Enjoy a holiday for two in Snowdonia at this beautifully renovated cottage in the market town of Bala. Restaurants, cafes, shops and bars are all within walking distance, as well as a traditional cinema and Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) with its range of watersports, circular path and steam train. Many other major attractions also within a short drive, including white water rafting, Zip World, Bounce Below, mountain biking and beautiful beaches.
Open plan kitchen/lounge with underfloor heating.
The kitchen features a dishwasher, microwave, single oven, touch ceramic hob, large fridge freezer and washing machine.
The lounge area includes a large, inviting sofa, wall mounted TV and also a dining table.
Beautiful double bedroom with TV, beams and oak bedroom furniture.
Stylish modern grey bathroom with shower over bath, seven shaped sink, toilet, heated towel rail, mirror with lights and shaving point.
Small patio area to front and rear of property. Table and 2 chairs for alfresco dining at the front.
Charcoal barbecue set available - can be requested from the owners during your stay. £20 deposit, fully refundable if returned in same condition. Charcoal available in town.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk and Welsh cakes
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Iron, ironing board and clothes airer provided
- Parking space on flat surface outside the cottage
- Owners available on site to help with any queries, provide local knowledge etc if required
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- WIFI available
- The following items are also provided...
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, washing powder/liquid, dishcloth, tea towels and tin foil
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bath/shower room
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.1 mile away
- Coast: 27 miles away
- Nearest pub: 0.1 mile away
Located within an enclosed yard on the outskirts of Bala market town, Côr Llew Coch offers a private setting with the benefits of being within walking distance to cafes, restaurants, shops and bars. Part of a stunning conversion of barns on what was previously the owners' family farm, you also have the option of bringing family or friends along to the two other 5 star cottages on site (sleeping 4 and 6).
The lovely Welsh market town of Bala offers a wide range of amenities, including a traditional cinema and a quirky bottle shop and tap room where you can enjoy Welsh beers. There is also a Leisure Centre with a fitness room, indoor swimming pool and slide. Amongst the best places to eat (all within walking distance) are the White Lion Hotel, Y Plas Coch, Bistro Y Cyfnod, Plas yn Dre, Bala Spice and Y Cwrt. Also worth a short drive is Yr Eagles in Llanuwchllyn (5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy Restaurant (13 miles). Some of the best pubs in town include The White Lion, Y Plas Coch and Y Cwrt (all within a 5 minute walk).
Bala is home to Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake), the largest natural lake in Wales, with a range of watersports such as canoeing, sailing and windsurfing. You can also enjoy a steam train ride along its shores, all the way to Llanuwchllyn and back, as well as a circular route that's suitable for walking and cycling. The National White Water Rafting Centre is also within 4 miles, whilst other activities nearby includes high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles), the famous Zip Wire and Bounce Below (18 miles) and Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre (23 miles).
Other popular days out around Snowdonia includes Llechwedd Slate Caverns (18 miles), Portmeirion (25 miles) and the beautiful beaches along the coast. There are also plenty of other market towns to explore, such as Dolgellau and Ruthin - not to mention the rewarding walks around Snowdonia National Park.
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 0.3 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 4 miles
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 0.3 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 4 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 0.3 miles from your Bala self catering cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 4 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 18 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 0.3 miles
We thought the property was brilliant - the owners have clearly put in a lot of thought and care into making it a welcoming holiday cottage. It really was the perfect place for a few days break. The booking process was very smooth and the property was perfect - everything you need for a few days away from home. Hannah from Kent - 5th December 2018
Really great place, lovely location and the place was very fresh and modern.Chris from London - 5th November 2018
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price