- £294 per week
- £42 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- No Pets
- Private Parking
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- Washing machine
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Beach 27 miles
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Welcome pack
Important - please note
- Check in: 15:00
- Check out: 10:00
Enjoy a holiday for two in Snowdonia at this beautifully renovated cottage in the market town of Bala. Restaurants, cafes, shops and bars are all within walking distance, as well as a traditional cinema and Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) with its range of watersports, circular path and steam train. Many other major attractions also within a short drive, including white water rafting, Zip World, Bounce Below, mountain biking and beautiful beaches.
Open plan kitchen/lounge with underfloor heating.
The kitchen features a dishwasher, microwave, single oven, touch ceramic hob, large fridge freezer and washing machine.
The lounge area includes a large, inviting sofa, wall mounted TV and also a dining table.
Beautiful double bedroom with TV, beams and oak bedroom furniture.
Stylish modern grey bathroom with shower over bath, seven shaped sink, toilet, heated towel rail, mirror with lights and shaving point.
Small patio area to front and rear of property. Table and 2 chairs for alfresco dining at the front.
Charcoal barbecue set available - can be requested from the owners during your stay. £20 deposit, fully refundable if returned in same condition. Charcoal available in town.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk and Welsh cakes
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Iron, ironing board and clothes airer provided
- Parking space on flat surface outside the cottage
- Owners available on site to help with any queries, provide local knowledge etc if required
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- WIFI available
- The following items are also provided...
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, washing powder/liquid, dishcloth, tea towels and tin foil
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
Fantastic property - presented to a very high standard. Lovely people who own the cottage - very welcoming and helpful. Will certainly be booking again.
Property was fantastic- really high standard and very comfortable to stay in.
Overall excellent service and hosts, the house was amazing and the location was awesome. Very cute town within driving distance to most of Snowdonia’s scenic spots.
We had a great stay in Best Of Wales's place. Everything was easy to arrange and the accommodation was delightful, lovely and cozy for two people. If you can get there in the winter, Lake Bala looks beautiful in the snow!
A beautiful cottage finished and styled to a very high standard. We were very impressed and really appreciated the warm welcome from Manon and Gareth. The location could not be better, just at the bottom of the high street but it feels like you are much more remote than that. The lake is just 5 mins walk away as well. I would highly recommend this cottage to anyone wanting a relaxing luxurious stay in a great location, we will definitely be coming back here! Thank you again Manon and Gareth
I loved everything about this cottage. Clean, cosy, beautifully furnished and great hosts, very attentive.
The cottage was even more lovely than we expected. It's so modern and stylish, just what we were hoping for. It's been a lovely weekend having some quiet, relaxing time. Will definitely be back with family or friends so that they can see how wonderful the place is too.
Me and my husband have had a lovely, relaxing, enjoyable stay. All the facilities are of impeccable standard. Although the weather was wet and windy, the scenic views definitely made up for it. Definitely a weekend to remember. The host have been very friendly and approachable. Thank you for the tasty Welsh Cakes. Have done a lovely job at the cottage.
We thought the property was brilliant - the owners have clearly put in a lot of thought and care into making it a welcoming holiday cottage. It really was the perfect place for a few days break. The booking process was very smooth and the property was perfect - everything you need for a few days away from home.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Côr Llew Coch. The cottage is beautiful and perfect for a stay in Bala. Manon was so welcoming and it is clear that a lot of time and thought has gone into the design of this cottage. We'd love to come back with family and have next door as well. Thank you.
Really great place, lovely location and the place was very fresh and modern.
Located within an enclosed yard on the outskirts of Bala market town, Côr Llew Coch offers a private setting with the benefits of being within walking distance to cafes, restaurants, shops and bars. Part of a stunning conversion of barns on what was previously the owners' family farm, you also have the option of bringing family or friends along to the two other 5 star cottages on site (sleeping 4 and 6).
The lovely Welsh market town of Bala offers a wide range of amenities, including a traditional cinema and a quirky bottle shop and tap room where you can enjoy Welsh beers. There is also a Leisure Centre with a fitness room, indoor swimming pool and slide. Amongst the best places to eat (all within walking distance) are the White Lion Hotel, Y Plas Coch, Bistro Y Cyfnod, Plas yn Dre, Bala Spice and Y Cwrt. Also worth a short drive is Yr Eagles in Llanuwchllyn (5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy Restaurant (13 miles). Some of the best pubs in town include The White Lion, Y Plas Coch and Y Cwrt (all within a 5 minute walk).
Bala is home to Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake), the largest natural lake in Wales, with a range of watersports such as canoeing, sailing and windsurfing. You can also enjoy a steam train ride along its shores, all the way to Llanuwchllyn and back, as well as a circular route that's suitable for walking and cycling. The National White Water Rafting Centre is also within 4 miles, whilst other activities nearby includes high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles), the famous Zip Wire and Bounce Below (18 miles) and Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre (23 miles).
Other popular days out around Snowdonia includes Llechwedd Slate Caverns (18 miles), Portmeirion (25 miles) and the beautiful beaches along the coast. There are also plenty of other market towns to explore, such as Dolgellau and Ruthin - not to mention the rewarding walks around Snowdonia National Park.
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 0.3 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 4 miles
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 0.3 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 4 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 0.3 miles from your Bala self catering cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 4 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 18 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 0.3 miles