With a private hot tub and games room, this large detached house is also pet-friendly and provides a great, central base for get-togethers. Less than 3 miles from the bustling seaside town of Aberystwyth on the Cardigan Bay coast, Corlan Aber enjoys a tranquil setting in the village of Llanfarian. The Ystwyth Cycle Trail can also be joined from the doorstep and offers a direct, scenic route to Aberystwyth's cafes, shops and restaurants, by bike or on foot.
Home to two beaches and a promenade, a castle and the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth is an University town which also boasts a narrow gauge railway and cliff railway, a traditional cinema and the largest Arts Centre in Wales.
The L shaped, open plan living area offers a sociable, relaxing space for groups of friends or families, with underfloor heating in the dining and living areas.
Kitchen - Galley style kitchen with plenty of storage space. Fully equipped and includes a fridge and freezer, oven, microwave oven and dishwasher. The adjoining Utility Room offers further storage and a washing machine.
Dining Area - large table for up to 10 guests overlooking the rear garden.
Living Area – settees and armchairs for all guests to sit together, along with a 40inch wall mounted TV. Large patio doors leading out directly to the garden and hot tub.
Games Room - separate room with darts (please bring your own darts) and a small pool table. Second fridge if needed.
Ensuite Bedroom - super-king bed, small settee and ensuite shower room. With no steps to the property, this is also an ideal base for less mobile guests.
Master Ensuite Bedroom - spacious bedroom with super-king bed and full size single bed. Large ensuite with walk in shower.
Bedroom 3 - King size bed.
Bedroom 4 - Twin berdroom.
Family Bathroom includes a bath with shower above, WC and washbasin.
Fully enclosed garden with a private hot tub, table and chairs for all guests. Artificial lawn making it guest and pet-friendly all year round.
- Welcome Pack includes Welsh cakes and Prosecco, tea and coffee, sugar and milk.
- Central heating (including underfloor heating) and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. Please bring your own towels for the hot tub and beach.
- 1 hairdryer
- Books and games provided
- Cot, high chair and stairgate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- 1 dog welcome (a second might be allowed on request)
- No smoking inside the property please
- Off road parking spaces for up to 3 cars
- The following items are also provided…
- Kitchen: 2 kitchen rolls, washing up liquid, enough dishwasher tabs to get you started, new dishcloths, scourers and tea towels.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per bathroom / toilet.
- General cleaning products: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 9
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bath/shower rooms
- 1 Pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Hot tub
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.25 mile away
- Coast: 2.8 miles away
- Nearest pub: 2 miles away
Ideal group accommodation near Aberystwyth, Corlan Aber is a detached large property in a tranquil setting in the village of Llanfarian, with an enclosed garden and private hot tub. Just a 1/4 of a mile off the main coast road between Aberystwyth and Aberaeron, this is a highly convenient and central base for your holiday on the Cardigan Bay coast.
The Ystwyth Trail (which follows the old railway line between Aberystwyth and Tregaron) can also be joined from the doorstep and leads directly to Aberystwyth. This part of the trail is suitable for all ages and perfect for cycling or walking. From Aberystwyth, you can also join the All Wales Coast Path towards the north or south.
The village of Llanfarian offers a licensed fish and chips shop and a small shop for essentials, whilst Aberystwyth with its bigger shops and amenities is within 3 miles. For eating out, Aberystwyth has plenty of recommended options including Ultracomida and Baravin, Pysgoty, Byrgyr and Gwesty Cymru. For Sunday lunch, Marine is highly recommended whilst Tynllidiart Arms and Maes Bangor in Capel Bangor (6 miles) and Y Ffarmers in Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn (7 miles) and Halfway Inn in Pisgah (7.4) are also well worth the journey. Plenty of good pubs, including the Glengower (dog friendly) and Ship & Castle for local ales.
The Cliff Railway offers amazing views over Aberystwyth and Cardigan Bay, whilst the town is also home to Aberystwyth University, the National Library of Wales, the largest Art Centre in Wales, the ruins of Aberystwyth Castle, a traditional cinema and two beaches.
Amongst the other attractions in the area you have Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre with its scenic walks, mountain bike trails and Red Kite feeding Centre. Ynyslas’ RSPB Nature Reserve is also very popular whilst a steam train ride along the Vale of Rheidol Railway from Aberystwyth to Devils Bridge offers a great day out (seasonal timetable). This area is steeped in myths and legends and when you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall. Treat yourself to a meal at Hafod Arms before catching the train back to Aberystwyth.
For groups, Colossal Activities can provide anything from golf to mountain bike hire to fishing, children’s parties and kayak hire. You can also enjoy excursions into the Cambrian Mountains for views, local history and wildlife with Cambrian Safaris. Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey) and the Animalarium in Borth.
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. Dogs are allowed in low season. 2.8 miles from the cottage
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach – quieter than the town’s North Beach. 2.8 miles
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 4.8 miles
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 8.7 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - a 20 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron. From the doorstep - 4 miles to Aberystwyth, 16 miles to Tregaron.
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade in Aberystwyth and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 2.8 miles
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. 2.3 miles.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 12 miles from cottage
- Ystwyth Trail - as above.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 2.8 miles.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 2.8 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (2.6 miles)
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 3 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8.7 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 6.7 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 14 miles.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...