- £655 per week
- £94 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Secure bicycle storage
- Electric car charging point
How far to ...?
- Beach 2.8 miles
- Pub 2 miles
- Shop 0.25 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Electric car charging point
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Set within its own large garden, this spacious cottage features a private hot tub with a view, a welcoming woodburner, underfloor heating and much more. Aberystwyth, a popular seaside town on the Cardigan Bay coast, is within 3 miles and offers a wide range of amenities and attractions. Enjoy direct access to the Ystwyth bike trail from your cottage, which links Aberystwyth to Tregaron on the foothills of the Cambrian Mountains.
In addition to a great choice of cafes and restaurants, Aberystwyth also boasts two beaches and a promenade with the oldest pier in Wales, a medieval castle, cliff railway and the biggest camera obscura in the world. Not to mention a narrow gauge railway to Devils Bridge, a traditional cinema, Aberystwyth University and Wales' largest Arts Centre.
Spacious, open plan living room which includes a kitchen diner and lounge. Underfloor heating and large patio doors leading to the private lawn and hot tub.
Modern, fully equipped kitchen with an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher.
Dining table between the kitchen and lounge area.
Large lounge with leather settees, enjoying views out to the patio and hot tub. Welcoming woodburner and 40" TV.
Bedroom 1 - Large bedroom with snug corner. Super-king bed that can also be arranged as a twin room on request (please note at the time of booking). Wall mounted TV and settee - great for children or grandparents to have their own space.
Ground floor shower room with a walk-in shower, WC and wash basin.
Bedroom 2 – Spacious bedroom with a king size bed and stylish furnishing. Dormer window to enjoy far reaching rural views. Plenty of floor space for a cot if needed.
Bedroom 3 – Twin bedroom with dual aspect dormer windows.
Modern bathroom with a lovely, free-standing bath and hand held shower hose, a walk-in shower, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Large, enclosed grounds with an artificial lawned area to the front. Private hot tub and expansive views of the surrounding hills. Garden table and chairs on the patio. Lockable bike racks.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea and coffee, sugar and milk, Welsh cakes and Prosecco.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. Please bring your own towels for the hot tub and beach.
- Central heating (including underfloor heating) and electricity included
- First basket load of logs included. Additional supplies can be purchased in Aberystwyth at B&M or Charlie's Stores.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Wifi available
- Up to 2 dogs welcome
- No smoking inside the property please
- Parking spaces for up to 3 cars on site
- No steps to the property, making it ideal for anyone who is less mobile
- Additional items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets and dishcloths / scourers.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet
- General cleaning products: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc
Set within its own gated grounds, this spacious cottage enjoys a tranquil location within the small village of Llanfarian. Less than 3 miles from the popular town of Aberystwyth on the Cardigan Bay coast, your private, detached cottage is also within 0.5 mile of a village shop, licensed fish and chips shop and children's play area. Direct access to a scenic, 20 mile bike trail that links Aberystwyth to Tregaron and the Cambrian Mountains.
The seaside town of Aberystwyth offers an array of cafes, restaurants, shops and bars, as well as supermarkets and a Marks & Spencer store. It also features a glorious promenade with the oldest pier in Wales, two beaches, the longest cliff railway in Britain and the largest camera obscura in the world. Offering direct access to the Wales Coast Path, Aberystwyth is also home to a medieval castle, the National Library of Wales, an impressive arts centre, theatre and a traditional cinema.
For food, there are plenty of restaurants to recommend, including Glengower, Baravin, Gwesty Cymru, Byrgyr and Pysgoty - all located on the Aberystwyth seafront. For Sunday lunch and an amazing selection of desserts, try the Marine. Tynllidiart Arms and Maes Bangor in Capel Bangor (6 miles) and Y Ffarmers in Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn (7 miles) and Halfway Inn in Pisgah (7.4) are also recommended. Plenty of good pubs, including the Glengower (dog friendly) and Ship & Castle for local ales.
Aberystwyth offers direct access to the Cambrian Mountains and Rheidol Valley. Catch the steam train (seasonal timetable) up to Devil's Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), an area steeped in myths and legends. When you arrive, follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall. Treat yourself to a meal at Hafod Arms before catching the train back to Aberystwyth.
Visit Ynyslas National Nature Reserve on the Dyfi Estuary, the Dyfi Osprey Project or enjoy excursions into the Cambrian Mountains for views, local history and wildlife with Cambrian Safaris. Other attractions include the Silver Mountain Experience lead mines, The Magic of Life Butterfly House, the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey) and the Animalarium in Borth.
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. Dogs are allowed in low season. 2.8 miles from the cottage
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach – quieter than the town’s North Beach. 2.8 miles
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 4.8 miles
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 8.7 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - a 20 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron. From the doorstep - 4 miles to Aberystwyth, 16 miles to Tregaron.
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade in Aberystwyth and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 2.8 miles
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. 2.3 miles.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 12 miles from cottage
- Ystwyth Trail - as above.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 2.8 miles.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 2.8 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (2.6 miles)
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 3 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8.7 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 6.7 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 14 miles.