed. Venture on a deep underground tour of The Silver and Lead Mines at Llywernog (14.5 miles) or sit back and enjoy a scenic journey on the famous steam train through the Vale of Rheidol from Aberystwyth to Devil’s Bridge.
- Sheltered sand and shingle beach at the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. 4 miles.
- Three-mile stretch of sandy beach from Borth to Ynys Las. 13 miles.
- Ystwyth Trail - a 21 mile walking / cycling trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron via Llanfarian. Join the path 0.5 miles from the cottage.
- Ceredigion Coast Path follows the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. Aberystwyth is the easiest joining point, 4 miles away.
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 14.5 miles from cottage
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 15 miles
- The Hafod Estate (owned by the Forestry Commission) offers 5 way-marked walks, of varying length and difficulty, enabling visitors to explore the famous Hafod landscape. 18.5 miles
- Ystwyth Trail – see above under walking. 0.5 miles from the cottage.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 14.5 miles
- Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre - one of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales. Featuring the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 15 miles from cottage.
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 4 miles
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 4 miles
- Nant-y-Moch & Dinas reservoirs, near Ponterwyd - both stocked with varieties of trout. Permits for fishing can be bought from the Rheidol Filling Station in Ponterwyd. 15 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 9 miles