Desirably located in a private and peaceful setting yet just a short walk to Abersoch's renowned beaches, bars and restaurants, Rushmere is a fabulous place to join in the hustle and bustle of Abersoch life whilst allowing you to retreat and relax as you wish.
Mixing 1930's grandeur and original features with contemporary design and furniture, Rushmere offers style and character alongside a practical holiday home ideal for extended families and groups alike.
Furnished throughout to a high standard, the ground floor offers a spacious lounge and dining area with open fire, cosy in the winter when the nights draw in but cool in the summer on warm evenings. A well equipped kitchen makes a great space for a keen cook and a pretty conservatory offers a haven with lovely views over the rear lawn. A convenient family bathroom completes the ground floor.
The charming blend of antique pieces mixing harmoniously with a contemporary sea-side scheme continues upstairs, where 3 generously proportioned and elegantly presented bedrooms sleep 8 guests. The showcase shower room with exposed brickwork serves the first floor and makes showering a real treat.
Outside lies a practical courtyard with utility hut with washing machine and tumble dryer, drying and storage space and an outside tap ideal when coming straight off the beach. At the rear of Rushmere you will find an extensive well manicured garden with well stocked borders and trees giving privacy and lush colour. Rushmeres grounds are an excellent place for children to play games or in a quieter moment you can hear the golfers from Abersoch Golf Club ringing the bell at the 17th hole as they complete a round. Non- members are welcome to play or pop in and enjoy a drink at the proverbial 19th hole.
- living/dining room - a spacious yet cosy and soothing room with feature open fireplace, 3 co-ordinating sofas, flatscreen TV with DVD player, coffee tables, dining area with pine dining table, fixed corner seating, dining chairs and vintage dome pendant lighting, dual aspect windows with striking views across the rear terrace and lawn
- kitchen - stylish transitional kitchen mixing both traditional and modern furniture and design with wooden painted units and built-in dresser, electric range coooker with double oven and grill, dishwasher, larder-style fridge/freezer and modern pine breakfast table with coordinating chairs, door to front courtyard
- inner hallway with sideboard mirror, hanging space and original art
- wooden framed conservatory with a distinct 1930's curved roof, co-ordinating rattan sofa, armchair and coffee table; a perfect spot to enjoy light refreshments, devour your favourite book or simply keep an eye on the children playing in the garden, French doors leading onto the front terrace
- family bathroom with bath with shower over, wash hand basin, wc and shaver point
- traditional staircase naturally lit by an original elongated etched window
- bedroom 1 - boutique hotel styled master bedroom with sumptuous king size bed, freestanding painted wardrobe and chest of drawers, bed side tables with lamps, traditional wash hand basin, ocassional chair and selection of literature, dual apsect windows with views over the front garden
- landing area leading to
- bedroom 2 - elegant front king bedroom with modern king size bed with curved textured head board, built in wardrobes, tradtional wash hand basin, antique chest of drawers and antique occasional chair, wall mounted bed side lights, dual aspect windows, view over rear courtyard
- bedroom 3 - known to long standing guests at 'the dormitory', a spacious room with contemporary nautical design touches, 4 painted single beds, built in wardrobe, drawers and storage shelves, vanity unit with wash hand basin, bed side tables and lamps, occasional chair, fabulous uninterrupted views from the 2 windows across the front garden towards Bwlchtocyn
- showcase family shower room with exposed brickwork, large shower cubicle and electric shower, modern vanity shelving with counter top wash hand basin, heated towel rail and wc
- rear full width stone terrace with outdoor dining table and chairs and gas barbecue, 2 steps leading to
- large enclosed manicured lawned garden with well established trees,well stocked borders, pretty perennials, and an expanse of hydrangeas which give rich colour to the garden from spring through to late autumn
- parking for 2 cars at front of the house with additional parking available on extended drive at the side of the garden; a further paddock is available for boat/trailer storage by arrangement
- front courtyard with outdoor tap and drying area ideal for coming straight off the beach and courtyard hut with washing machine and dryer, storage for beach items
- highly desirable private and quiet location in central Abersoch, walking distance to the beach and all amenities
- large lawned enclosed garden
- bed linen, towels, tea towels, electricity and heating included
- wireless broadband included
- ample parking
- families only
- one pet welcome by arrangement at £50 per pet per week
- no smoking
At a Glance
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bath/shower rooms
- 1 Pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.2 mile away
- Coast: 0.4 mile away
- Nearest pub: 0.3 mile away
Great location in a lovely village. Very well equipped kitchen, great lounge space. Only a 5 minute walk to the beach if that. A great choice of food and drink nearby with lovely walks.Martin Slav - 16th February 2018
A beautiful house, close to the beach - ideal in summer.Mrs Caroline johnson - 8th January 2018
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...