Nestled within the historic town walls of Caernarfon, Ty Nain is a stone mid-terrace property, built in the C18, on a bustling pedestrian street of character, with lively pubs, restaurants, shops and cafes close by. This good value cottage is just a stroll away from the magnificent Caernarfon Castle, the Welsh Highland Railway, the beautiful Y Foryd nature reserve and the Doc area with walks and views over the Menai Straits to Anglesey.
'Walk or cycle in either direction along the coast from the cottage. Y Foryd is a unique nature reserve which also has a brilliant children's play area and skate park. In the other direction you can stroll to the docks and beyond, alongside the town walls' - from Jacky, our local property manager
The Cottage: is furnished in a traditional homely style, this cottage is in a unique location within the town. Gas central heating. Parking (pay and display) at nearby public car parks.
Sitting Room: has comfortable seating and full Sky TV package/DVD and WiFi.
Kitchen Diner: has a simple fitted kitchen and is very well equipped for self-catering. There is a gas hob, electric oven, extractor fan, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher. A small folding table and chairs is to one side.
On the first floor are two bedrooms and the family shower room
Bedroom 1: has a double bed and fitted wardrobe.
Bedroom 2: has a double bed and 2’6” bunk beds.
Bathroom: the smart, modern tiled bathroom has a shower over the bath, a wash hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Outside: is a small back yard where bikes could be stored
This unusual property is in a great position to enjoy the historic town of Caernarfon, you are within a few minutes' walk of the famous castle, harbour, arts centre and quaint streets with shops selling local produce and crafts. The Welsh Highland Railway to Porthmadog starts here along with the Lon Eifion traffic free cycle way (local bike hire available). Walks and tours can be taken around the town, with visits to the Roman fort at Segontium and along the coastline with views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey. Boat trips can be taken during the summer. Caernarfon also has a soft play centre and a leisure centre with a pool and indoor tennis courts. The Snowdonia National Park is a short drive away; Llanberis, from where you can walk or get the train up Snowdon, 8 miles, the Blue Flag award winning beach at Dinas Dinlle, 7 miles, and Anglesey 8 miles away.
Electricity and heating included
Bed linen provided
Travel cot and high chair available
Max 4 adults
Please note: This property does not accept bookings over Bank holidays.
Our guests love coming to this cottage because of its close proximity to Caernarfon's town centre, pubs and restaurants. Please bear this in mind if you prefer a quieter location at night.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop: 0.1 mile away
- Coast: 0.1 mile away
- Nearest pub: 0.1 mile away
The walled town of Caernarfon is one of the most popular places to visit in Wales. Here are Jacky’s top 7 things to see and do whilst on your holiday in the area:
- Top of the list has to be to visit the majestic Caernarfon Castle. Open all year, great for all the family and with an interesting Welsh Fusiliers museum.
- Take a stroll, or bike ride from the castle, along the walls and past the marina (bike hire available in the town). Enjoy stunning views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey. If feeling energetic, the cycle way continues to the pretty seaside village of Port Dinorwic (Felinheli). Alternatively take it easy and wander back to the many independent shops and cafés in Caernarfon.
- The Welsh Highland Railway starts in the town and makes its journey, passing underneath Snowdon, through the mountains to Porthmadog. Beddgelert is a pretty village on en route where you can take a riverside walk, or enjoy a swim! Visit the famous Gelert’s Grave or National Trust shop and sample the very popular Glaslyn ice creams.
- For the kids there’s a great outdoor play area and skate park just across the river in Caernarfon. If the weather is not up to scratch there’s an indoor play centre for children and adults, if you dare… I haven’t managed the steepest slide yet! There’s a leisure centre with swimming pool, and on the outskirts of town, Gypsy Wood Activity Park.
- My favourite place to eat is the Black Boy Inn, good welsh pub food in a busy, lively atmosphere. Alternatively, during the day, Fron Goch Garden Centre’s award winning restaurant serving home cooked food and cakes is a few miles walk/cycle along the Welsh Highland Railway (Sunday lunch here not to be missed).
- The Foryd Nature Reserve runs along the tidal estuary from Caernarfon, enjoying great views of Caernarfon Castle and the Llŷn Peninsula. Whilst there, visit the tiny church at Llanfaglan, romantically positioned overlooking Caernarfon Bay.
- Discover the Roman Fort of Segontium on the outskirts of Caernarfon. Built to defend the Roman empire against rebellious tribes, the fort survived until the end of the Roman occupation of Britain, no other fort in Wales was held for so long.
Very friendly helpful host. Cosy cottage with a perfect location. It was a lovely gesture to leave a welcome package. Ann O'Connor - 30th October 2018
A lovely quaint terraced house, right the middle of a historic town. It had everything we needed & more. Mr Philip Griffiths - 7th May 2018
Lovely bathroom,obviously fairly new. Warm and cosy cottage. Good welcoming pack of food, fruit and milk.mrs Sandra Washbrook - 22nd November 2017
Very close to the town centre and plenty of parking close by. Handy for shops, pubs and restaurants. A lovely cosy cottageMrs Marian Bamber - 28th September 2017
Ideal location for town. Owner very friendly and helpful. When arriving fruit, bread, butter and milk provided. Tea and coffee plus other basic provisions in cupboards. Near to some excellent restaurants. There is some noise but this is only to expected when you are so close to restaurants, it did not spoil our enjoyment of the holiday. We would book this accommodation again if wanted to stay in the area.Mrs Dawn Jones - 11th September 2017
Fantastic will definately book again. Loved it and more.Mrs Blair - 13th June 2016
Right in the older part of town so very easy for amenities. Restaurants nearby are excellent.Mrs Haynes - 23rd September 2015
Excellent service throughout. Wales Cottage Holidays were fantastic and the property was fantastic. The owners of the property we stayed in were lovely.Miss Boddison - 30th December 2014
This property is a good place to stay if you have no car, as bus station just around the corner with good bus services to most of the major attractions in the area.Mrs Lipman - 24th September 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...