- £6,236 per week
- £891 per night
- 38 Guests
- 10 Bedrooms
- 11 Bathrooms
- 3 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 12 king/super-king beds
- 21 single beds
- Bunk beds to sleep 5
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 11 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Wet room
- Family friendly
- Garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 10 miles
- Pub 1 mile
- Shop 3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Games room
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
For extended family holidays, friend’s get-together, girls getaway or a business group Tynrhyd Retreat offers the perfect solution for an exclusive stay in holiday homes for up to 50 guests. Large luxurious self-catering accommodation with a games room and vast hot tub, in a tranquil setting with woodland walks and 13 acres of private grounds.
Tynrhyd offers 15 bedrooms spread over 4 plush properties, with a wide choice of living spaces and bedroom configurations to suit your group, all in the heart of Hinterland country. Each has a fully equipped modern kitchen; spacious living and dining areas allowing large groups to gather, dine and socialise together, ideal for special celebrations.
The Barn acts as the central hub of the Estate with facilities for entertainment and special occasion events second to none. The spacious Great Hall with its vast windows brings the beauty of nature indoors. Vaulted ceilings and modern décor create a warm atmosphere, making it the perfect space to dine up to 50, host a celebration or convert into your private cinema. Keep adults and children alike entertained in the games room with American billiards and table tennis for friendly tournaments.
The Barn is divided into 3 spacious, open plan wings: Cambrian, Pumlumon and Barcud, which can be separate or interconnected and sleeps up to 38. The characterful and cosy renovated Farm House sleeps an additional 12.
We offer great mid-week deals and long weekends, ideal for a family retreat, intimate wedding or as a Retreat venue.
Awarded a Building Excellence Award and a Green Tourism Business Award, Tynrhyd Retreat is the perfect place year-round for all ages.
Cambrian House – sleeps 17
Shared access from the Great Hall; opens into a large open plan lounge, kitchen, dining area with beamed ceilings and quality craftsmanship in every detail. Cambrian House offers comfort you instantly feel at home in.
Ground Floor – Kitchen - commercial grade 6 ring gas hob/ oven range, microwave, fridge, freezer, dish washer and washer/dryer. Dining - long table, pew seating and chairs for 17. Lounge – beautiful views over patio and hills; three large sofas, easy chair, log burner, Smart TV and Netflix.
- Rheidol Suite – Ground floor. 1 Super King-sized bed and 1 custom over single bed. Disabled friendly, direct access out to the Welsh slate patio. Seating area, SMART tv. Private en suite wet room bathroom. (Sleeps 3)
- Rhos Suite – Ground floor. 1 Super King-sized bed, 1 custom over single bed and 1 separate single bed. Private en suite wet room bathroom. (Sleeps 4)
- Village Suite – First floor. 1 Super King sized, 3 single beds. Seating area, SMART tv. Private en suite has twin showers and sinks. (Sleeps 5)
- Penlan Suite – First floor. 1 Super King bed (can be split), 3 Singles. Seating area, SMART tv. Private en suite has twin showers and sinks. (Sleeps 5)
Pumlumon House – Sleeps 16
Pumlumon offers nonstop comfort. Shared entrance through the Great Hall, through to spacious open plan living, kitchen and dining area, with timber framed walls, beamed ceilings and access to the Welsh slate patio.
Ground Floor - Kitchen - Commercial grade 6 ring gas hob/oven range, microwave, fridge, freezer, dish washer and washer/dryer. Dining – long farm house table with seating for 16. Lounge – Airy and well-appointed with ample comfy seating, log burner and SMART tv with Netflix.
- Cariad Suite (Welsh for Love) – Deluxe suite. Super King-sized bed (Zip & link, twin upon request). Private en suite wet room bathroom. Separate dressing room and seating area, SMART tv. Private Juliet balcony with stunning views across. (Sleeps 2).
