The Granary is an interesting conversion of a former granary building, on working farm, situated in a superb rural location with glorious views over Caernarfon Bay and towards the Lleyn Peninsula. 3 miles to Caernarfon, 5 miles to the Snowdonia National Park. Walks can be taken from the door, accessing 52 acres of the owners' land, down to the pebble shore of the Foryd Bay, which leads to Caernarfon. Here you can find all the facilities of a small town, with a lovely harbour, walks around the town walls, an arts centre and, of course, the historic Caernarfon Castle. The Blue Flag Award beach at Dinas Dinlle is approximately 5 miles away. Parc Glynllifon, with its wonderful parkland walks, cafe and crafts centre is 3 miles away and an award-winning garden centre and cafe, serving superb homemade food and selling local produce is about 1.5 miles away. For adventure lovers, Zip World Velocity is 30 minutes' drive.
The Cottage: with slate and pitch pine floors, exposed stone walls and sloping beamed ceilings, this cottage has a unique character. Oil central heating. The owners live a short distance away and are on hand for a warm welcome and any advice needed. Also enjoy the lovely welcome goodies they provide on arrival. Oil central heating. Mobile signal and 4G but no WiFi.
Entrance: is into a hallway with slate floors with stairs leading up to the bunk room.
The Sitting Dining Room: is furnished in a simple traditional manner and has an electric wood effect stove, Freesat TV and DVD and a wooden table and chairs.
The Kitchen: is neat and functional with a fitted kitchen, electric hob, washer/dryer and microwave.
There are two bedrooms, a ground floor double, and upstairs, open to the staircase, an interesting beamed bedroom with bunk beds.
Bedroom 1: is the ground floor double with traditional furniture and characterful exposed stone walls.
Bedroom 2: is the bunk room also with exposed stone walls
Bathroom: is adjacent to the ground floor bedroom and has a bath and shower cubicle, heated towel rail, WC and basin.
Outside: set to one side of the house is the raised garden area, with garden furniture and a small barbecue there are stunning sea and mountain views from here. Plenty of private parking.
The Granary is one of a group of three cottages nearby, which can be booked together to sleep up to 14 people. Please see Y Fron Cottages for details.
Electricity and central heating included
2 Dogs allowed
Bed linen and towels provided
Travel cot and high chair available by arrangement
At a Glance
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- 2 Pets allowed
- WiFi unavailable
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- Smoking allowed
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 2 miles away
- Coast: 0.5 mile away
- Nearest pub: 2 miles away
The walled town of Caernarfon is one of the most popular places to visit in Wales. Here are Jacky’s top 7 things to see and do whilst on your holiday in the area:
- Top of the list has to be to visit the majestic Caernarfon Castle. Open all year, great for all the family and with an interesting Welsh Fusiliers museum.
- Take a stroll, or bike ride from the castle, along the walls and past the marina (bike hire available in the town). Enjoy stunning views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey. If feeling energetic, the cycle way continues to the pretty seaside village of Port Dinorwic (Felinheli). Alternatively take it easy and wander back to the many independent shops and cafés in Caernarfon.
- The Welsh Highland Railway starts in the town and makes its journey, passing underneath Snowdon, through the mountains to Porthmadog. Beddgelert is a pretty village on en route where you can take a riverside walk, or enjoy a swim! Visit the famous Gelert’s Grave or National Trust shop and sample the very popular Glaslyn ice creams.
- For the kids there’s a great outdoor play area and skate park just across the river in Caernarfon. If the weather is not up to scratch there’s an indoor play centre for children and adults, if you dare… I haven’t managed the steepest slide yet! There’s a leisure centre with swimming pool, and on the outskirts of town, Gypsy Wood Activity Park.
- My favourite place to eat is the Black Boy Inn, good welsh pub food in a busy, lively atmosphere. Alternatively, during the day, Fron Goch Garden Centre’s award winning restaurant serving home cooked food and cakes is a few miles walk/cycle along the Welsh Highland Railway (Sunday lunch here not to be missed).
- The Foryd Nature Reserve runs along the tidal estuary from Caernarfon, enjoying great views of Caernarfon Castle and the Llŷn Peninsula. Whilst there, visit the tiny church at Llanfaglan, romantically positioned overlooking Caernarfon Bay.
- Discover the Roman Fort of Segontium on the outskirts of Caernarfon. Built to defend the Roman empire against rebellious tribes, the fort survived until the end of the Roman occupation of Britain, no other fort in Wales was held for so long.
This is a fantastic property if you feel like relaxing off the beaten track. Stayed here at the end of a hectic 5 week holiday around south England and Paris. All we wanted was somewhere cozy to sleep in and not have to rush here, there and everywhere, and that’s exactly what we got with this property. Louis and Sally are fantastic hosts, they went through all the ins and outs with the property and also let us know about of few things to see and do around CaernarfonLauren Hodder - 13th October 2018
A lovely property and we have enjoyed our stay Mr Andre Erlah - 3rd September 2018
The cottage was lovely, the owners incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. In some ways it was under sold - they provided more than indicated.Mrs Sarah Stepney - 23rd April 2018
This is a fantastic cottage situated close to all the North Wales attractions, friendly and helpful owner. Highly recommended.Mr G Davison - 20th May 2017
Really good place to stay. The family owners were very welcoming, showed us round the property and grounds when we arrived and told us everything we needed to know. Would definitely stay there again.Mr Schofield - 18th October 2016
Mr Thomas our host was wonderful and very helpful.Mr Mccrory - 15th April 2016
This is a fantastic place. Away from the hustle and bustle. Lovely and peaceful. With fantastic views. Very welcoming owners, who couldn't do enough for us.Mrs Keight - 4th January 2016
The owners were very welcoming and knowledgeable about the local area.Mr Showers - 31st August 2015
Would recommend this cottage. Very cosy with everything you need supplied and lovely views from garden. Location very central for visiting beaches castles and mountains. Hope to go back soon.Mrs Coombs - 30th June 2015
Super location and will return to the cottage for our next holiday to North Wales next year.Mr Jepson - 23rd June 2015
Very original cottage conversion, with picturesque view, with all possible attractions within driving distance. Venue well maintained and equipped, nothing else we could have asked for.Mrs Odzimek - 30th July 2014
Second stay at the the Granary, it's a great location, peaceful and quiet, the owners are really helpful. I really can't fault it at all. A second very enjoyable holiday there.Dr Betts - 21st January 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...