For extended family holidays, friend’s get-together, girls getaway or a business group Tynrhyd Retreat offers the perfect solution for an exclusive stay in holiday homes for up to 50 guests. Large luxurious self-catering accommodation with a games room and vast hot tub, in a tranquil setting with woodland walks and 13 acres of private grounds.
Tynrhyd offers 15 bedrooms spread over 4 plush properties, with a wide choice of living spaces and bedroom configurations to suit your group, all in the heart of Hinterland country. Each has a fully equipped modern kitchen; spacious living and dining areas allowing large groups to gather, dine and socialise together, ideal for special celebrations.
The Barn acts as the central hub of the Estate with facilities for entertainment and special occasion events second to none. The spacious Great Hall with its vast windows brings the beauty of nature indoors. Vaulted ceilings and modern décor create a warm atmosphere, making it the perfect space to dine up to 50, host a celebration or convert into your private cinema. Keep adults and children alike entertained in the games room with American billiards and table tennis for friendly tournaments.
The Barn is divided into 3 spacious, open plan wings: Cambrian, Pumlumon and Barcud, which can be separate or interconnected and sleeps up to 38. The characterful and cosy renovated Farm House sleeps an additional 12.
We offer great mid-week deals and long weekends, ideal for a family retreat, intimate wedding or as a Retreat venue.
Awarded a Building Excellence Award and a Green Tourism Business Award, Tynrhyd Retreat is the perfect place year-round for all ages.
Cambrian House – sleeps 17
Shared access from the Great Hall; opens into a large open plan lounge, kitchen, dining area with beamed ceilings and quality craftsmanship in every detail. Cambrian House offers comfort you instantly feel at home in.
Ground Floor – Kitchen - commercial grade 6 ring gas hob/ oven range, microwave, fridge, freezer, dish washer and washer/dryer. Dining - long table, pew seating and chairs for 17. Lounge – beautiful views over patio and hills; three large sofas, easy chair, log burner, Smart TV and Netflix.
- Rheidol Suite – Ground floor. 1 Super King-sized bed and 1 custom over single bed. Disabled friendly, direct access out to the Welsh slate patio. Seating area, SMART tv. Private en suite wet room bathroom. (Sleeps 3)
- Rhos Suite – Ground floor. 1 Super King-sized bed, 1 custom over single bed and 1 separate single bed. Private en suite wet room bathroom. (Sleeps 4)
- Village Suite – First floor. 1 Super King sized, 3 single beds. Seating area, SMART tv. Private en suite has twin showers and sinks. (Sleeps 5)
- Penlan Suite – First floor. 1 Super King bed (can be split), 3 Singles. Seating area, SMART tv. Private en suite has twin showers and sinks. (Sleeps 5)
Pumlumon House – Sleeps 16
Pumlumon offers nonstop comfort. Shared entrance through the Great Hall, through to spacious open plan living, kitchen and dining area, with timber framed walls, beamed ceilings and access to the Welsh slate patio.
Ground Floor - Kitchen - Commercial grade 6 ring gas hob/oven range, microwave, fridge, freezer, dish washer and washer/dryer. Dining – long farm house table with seating for 16. Lounge – Airy and well-appointed with ample comfy seating, log burner and SMART tv with Netflix.
- Cariad Suite (Welsh for Love) – Deluxe suite. Super King-sized bed (Zip & link, twin upon request). Private en suite wet room bathroom. Separate dressing room and seating area, SMART tv. Private Juliet balcony with stunning views across. (Sleeps 2).
- Heather Suite – First floor. 1 double (Zip & link, twin upon request), 3 singles, and sky light above the double bed perfect for cloud watching or star gazing. Seating area, SMART tv. Private en suite wet room bathroom. (Sleeps 5)
- Vista Suite – First floor. 1 Super King bed with custom over single bed, 2 single beds. Private en suite wet room bathroom. Seating area, SMART tv. (Sleeps 5)
- Isaf Suite – Ground floor. 1 Super King bed (Zip & link, twin upon request), 2 singles. Private en suite wet room bathroom. Seating area, SMART tv. (sleeps 4)
Barcud Balcony – Sleeps 5
You’ll experience an overwhelming sense of relaxation in Barcud Balcony. Accessed via a private balcony at the rear of the Barn, or via a lockable interconnecting door through Pumlumon lounge. Steps down to a private patio and picnic table with bench from the open plan living, dining, kitchen area.
First Floor – Kitchen – Contemporary Shaker style kitchen with electric oven and hob, extractor fan, dishwasher, under counter fridge and freezer. Dining – Large wooden farm house table and seating. Lounge – Gable window with stunning countryside views, comfy sofa’s and armchairs, coffee tables and TV with Netflix.
