- £796 per week
- £114 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Secure bicycle storage
- Electric car charging point
How far to ...?
- Beach 2.8 miles
- Pub 2 miles
- Shop 0.25 miles
- Games room
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Electric car charging point
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
With a private hot tub and games room, this large detached house is also pet-friendly and provides a great, central base for get-togethers. Less than 3 miles from the bustling seaside town of Aberystwyth on the Cardigan Bay coast, Corlan Aber enjoys a tranquil setting in the village of Llanfarian. The Ystwyth Cycle Trail can also be joined from the doorstep and offers a direct, scenic route to Aberystwyth's cafes, shops and restaurants, by bike or on foot.
Home to two beaches and a promenade, a castle and the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth is an University town which also boasts a narrow gauge railway and cliff railway, a traditional cinema and the largest Arts Centre in Wales.
The L shaped, open plan living area offers a sociable, relaxing space for groups of friends or families, with underfloor heating in the dining and living areas.
Kitchen - Galley style kitchen with plenty of storage space. Fully equipped and includes a fridge and freezer, oven, microwave oven and dishwasher. The adjoining Utility Room offers further storage and a washing machine.
Dining Area - large table for up to 10 guests overlooking the rear garden.
Living Area – settees and armchairs for all guests to sit together, along with a 40inch wall mounted TV. Large patio doors leading out directly to the garden and hot tub.
Games Room & Bar - separate room with small bar and wine fridge, 6ft pool table and sofa.
Ensuite Bedroom - super-king bed(can be twin on request - please request at time of booking) with en suite shower room. With no steps to the property, this is also an ideal base for less mobile guests.
Master Ensuite Bedroom - spacious bedroom with super-king bed (can be twin on request - please request at time of booking) with a large ensuite with walk in shower.
Bedroom 3 - King size bed.
Bedroom 4 - Twin berdroom.
Family Bathroom includes a bath with shower above, WC and washbasin.
Fully enclosed garden with a private hot tub, table and chairs for all guests. Artificial lawn making it guest and pet-friendly all year round. Lockable bike racks.
- Welcome Pack includes Welsh cakes and Prosecco, tea and coffee, sugar and milk.
- Central heating (including underfloor heating) and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. Please bring your own towels for the hot tub and beach.
- 1 hairdryer
- Books and games provided
- Cot, high chair and stairgate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Up to 2 dogs welcome
- No smoking inside the property please
- Off road parking spaces for up to 3 cars
- The following items are also provided…
- Kitchen: 2 kitchen rolls, washing up liquid, enough dishwasher tabs to get you started, new dishcloths, scourers and tea towels.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per bathroom / toilet.
- General cleaning products: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray.
The house was great and spotlessly clean. Thanks for the welsh cakes and champagne too! We would definitely stay again! Diolch yn fawr :-)
Ideal group accommodation near Aberystwyth, Corlan Aber is a detached large property in a tranquil setting in the village of Llanfarian, with an enclosed garden and private hot tub. Just a 1/4 of a mile off the main coast road between Aberystwyth and Aberaeron, this is a highly convenient and central base for your holiday on the Cardigan Bay coast.
The village of Llanfarian offers a licensed fish and chips shop and a small shop for essentials, whilst Aberystwyth with its bigger shops and amenities is within 3 miles. For eating out, Aberystwyth has plenty of recommended options including Ultracomida and Baravin, Pysgoty, Byrgyr and Gwesty Cymru. For Sunday lunch, Marine is highly recommended whilst Tynllidiart Arms and Maes Bangor in Capel Bangor (6 miles) and Y Ffarmers in Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn (7 miles) and Halfway Inn in Pisgah (7.4) are also well worth the journey. Plenty of good pubs, including the Glengower (dog friendly) and Ship & Castle for local ales.
The Ystwyth Trail (which follows the old railway line between Aberystwyth and Tregaron) can also be joined from the doorstep and leads directly to Aberystwyth. This part of the trail is suitable for all ages and perfect for cycling or walking. From Aberystwyth, you can also join the All Wales Coast Path towards the north or south. The Cliff Railway offers amazing views over Aberystwyth and Cardigan Bay, whilst the town is also home to Aberystwyth University, the National Library of Wales, the largest Art Centre in Wales, the ruins of Aberystwyth Castle, a traditional cinema and two beaches.
Amongst the other attractions in the area you have Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre with its scenic walks, mountain bike trails and Red Kite feeding Centre. Ynyslas’ RSPB Nature Reserve is also very popular whilst a steam train ride along the Vale of Rheidol Railway from Aberystwyth to Devils Bridge offers a great day out (seasonal timetable). This area is steeped in myths and legends and when you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall. Treat yourself to a meal at Hafod Arms before catching the train back to Aberystwyth.
For groups, Colossal Activities can provide anything from golf to mountain bike hire to fishing, children’s parties and kayak hire. You can also enjoy excursions into the Cambrian Mountains for views, local history and wildlife with Cambrian Safaris. Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey) and the Animalarium in Borth.
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. Dogs are allowed in low season. 2.8 miles from the cottage
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach – quieter than the town’s North Beach. 2.8 miles
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 4.8 miles
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 8.7 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - a 20 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron. From the doorstep - 4 miles to Aberystwyth, 16 miles to Tregaron.
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade in Aberystwyth and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 2.8 miles
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. 2.3 miles.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 12 miles from cottage
- Ystwyth Trail - as above.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 2.8 miles.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 2.8 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (2.6 miles)
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 3 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8.7 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 6.7 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 14 miles.