- Heather Suite – First floor. 1 double (Zip & link, twin upon request), 3 singles, and sky light above the double bed perfect for cloud watching or star gazing. Seating area, SMART tv. Private en suite wet room bathroom. (Sleeps 5)
- Vista Suite – First floor. 1 Super King bed with custom over single bed, 2 single beds. Private en suite wet room bathroom. Seating area, SMART tv. (Sleeps 5)
- Isaf Suite – Ground floor. 1 Super King bed (Zip & link, twin upon request), 2 singles. Private en suite wet room bathroom. Seating area, SMART tv. (sleeps 4)
Barcud Balcony – Sleeps 5
You’ll experience an overwhelming sense of relaxation in Barcud Balcony. Accessed via a private balcony at the rear of the Barn, or via a lockable interconnecting door through Pumlumon lounge. Steps down to a private patio and picnic table with bench from the open plan living, dining, kitchen area.
First Floor – Kitchen – Contemporary Shaker style kitchen with electric oven and hob, extractor fan, dishwasher, under counter fridge and freezer. Dining – Large wooden farm house table and seating. Lounge – Gable window with stunning countryside views, comfy sofa’s and armchairs, coffee tables and TV with Netflix.
Family Shower Room – Ground Floor - Grohe shower, heated towel rail, an LED illuminated cabinet and toilet.
- Barcud Coch - Ground floor. Super King-sized bed (Zip & link, twin upon request). SMART tv and Netflix. Private access directly to the Welsh slate patio. Wheelchair accessible with ramp. (Sleeps 2)
- Barcud Gwyn – Ground Floor. SMART tv and Netflix. Single bed and sturdy custom-built bunk beds. Floor to ceiling windows with lovely views. (Sleeps 3)
Garden: Tynrhyd Retreat is set within its own private 13 acres of woodlands and fields and enjoys stunning views of the Cambrian Mountains. The 10-seater garden swim spa hot tub is elevated and perfectly positioned to make the most of the views, semi enclosed it’s even popular during winter. Enjoy al fresco dining in the numerous seating areas and complementary gas BBQ’s are available.
For the adventurous - Secure lock up for bicycles, washdown facilities, external shower with disabled access and large separate drying room.
Games Room – American billiards, table tennis and board games, ample seating for spectators, lovely country views.
Great Hall – Floor to ceiling windows, glazed roof and vaulted ceiling. Underfloor heating, tables and chairs for 50, 6 x 5 foot Wi-fi enabled drop down screen and piano.
Parking: Free, private onsite parking for 25 cars and 2 coaches.
Pets: Three dogs welcome free of charge, VIPooch Welcome Packs.
Heating: Biomass central heating, underfloor heating, wood burners.
Also provided: All bed linen, towels, tea cloths, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. Books and games. Hairdryers. Welcome Packs. Complimentary luxury guest Myddfai toiletries. Free Wi-Fi.
Nestled in a backdrop of winding lanes and sleepy villages hugged on all sides by the regal Cambrian Mountains, this beautiful area has much to offer visitors. With walking trails and biking routes from the doorstep there’s plenty to please your nature loving sensibilities. Whether you want a deli with artisan food or a homely country pub with roaring fires, it’s all within easy reach of Tynrhyd. Quirky craft makers, independent shops and farmers markets make shopping fun.
The local pub, The Hafod, is 1 mile away, as is the famous beauty spot Devil’s Bridge and the celebrated Vale of Rheidol Railway. The attractive market town of Aberystwyth is within 10 miles and offers a variety of shops, pubs, restaurants and beaches. Tynrhyd is an ideal base for sightseeing and exploring the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia National Park both an hour away.
This tranquil setting is central to many attractions – for culture buffs there’s the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth Arts Centre and Ceredigion Museum. If it’s nature you’re after the choice is vast - try Ynys-hir Nature Reserve (featured in Springwatch), Elan Valley International Dark Sky Park, Bwlch Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre and Ynyslas National Nature Reserve. For history lovers explore Strata Florida Abbey built in 1164 with the graves of Welsh Princes. Family attractions include Fantasy Farm Park, King Arthur’s Labyrinth and the Silver Mountain Experience. There’s plenty for your pooch too – Wildlife Trust of South & West Wales has 20 beautiful nature reserves in Ceredigion and dogs are allowed.