Family Shower Room – Ground Floor - Grohe shower, heated towel rail, an LED illuminated cabinet and toilet.
- Barcud Coch - Ground floor. Super King-sized bed (Zip & link, twin upon request). SMART tv and Netflix. Private access directly to the Welsh slate patio. Wheelchair accessible with ramp. (Sleeps 2)
- Barcud Gwyn – Ground Floor. SMART tv and Netflix. Single bed and sturdy custom-built bunk beds. Floor to ceiling windows with lovely views. (Sleeps 3)
Farm House – Sleeps 12
Tynrhyd Farm House offers old-world charm and new-world comfort. Rooms are inviting and homely with a country chic feel; it’s the perfect place to unwind.
Ground Floor – Kitchen – Honey coloured units with granite surfaces, Neff fan oven and grill, ceramic hob, microwave, large American fridge freezer, Bosch dishwasher. Dining Room – Long wooden farmhouse table and seating for 12. Lounge – Lavishly sized with a peaceful atmosphere, comfy sofa’s, wood burner with 100-year-old plinth, TV. Utility – accessed from dining room also doubles as boot room, washing machine, tumble dryer, walk in airing cupboard. Walk in wet room – just off utility room, shower, w.c, sink.
- Bedroom 1 – Ground Floor – Super King bed (Zip & link, twin upon request), French door leading to level path around the house. Wheelchair accessible with ramp. (Sleeps 2)
- Bedroom 2 – First floor. 1 Super King (Zip & link, twin upon request) and 1 single bed. (Sleeps 3)
- Bedroom 3 – First floor. Twin beds. (Sleeps 2)
- Bedroom 4 – First floor. Super King bed (Zip & link, twin upon request) . (sleeps 2)
- Bedroom 5 – First Floor. 1 Super King (Zip & link, twin upon request) and single bed. En suite toilet and wash basin. (Sleeps 3)
Family bathroom on the first floor with bath, toilet and sink.
Garden: Tynrhyd Retreat is set within its own private 13 acres of woodlands and fields and enjoys stunning views of the Cambrian Mountains. The 10-seater garden swim spa hot tub is elevated and perfectly positioned to make the most of the views, semi enclosed it’s even popular during winter. Enjoy al fresco dining in the numerous seating areas and complementary gas BBQ’s are available.
For the adventurous - Secure lock up for bicycles, washdown facilities, external shower with disabled access and large separate drying room.
Games Room – American billiards, table tennis and board games, ample seating for spectators, lovely country views.
Great Hall – Floor to ceiling windows, glazed roof and vaulted ceiling. Underfloor heating, tables and chairs for 50, 6 x 5 foot Wi-fi enabled drop down screen and piano.
Parking: Free, private onsite parking for 25 cars and 2 coaches.
Pets: Three dogs welcome free of charge, VIPooch Welcome Packs.
Heating: Biomass central heating, underfloor heating, wood burners.
Also provided: All bed linen, towels, tea cloths, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. Books and games. Hairdryers. Welcome Packs. Complimentary luxury guest Myddfai toiletries. Free Wi-Fi.
Nestled in a backdrop of winding lanes and sleepy villages hugged on all sides by the regal Cambrian Mountains, this beautiful area has much to offer visitors. With walking trails and biking routes from the doorstep there’s plenty to please your nature loving sensibilities. Whether you want a deli with artisan food or a homely country pub with roaring fires, it’s all within easy reach of Tynrhyd. Quirky craft makers, independent shops and farmers markets make shopping fun.
The local pub, The Hafod, is 1 mile away, as is the famous beauty spot Devil’s Bridge and the celebrated Vale of Rheidol Railway. The attractive market town of Aberystwyth is within 10 miles and offers a variety of shops, pubs, restaurants and beaches. Tynrhyd is an ideal base for sightseeing and exploring the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia National Park both an hour away.
This tranquil setting is central to many attractions – for culture buffs there’s the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth Arts Centre and Ceredigion Museum. If it’s nature you’re after the choice is vast - try Ynys-hir Nature Reserve (featured in Springwatch), Elan Valley International Dark Sky Park, Bwlch Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre and Ynyslas National Nature Reserve. For history lovers explore Strata Florida Abbey built in 1164 with the graves of Welsh Princes. Family attractions include Fantasy Farm Park, King Arthur’s Labyrinth and the Silver Mountain Experience. There’s plenty for your pooch too – Wildlife Trust of South & West Wales has 20 beautiful nature reserves in Ceredigion and dogs are allowed.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 50
- 15 Bedrooms
- 11 Bath/shower rooms
- 3 Pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Hot tub
- Open fire/woodburner
- Towels provided
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 3 miles away
- Coast: 10 miles away
- Nearest pub: 1 mile away
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...