Enjoy this stylish, pet-friendly self catering accommodation and all its beautiful, rural surroundings. From Crud y Werin holiday cottage Bala and Corwen are both within a 10 minute drive. To the south, the market town of Bala is the gateway to Snowdonia and is well known for its famous lake, watersports and popular tourist attractions. A short journey north brings you to Corwen, a championship go karting course, the canal town of Llangollen and much more. Beudy'r Cwm thus provides a perfect base whether you’re looking for a relaxing break or an action packed holiday.
Kitchen/Diner– this newly converted barn has retained many of its original beams and features. The kitchen/diner has slate flooring, light oak modern fitted kitchen units with a dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave and cooker.
Spacious, light and modern décor with dining table seating four and a further relaxed seating for reading or watching television.
Lounge – Two slate steps lead down to a separate cosy sitting room with a cream coloured sofa and two chairs. The room has solid oak flooring, traditional beams and deep window sills. It also benefits from plenty of lighting, a television, DVD player and a box of children’s toys.
Solid oak illuminated stairs lead to the first floor and two glass panels with oak hand rails on the balcony. The balcony is spacious and has solid oak flooring and doors. A reading chair and a small dressing table can be found adjacent to the twin bedroom.
Double bedroom - Three oak steps lead down to the main double bedroom. The room is light and airy with high sloping ceilings, traditional beams, two velux windows in the roof and one floor level window with safety catches. Solid oak flooring with antique dressing table, bedside cabinets and chair, TV and a modern double bed for total comfort. En-suite shower room featuring shower, basin, toilet and heated towel rail.
Twin bedrooom - The twin bedroom is again light and airy with a large window with safety catches and one velux window. The bedding is bright and cheerful and the room features traditional beams, solid oak flooring and doors, sloping ceilings, a wardrobe and bedside tables.
Bathroom - bath with shower fitting on the taps, a toilet and fitted cupboard with sink, heated towel rail and shaver point. The room is fully tiled throughout.
Crud y Werin holiday cottage Bala has an enclosed private garden with stunning views over the valley. Patio furniture, barbecue and a lawn area included.
- Crud y Werin is one of two semi-detached cottages and is next to Crud y Wennol which sleeps 2. This would, if required, provide accommodation for 6 guests in total.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided.
- Heating and electricity included.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer available in outside building (shared with cottage for 2 next door). £3 per hour wash and £3 per half hour dry.
- Dog welcome (ground floor only and not on furniture please) – 1 small dog at an additional charge of £25.
- Wi-fi provided but limited and only suitable for browsing
- Cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request.
- Parking spaces outside the cottage
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Wales Cottage Holidays along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead..
At a Glance
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bath/shower rooms
- 1 Pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Towels provided
- Cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 3 miles away
- Coast: 32 miles away
- Nearest pub: 3 miles away
Crud y Werin is located within easy distance of a range of attractions and a shop and garage can be found within 2 miles. A pub which welcomes pets can be found in Llandderfel 3 miles from the cottage and there are a number of excellent eating establishments all within ten miles.
5 miles south of your holiday cottage Bala is set in stunning mountain and lake scenery and at 4 miles in length, Bala Lake (Llyn Tegid) is the largest natural lake in Wales. Alongside the lake runs the Bala Lake Railway where narrow gauge steam trains allow visitors to enjoy a 9 mile return journey through Snowdonia National Park. Visitors can take part in swimming, fishing and kayaking and other water sports on the lake and walking and cycling around its perimeter. The town of Bala hosts a number of interesting shops and places to eat and Plas yn Dre, Bala Spice and Tyddyn Llan just outside the town can be particularly recommended. Mountain walks and golf are also available.
The Go Karting championship course in Cerrigydrudion (9 miles) is also worth a visit whilst Coed y Brenin Centre offers another great day out with its attractive visitor centre and restaurant, Go Ape and fifteen miles of marked cycle routes through the forest. Other towns worth visiting and within easy distance include the canal town of Llangollen - home of the International Music Festival and an impressive standard gauge heritage railway (14 miles), the medieval town of Ruthin (15 miles) and Betws y Coed, the main tourism hub of Snowdonia National Park (21 miles).
- The Old Railway line (1 mile) Caer Drewyn (2 miles) circular walks starting from Corwen. 5 miles from cottage.
- Other popular routes from Corwen include North Berwyn Way, Dee Valley Way and Clwydian Way. 5 miles from cottage.
- Amongst the numerous walks from your holiday cottage Bala offers a lovely, scenic route around its lake. 5 miles away
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 10 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 11 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 5 miles
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 11 miles
- Llandegla Mountain Biking Centre 15 miles
- Bala Lake – Canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, raft building and power boating etc. 5 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 11 miles
Bala Golf Club - A 10 hole golf course located 1000 feet above sea level thus enjoying spectacular views of the mountains and of the lake below. 5 miles
Bala lake (5 miles) has 14 species of fish and in addition fly-fishing for salmon and trout is available on the river Dee and river Treweryn.
Nearest beaches found in Fairbourne and Barmouth. 31 miles
It was very good value.D Clements - 5th November 2017
The owner was a lovely lady who was very warm and welcoming. The cottage was well looked after and felt comfortable and cosy with beautiful views out of the windows. The neighbours were also very friendly and it made us feel right at home. A visit to Betwys Y Coed is recommended. Conwy Falls is also a lovely waterfall to visit.Jackie - 2nd September 2017
Really lovely and comfortable. A great retreat from busy London with our 4 month old baby. We felt very much at home and the owner was lovely and friendly. Nothing to fault!
Recommends: Lovely walks.Family from London - 3rd May 2017
Everything was perfect. We were made to feel very welcome, the property was beautiful with everything we needed provided. Owner could not have been more helpful.
Llangollen was lovely, the river and canal walks were great for anyone taking a dog.Couple from Merseyside - 19th March 2017
We picked the property as a base for a visit to Snowdonia. It was a great property to come back to after days in the rain, snow and ice, with plenty of room to spread out. We enjoyed our walk to the summit of Snowdon but would recommend crampons if there's snow and/or ice. The Pyg track was rather treacherous without them. And if you can't face coming back down it, walk down the train track to Llanberis and get the bus back up the pass.Family from Worcestershire - 2nd May 2016
Great scenery, great accommodation, great break.
Don't miss a visit to PortmeironJacqui and Family - 20th January 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Little Cook Box £10 off your first Little Cook Box Meal kit box – Big Tastes for Little Cooks!
We all know what it’s like, you arrive at your holiday home and then immediately need to go out and do the big shop. We’ve got it covered though, at...
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price