- £761 per week
- £109 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- No Pets
- Private Parking
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 king/super-king beds
- 1 double bed
- 2 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Beach 27 miles
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
The ideal setting for a group or family get-together, Llety Llew Coch enjoys a unique position at the edge of Bala market town, within walking distance to the restaurants, cafes, shops and bars. Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake), the largest natural lake in Wales is also on the doorstep, as well as a traditional cinema and a steam train ride along the lake. A few miles further and you have a National White Water Centre, Zip World, Bounce Below and numerous other Snowdonia attractions.
Beautifully renovated barn with stunning features, a welcoming woodburner, under floor heating throughout ground floor and a private patio with views over a large open field. A countryside feel combined with the convenience of town. If you wish to bring more friends or family members, there is also another beautiful cottage for 4 called Stabal Llew Coch within the same, enclosed yard.
Kitchen 1 - Stunning, fully equipped kitchen with oak dining table and 8 chairs. Includes a microwave oven, single oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing/drying machine.
Main Living Area - Inviting corner sofa and two-seater sofa looking out across a large open field. Log burner, wall mounted TV and double patio doors leading directly on to the patio.
Kitchen 2 and Living Area 2 - This is a separate, open plan kitchen/living room. Kitchen includes a dishwasher, microwave, single oven, touch ceramic hob, large fridge freezer and washing machine. Living area offers a large, inviting sofa, wall mounted TV and dining table.
Bedroom 1 - Luxury king size oak bed and bedroom furniture along with a free sat TV on the wall.
Shower room - Modern shower room with rain shower, wash hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 - King size bed that can be split in to two x 2.6 single beds (please request bed arrangements when booking). Solid oak furniture and free sat TV.
Bedroom 3 - Large bedroom with painted oak king size bed, high ceiling and stunning oak beams. Painted oak bedroom furniture and free sat TV.
Bathroom 1 - Stylish grey bathroom with modern wash hand basin and toilet. Shower over bath and large heated towel rail.
Bedroom 4 - Beautiful double bedroom with TV, beams and oak bedroom furniture.
Bathroom 2 - Stylish modern grey bathroom with shower over bath, sink, toilet and heated towel rail, mirror with lights and shaving point.
Private patio area with garden furniture and flower bed, directly outside the main living area and accessed via double patio doors. Views across an open field and towards the Snowdonia hills on the horizon.
Charcoal barbecue set available - can be requested from the owners during your stay. £20 deposit, fully refundable if returned in same condition. Charcoal available in town.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk and Welsh cakes.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 4 hairdryers provided
- Central heating and electricity included. Under floor heating throughout ground floor.
- Initial basket of logs included on arrival. Additional logs available @ £5 per basket load
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Plenty of parking space on a flat surface outside the cottage
- The owners are available on site to help with any queries, provide local knowledge etc if required.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- WIFI available
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Wales Cottage Holidays along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- The following items are also provided...
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, washing powder/liquid, dishcloth, tea towels and tin foil.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- Please request bed type for bedroom 2 as king sized or twin when booking
Enjoy a wide range of amenities and attractions on the doorstep at Llety Llew Coch. Located within the privacy of an enclosed yard (that used to be the owners' family farm), the cottage is a stone's throw from Bala market town with its range of cafes, restaurants, shops and bars. With its own private corner within the yard, the cottage faces outward over an agricultural field and towards the hills of Snowdonia.
Bala is a lovely Welsh market town with a wide range of restaurants, cafes, shops and bars. There's even a quirky bottle shop and tap room where you can enjoy Welsh beers and bring your own food. Amongst the best places to eat (all within walking distance) are the White Lion Hotel, Y Plas Coch, Bistro Y Cyfnod, Plas yn Dre, Bala Spice and Y Cwrt. Also worth a short drive is Yr Eagles in Llanuwchllyn (5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy Restaurant (13 miles). Some of the best pubs in town include The White Lion, Y Plas Coch and Y Cwrt (all within a 5 minute walk).
Also on the doorstep is a traditional cinema, a Leisure Centre (fitness room, indoor swimming pool and slide) and Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) - the largest natural lake in Wales where you can enjoy a range of watersports such as canoeing, sailing and windsurfing. There is also a lakeside steam train that takes you from Bala to Llanuwchllyn and, 4 miles away, a National White Water Rafting Centre.
Other popular attractions in this beautiful area of Snowdonia includes high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles), Zip World, Bounce Below and Llechwedd Slate Caverns (18 miles) and Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre (23 miles). Portmeirion (25 miles), the beautiful beaches along the coast and castles such as Dolwyddelan and Harlech are all worth visiting as well, not to mention the other market towns in the area such as Dolgellau and Ruthin.
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 0.3 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 4 miles
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 0.3 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 4 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 0.3 miles
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 4 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 18 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 0.3 miles