In a stunning position, with views both across to the sea and the mountains, Ty Eiddew was the original farmhouse on this working farm near Llanfaglan, 2 miles from Caernarfon. This property is in a great location, with easy access to the beaches of the Lleyn Peninsula and the mountains and attractions of the Snowdonia National Park. This peaceful location has walking from the door, through the owners' land, to a pebble beach with views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey and down to Caernarfon. Here you can find all the facilities of a small town such as supermarkets, cafes and pubs, plus some lovely shops selling local products, great restaurants, the Welsh Highland Railway and of course the world famous castle. In the other direction is the Blue Flag award beach and small airport with pleasure flights and a museum at Dinas Dinlle, 5 miles, and the delightful park, craft centre and cafe at Glynllifon. The award winning Fron Goch Garden Centre and Cafe are situated just one mile away and Zip World Velocity at Bethesda is a half hour drive.
The Cottage: is a traditional Welsh farmhouse which retains some lovely original features. The owners live a short distance away and are on hand for a warm welcome and any advice needed. Also enjoy the lovely welcome goodies they provide on arrival. Oil central heating. Mobile signal and 4G but no WiFi.
The Sitting Room: this homely room has a beamed ceiling and large fireplace with original range and open fire (logs provided), also Freesat TV and DVD player.
The Kitchen Diner: has a traditional feel, the original range is in place (non-working) and there is the original quarry tiled floor. The fitted kitchen has an electric hob and oven, fridge with freezer compartment and a washer/dryer. There are great sea views from the dining area.
There are three simply furnished bedrooms.
Bedroom 1: a spacious first floor double
Bedroom 2: a first floor twin.
Bedroom 3: is a ground floor single room.
Bathroom: ground floor bathroom with shower cubicle, Wc and basin.
Outside: is an enclosed garden with garden furniture and a barbecue, all set within 52 acres of rural grazing land. Plenty of private parking.
Ty Eiddew is one of a group of three cottages, which can be booked together to sleep up to 14 people. Please see Y Fron Cottages for details.
Electricity and central heating included
2 dogs allowed
Bed linen and towels provided
At a Glance
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- 2 Pets allowed
- WiFi unavailable
- Open fire/woodburner
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- Smoking allowed
- Enclosed garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 2 miles away
- Coast: 0.5 mile away
- Nearest pub: 2 miles away
The walled town of Caernarfon is one of the most popular places to visit in Wales. Here are Jacky’s top 7 things to see and do whilst on your holiday in the area:
- Top of the list has to be to visit the majestic Caernarfon Castle. Open all year, great for all the family and with an interesting Welsh Fusiliers museum.
- Take a stroll, or bike ride from the castle, along the walls and past the marina (bike hire available in the town). Enjoy stunning views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey. If feeling energetic, the cycle way continues to the pretty seaside village of Port Dinorwic (Felinheli). Alternatively take it easy and wander back to the many independent shops and cafés in Caernarfon.
- The Welsh Highland Railway starts in the town and makes its journey, passing underneath Snowdon, through the mountains to Porthmadog. Beddgelert is a pretty village on en route where you can take a riverside walk, or enjoy a swim! Visit the famous Gelert’s Grave or National Trust shop and sample the very popular Glaslyn ice creams.
- For the kids there’s a great outdoor play area and skate park just across the river in Caernarfon. If the weather is not up to scratch there’s an indoor play centre for children and adults, if you dare… I haven’t managed the steepest slide yet! There’s a leisure centre with swimming pool, and on the outskirts of town, Gypsy Wood Activity Park.
- My favourite place to eat is the Black Boy Inn, good welsh pub food in a busy, lively atmosphere. Alternatively, during the day, Fron Goch Garden Centre’s award winning restaurant serving home cooked food and cakes is a few miles walk/cycle along the Welsh Highland Railway (Sunday lunch here not to be missed).
- The Foryd Nature Reserve runs along the tidal estuary from Caernarfon, enjoying great views of Caernarfon Castle and the Llŷn Peninsula. Whilst there, visit the tiny church at Llanfaglan, romantically positioned overlooking Caernarfon Bay.
- Discover the Roman Fort of Segontium on the outskirts of Caernarfon. Built to defend the Roman empire against rebellious tribes, the fort survived until the end of the Roman occupation of Britain, no other fort in Wales was held for so long.
The location and views from this cottage are exceptional.Mrs Angela Prior - 10th April 2017
This is a fantastic cottage away from everything, lovely place to relax and recharge your batteries.Mrs Dawn Keight - 8th January 2017
It is a very peaceful and picturesque part of Wales. There are lots of places to visit within arriving and plenty of walks from the doorstep. The owners were very friendly and obliging.Mrs Ward - 1st November 2016
very good cottages, very peaceful lovely viewsMr Orford - 20th September 2016
The location of this property is outstanding. Views excellent and ease of getting to other locations in the area good. Excellent property.Dr Betts - 5th September 2016
Absolutely beautiful location and wonderful enclosed garden suitable for young children.Mrs Souroup - 18th August 2016
A lovely property in an excellent location, love it exactly as it is.Mrs Prior - 2nd November 2015
The fact that we have stayed at G262 for so many years must tell you we like it! Excellent hosts (now friends). Beautiful and comfortable.Mrs Powell - 21st October 2015
If you like good views and a convenient location it's great. Good Hosts. We like it very much. We have been there quite a few years now and have booked for 2016.Mr Larson - 6th October 2015
Fabulous viewsMr McDougall - 21st September 2015
Another fabulous holiday at one of the Thomas's cottagesMrs Harding-Quinn - 16th September 2015
A superb out of the way location, but not far from local amenities. The owners were very friendly and helpful and I would thoroughly recommend this property.Ms Hanney - 1st September 2015
Beautiful homely cottage, if the weather had been good to us it would have been a very good holiday let. The owners Mr & Mrs Thompson lovely. Helpful and friendly people.Mrs Leeman - 25th May 2015
Very friendly, approachable and helpful owners.Mr Mantle - 23rd February 2015
What a beautiful cottage. The views are amazing and it's doggy heaven. The log fire was wonderful. Only a short drive to Tesco, Asda and Morrisons. The owners were very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be going back. The only downside was the bathroom is downstairs but there is a single bedroom downstairs too. If you want contemporary then this cottage is not for you. But if you want amazing views with an olde worlde cottage and like cows ( they will be your neighbour ) then this is the place to go. My 2 dogs thought they were in heaven.Mrs Driscoll - 15th January 2015
The cottage was lovely and the owners were very welcoming, on the whole a very relaxing week and will definitely be going back.Mrs Mills - 23rd September 2014
Most beautiful sited accommodation we have ever stayed in and so peaceful. Very relaxing and lovely hosts.Mrs Lambourne - 9th September 2014
Great little holiday cottage. The owners were brilliant and kept us well supplied with wood for the log fire in the living room. The views were spectacular and we were in easy reach of the mountains, beaches and shops.Mr Hopkins - 26th August 2014
We absolutely loved our stay at Ty Eiddew. Very friendly owner, full of good advice, great for children, as they are allowed to help the farmer, play in the hay,... The cottage was very cosy and we loved having the cows just on the other side of the garden wall. There was a lovely tea cake waiting for us at arrival, courtesy of Mrs. Thomas, and the area is just an amazing place to discover, ideally located for visits to Anglesey and Snowdonia.Mrs Ebrey - 16th July 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Little Cook Box £10 off your first Little Cook Box Meal kit box – Big Tastes for Little Cooks!
We all know what it’s like, you arrive at your holiday home and then immediately need to go out and do the big shop. We’ve got it covered though, at...
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price