Special Offers: 1-4 guests receive 15% off Sept & Oct
4 nights for the price of 3 - Sept & Oct
Melin Llyn is a large and luxurious holiday cottage. With its stylish, contemporary interior and beautiful furnishings, this old water mill is the perfect setting for a family or friends get together. Melin Llyn is located at the heart of the Llyn Peninsula, within its own enclosed garden in a tranquil location. From this wonderful accommodation Llyn Peninsula's long, golden sandy beaches are all within a few miles.
Kitchen - Bespoke painted oak kitchen with granite worktop, Belfast sink and TV. Includes a NEF integrated dishwasher, double oven and electric hob, fridge freezer, microwave, dualit toaster and kettle. Zinc and marble kitchen island and zinc table with contemporary chairs.
Lounge - Large room with a welcoming woodburner. Italian leather sofa, teal velvet sofa, contemporary red leather chair and a dark tan sumptuous leather chair. Designer cushions and throws. Original Indian cart coffee and bespoke oak refectory table with 10 oak chairs. All curtains and blinds made by hand. Chinese style sideboard and contemporary lighting. Retro style GPO sound centre. Large television with dvd player and sumptuous floor cushions.
Hall - Modern bench and high ceiling.
Shower room - Modern, rustic ground floor shower room with WC and shower.
Master bedroom - Luxurious king size bed with en suite shower room. Leather mirror, bespoke locally made stool, white luxury towels and toiletries.
Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron.
Aberdaron Bedroom - Antique style king size iron bed with designer throw and Welsh linen cushions. Industrial style leather chair and foot stool. Industrial style chest of drawers and mirror. Sheepskin rug.
Rhiw Bedroom - Two single beds with Welsh wool throws, welsh linen cushions and sheepskins. Teal drawers and modern clothes rail.
Bathroom - Bath with overhead shower, porthole mirror and luxury accessories.
Meillionydd Bedroom - Two single beds with Welsh wool throws and designer cushions. Sheepskin on floor and designer clothes rail.
Plas Newydd Bedroom - Luxury black velvet king size bed and ottoman, colonial style furnishings and antique style clothes rail. Designer cushions and bed throw and sheepskin rug.
Large enclosed garden with garden furniture and countryside views. Guests can sit around the fire pit and enjoy the wonderful surroundings.
- Guests will be welcomed by a selcection of local produce. Please let us know if your stay is a special occasion and we can make it even more memorable for you.
- Heating and electricity included
- Wifi available
- Basket of logs and skuttle of coal included in the price.
- Bed linen,hand and bath towels provided
- 5 hairdryers provided
- Travel cot and high chair available on request (please bring your own linen for the cot)
- No smoking inside the cottage
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs welcome @ £25 per dog
- Private off road parking for up to 5 cars
- Catering services and pampering by local beauty therapists can be arranged on request
- Guests of Melin Llyn are also eligible to a 10% discount at Cwt Tatws during their stay. Cwt Tatws is an unique shop with an eclectic range of stylish home accessories where you will also be welcomed by a cake and cuppa.
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Wales Cottage Holidays along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
At a Glance
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bath/shower rooms
- 2 Pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 4 miles away
- Coast: 3.7 miles away
- Nearest pub: 4 miles away
This beautiful, detached cottage enjoys a peaceful setting down a pretty country lane on the Llyn Peninsula. Less than 4 miles away, the seaside village of Aberdaron offers a range of amenities including cafes, 2 pub restaurants a thatched roof bakery and a convenience store. If you wish to eat out, both these pub restaurants (Ship and Ty Newydd) in Aberdaron, as well as the Ship in Edern (9 miles) are highly recommended. For a good local pub, the Lion in Tudweiliog (5.8 miles) is also very popular.
Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and Melin Llyn offers an ideal base to explore its network of footpaths and coastal walks around 84 miles of stunning coastline. The Llyn Peninsula, where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish, is renowned for its beautiful beaches and watersport whilst the majestic mountains of Snowdonia are also within a short travelling distance.
Boat trips are available from Porth Meudwy (5 miles) to Bardsey Island - once a site of religious pilgrimage, now a National Nature Reserve. There are numerous activities in the area including fishing, horse-riding, golf and Glasfryn Parc where you can enjoy go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc. Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and tea room with sea views is well worth a visit, whilst Ffestiniog Railway, castles and the Italian village of Portmeirion are all nearby.
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3.7 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 4.8 miles
- Towyn, Tudweiliog - a lovely, hidden beach that can be accessed via the coastal path. 5.8 miles
- View 10 of the most popular beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The nearest joining point is 2.2 miles from the cottage at Llanfaelrhys.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 14 miles from cottage.
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 10 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 10.5 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 10 miles
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 10.5 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 11 miles
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre, Pwllheli. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 5.8 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 10 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 12.6 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.
Overall a fabulous property in a beautiful location, so peaceful!Mrs Mel Wright - 13th June 2018
Ideal for a large family group.A Holliman - 9th June 2018
Gorgeous house - possibly our best self-catering property yet. Great property, very well equipped. Best of Wales staff particularly friendly and helpful.Sue from Hereford - 17th April 2018
Thank you so much for making an extra special weekend even more enjoyable. The mill is a real special find and we'd love to come back. - 16th April 2018
I've never got so much pleasure from the interior of a holiday cottage before - just as pleasing and fabulous as the view and local beaches. I love the cushions, rugs, curtains, blinds, bed throws and furniture! It's homely, elegant, quirky, special and interesting all at once. A real gem of a cottage! - 13th April 2018
Diolch o galon am gael aros yn y bwthyn bendigedig. Cawsom benwythnos gwych mewn ty o safon anhygoel. Rydym i gyd yn teimlo wedi ymlacio'n llwyr. - 2nd April 2018
Wedi cael dwy noson lyfli yn dathlu ein penblwyddi arbennig. Hen Felin yn fwthyn cartrefol a braf. - 2nd February 2018
Wedi cael penwythnos gwych yma yn dathlu penblwydd ffrind arbennig. Ty gwych, morethus mewn ardal braf iawn. Diolch Daloni. - 12th January 2018
Wedi treulio wythnos fendigedig yn Hen Felin. Popeth o'r safon uchaf. Chwaethus a chartrefol. Wrth ein boddau yma ac wedi ymlacio yn llwyr! - 5th January 2018
Relaxed and just what we needed.
The area is suited to all as everything ie walking beaches towns places of interest are nearby.Family from West Yorkshire - 2nd September 2017
Stunning place. Luxury home-from-home. Perfect location for an escape from day-to-day life with the family. Even though it was a typical winter weekend - weather-wise - the beaches were perfect for the family to play cricket and the dogs to run around. Abersoch and Aberdaron both had flat sands, so can only imagine they are perfect when it comes to a warm summers day!
Everything was great. Thank you Best of Wales and home owner!Stephanie from Shropshire - 14th February 2017
Amazing, fantastic. Lovely beach around, amazing place, very quiet, was perfect.Dariusz from Clevedon - 1st November 2016
A very comfortable house for our party of 9 + dog. It is very well equipped with stylish decor, large bbq and a fire pit in garden, surounded by countryside but not isolated, could go on for ever, great time had by all.
Recommendations: Car needed. Aberdaron well worth a visit, Morfa Nefyn very shelted, nice pub with food.Linda from Powys - 1st October 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Little Cook Box £10 off your first Little Cook Box Meal kit box – Big Tastes for Little Cooks!
We all know what it’s like, you arrive at your holiday home and then immediately need to go out and do the big shop. We’ve got it covered though, at...
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price