- £700 per week
- £100 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Pets
- Private Parking
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
- Washing machine
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Beach 19 miles
- Pub 0.6 miles
- Shop 0.6 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
Historic cottage, set in a stunning rural location in the heart of Snowdonia, North Wales. Nestled at the foothill of Moel Siabod mountain with the Welsh Castle of Dolwyddelan standing proud on the hillside above. Near Betws y Coed, the cottage is also close to Zip World Safari, Zip World Titan and Bounce Below, numerous walks, bike trails, canoeing, underground mine tours, climbing, fishing, and much more. Alternatively, you can relax; try out the numerous award winning restaurants in the area and take in the laid back pace of Welsh country life.
Dol y Castell is a semi-detached, grade II listed building where John Jones, Talysarn was born; one of Wales’ most prominent Calvinist Methodist preachers (1796-1857). A marble monument in his honour is located at the drive to the cottage.
Situated across the main road (A470) is the historic castle of Llywelyn the Great built between 1210-1240. It is one of the few remaining Welsh built castles and can be visited daily between 9am - 6pm.
Fitted kitchen with an electric oven, dishwasher, fridge & freezer, washing machine and a large wine cooler.
The dinning room has a large table with 7 chairs in front of a multi fuel stove and garden views.
Through to the lounge and you have a room perfectly furnished for relaxing and soaking in the ambience of the house. It has a welcoming woodburner along with a large 3 seater leather sofa, 3 leather armchairs, a footstool and a wooden chair. Smart TV and DVD player, small library of books, maps and games.
There are 3 bedrooms upstairs, the largest consisting of a king size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and en suite facilities. The en suite consists of a shower, toilet and washbasin.
The second has a double oak bed and features similar furniture to the master bedroom above.
Bedroom number three has a king size bed and a single bed.
The large bathroom has a bath and separate shower, toilet, washbasin and heated towel rail. It also has amazing countryside views.
Use of the extensive wooded garden is exclusive to Dol y Castell guests. The holiday cottage next door has another separate garden at the far end of the grounds. Al fresco meals & drinks can be enjoyed at the garden table and chairs. From the garden unique views up towards the castle are accompanied by the relaxing flow of water from the nearby stream.
- Welcome pack provided for stays of 7 nights or more. Includes Welsh cakes, coffee and tea, sugar and milk.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer included
- Central heating and electricity included. Dol y Castell benefits from 2 multi fuel burning stoves (wood and coal) - one in the Dining room and the other in the Lounge. Fuel can be purchased in the village shop.
- Internet access included (please bring your own laptop)
- Highchair and 2 cots available upon request. Please bring your own cot bedding with you.
- Pet friendly - maximum of 2 for a small additional fee of £20 per pet.
- No smoking inside please.
- Free parking
- There is a pub (Gwydr) and hotel (Ellen's Cottage) in Dolwyddelan, both of which serve food. 4 miles east is Betws y Coed, which has a veritable selection of eateries, shops and walks.
- Bus and a very scenic train (station opposite primary school) depart from the village to Betws y Coed daily.