- £586 per week
- £84 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Electric car charging point
How far to ...?
- Beach 2.8 miles
- Pub 2 miles
- Shop 0.25 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Electric car charging point
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Beautiful, contemporary cottage with a private hot tub and a welcoming log burner, near the seaside town of Aberystwyth on the beautiful shores of Cardigan Bay. Located up a quiet lane on a former railway line, the cottage provides direct access to what is now the scenic Ystwyth bike trail. Enjoy easy access to numerous attractions and an array of shops, restaurants and cafes in town.
Aberystwyth is also home to the National Library of Wales, two beaches and a promenade, a castle, cliff railway and a narrow gauge railway to Devils Bridge. Not to mention Aberystwyth University, a traditional cinema and the largest Arts Centre in Wales.
Large L-shaped living room which includes a kitchen, dining and a lounge area. Underfloor heating throughout and a welcoming log burner.
The well-equipped kitchen includes an electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher.
Large dining table in its own spacious corner looking out to the front garden area.
The inviting lounge area includes comfortable seating in front of the log burner and 40" Smart TV.
Snug room - This is a separate, small 2nd lounge with another Smart TV and a bed settee that can also serve as a ground floor bedroom for one additional guest.
Ground floor toilet with WC and wash hand basin.
Bedroom 1 – Lovely bedroom with a king size bed and stylish furnishing. Plenty of room for a cot if needed.
Bedroom 2 – Two single beds that can also be linked to form a super-king sized bed on request. Please make a note when booking if you would prefer a super-king layout.
Family bathroom with a modern, free-standing bath and hand held shower hose, a separate walk-in shower, heated towel rail, WC and wash hand basin.
Artificial lawned area to the front of the property accessed via double patio doors from the living room. Includes garden table and chairs. Lockable bike racks.
Enclosed rear courtyard with a private hot tub for 4.
Direct access to the village play area via a pathway from the cottage.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea and coffee, sugar and milk, Welsh cakes and Prosecco.
- Central heating (including underfloor heating) and electricity included
- First basket load of logs included. Additional supplies can be purchased in Aberystwyth at B&M or Charlie's Stores.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. Please bring your own towels for the hot tub and beach.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Wifi available
- Up to 2 dogs welcome
- No smoking inside the property please
- Parking spaces for up to 2 cars on site
- Additional items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets and dishcloths / scourers.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet
- General cleaning products: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc
Excellent holiday house. Quality of fittings and furniture are first class. Hot tub extremely good after long coastal path walks. The property manager was on hand and couldn’t be more helpful. A really quiet location, not a sound at night. Just a couple of mins off the Aberystwyth to Cardigan road do very convenient. Loved it. Thank you.
Great cottage, very clean and has everything you need. In a great location for beaches and days out to keep the kids entertained on the doorstep. A lovely quiet lane ideal for dog walkers.
Located up a quiet lane on the outskirts of Llanfarian village, less than 3 miles from the bustling seaside town of Aberystwyth on the Cardigan Bay coast. This detached, contemporary cottage is situated on a former railway line, which now forms part of the scenic, 20 mile long Ystwyth bike trail that links Aberystwyth to Tregaron. Llanfarian offers a village shop and a licensed fish and chips shop.
The university town of Aberystwyth (literally translated - Mouth of the River Ystwyth) is centrally located on the mid-west Wales coast. It offers a wide variety of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars, as well as supermarkets and a new Marks & Spencer store. It also features two beaches and a promenade, as well as direct access to the Wales Coast Path. Home to the National Library of Wales and Aberystwyth Arts Centre (the largest arts centre in Wales), as well as a traditional cinema, a castle and museum. Aberystwyth is also home to the longest cliff railway in Britain and the only one of its kind in Wales.
Amongst the recommended restaurants are Glengower, Baravin, Gwesty Cymru, Byrgyr and Pysgoty - all located on the Aberystwyth seafront. For Sunday lunch, Marine is highly recommended whilst Tynllidiart Arms and Maes Bangor in Capel Bangor (6 miles) and Y Ffarmers in Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn (7 miles) and Halfway Inn in Pisgah (7.4) are also well worth the journey. Plenty of good pubs, including the Glengower (dog friendly) and Ship & Castle for local ales.
Aberystwyth offers direct access to the Cambrian Mountains and Rheidol Valley. The Vale of Rheidol Railway offers a very popular day trip up to Devil's Bridge (seasonal timetable), an area steeped in myths and legends. When you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall. Treat yourself to a meal at Hafod Arms before catching the train back to Aberystwyth.
For activities, Colossal Activities can provide anything from golf to mountain bike hire to fishing, children’s parties and kayak hire. You can also enjoy excursions into the Cambrian Mountains for views, local history and wildlife with Cambrian Safaris. Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey) and the Animalarium in Borth.
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. Dogs are allowed in low season. 2.8 miles from the cottage
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach – quieter than the town’s North Beach. 2.8 miles
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 4.8 miles
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 8.7 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - a 20 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron. From the doorstep - 4 miles to Aberystwyth, 16 miles to Tregaron.
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade in Aberystwyth and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 2.8 miles
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. 2.3 miles.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 12 miles from cottage
- Ystwyth Trail - as above.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 2.8 miles.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 2.8 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (2.6 miles)
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 3 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8.7 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 6.7 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 14 miles.