Bwthyn is one of three delightful stone cottages set around a courtyard, in a peaceful location, surrounded by fields, yet only 2 miles from the magnificent castle at Caernarfon and 7 miles to a Blue Flag awarded beach at Dinas Dinlle. Easy access to the Snowdonia National Park, and Llanberis for train or walks up Snowdon, 6.5 miles.
The cottage: is all on one level with an open plan living room and kitchen, tastefully furnished and decorated throughout. The owner, who lives close by, keeps the cottage in lovely condition and is on hand for any help or advice you may need. Heating is by night storage heaters and the wood burning stove. Plentiful private parking.
Living room: with wooden floors throughout, this smart and comfortable area has a large stone fireplace with a wood burning stove (initial logs supplied). A leather sofa and easy chair for relaxing in front of the fire, Freeview TV/DVD/WiFi, Xbox and iPod dock. Wooden table and chairs.
Kitchen: the fitted kitchen is spacious, light and airy. Includes a dishwasher, washer/dryer, electric cooker and microwave.
There are two bedrooms
Double room: has wooden floors and coordinating wooden furniture. The room has quality soft furnishings and a pleasing decor.
Single room: has wooden floors and furniture, and a lovely cosy feel.
Bathroom: has a bath with shower over, WC and basin.
Outside: Bwthyn is in a graveled courtyard setting with plenty of private parking and a small terrace to the front, with garden furniture, that catches the late afternoon sun. There is also a shared children’s play area on site.
This area has much to offer the visitor with easy access to both beaches and the mountains of Snowdonia. For young children you are very close to Gypsy Wood Activity Park (seasonal) whilst for the whole family the Welsh Highland Railway and Caernarfon castle are a must. From a practical point of view the nearest local shop is less than a mile away with a pub serving food within two miles.
Bwthyn can be booked with one or two of the other cottages at this location to accommodate groups of up to 13 people. Please see Rhyddallt Ganol Cottages for full details.
Electricity and storage heating included
Bed linen and towels provided
Travel cot and high chair available by arrangement
No smoking inside please.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 3
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- 1 Pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.75 mile away
- Coast: 8 miles away
- Nearest pub: 1 mile away
The walled town of Caernarfon is one of the most popular places to visit in Wales. Here are Jacky’s top 7 things to see and do whilst on your holiday in the area:
- Top of the list has to be to visit the majestic Caernarfon Castle. Open all year, great for all the family and with an interesting Welsh Fusiliers museum.
- Take a stroll, or bike ride from the castle, along the walls and past the marina (bike hire available in the town). Enjoy stunning views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey. If feeling energetic, the cycle way continues to the pretty seaside village of Port Dinorwic (Felinheli). Alternatively take it easy and wander back to the many independent shops and cafés in Caernarfon.
- The Welsh Highland Railway starts in the town and makes its journey, passing underneath Snowdon, through the mountains to Porthmadog. Beddgelert is a pretty village on en route where you can take a riverside walk, or enjoy a swim! Visit the famous Gelert’s Grave or National Trust shop and sample the very popular Glaslyn ice creams.
- For the kids there’s a great outdoor play area and skate park just across the river in Caernarfon. If the weather is not up to scratch there’s an indoor play centre for children and adults, if you dare… I haven’t managed the steepest slide yet! There’s a leisure centre with swimming pool, and on the outskirts of town, Gypsy Wood Activity Park.
- My favourite place to eat is the Black Boy Inn, good welsh pub food in a busy, lively atmosphere. Alternatively, during the day, Fron Goch Garden Centre’s award winning restaurant serving home cooked food and cakes is a few miles walk/cycle along the Welsh Highland Railway (Sunday lunch here not to be missed).
- The Foryd Nature Reserve runs along the tidal estuary from Caernarfon, enjoying great views of Caernarfon Castle and the Llŷn Peninsula. Whilst there, visit the tiny church at Llanfaglan, romantically positioned overlooking Caernarfon Bay.
- Discover the Roman Fort of Segontium on the outskirts of Caernarfon. Built to defend the Roman empire against rebellious tribes, the fort survived until the end of the Roman occupation of Britain, no other fort in Wales was held for so long.
Perfectly clean, quiet, kitted out with everything you need, friendly owners. Mr Ian Dixon - 25th September 2018
We had a lovely stay here and had everything in it that we needed for our stay.Miss Alison Lightfoot - 20th August 2018
A beautiful little property set in a quiet location near to lots of activities Snowdon has to offer. Clean and well equipped with comfortable beds and relaxing bath. We enjoyed lighting the log fire. As for the local area, highly recommend bounce below and the Sea wake puffin island high speed boat ride. We climbed Snowdon on a beautiful sunny day. Amazing holiday from beginning to end.Mrs Alison Pryor - 5th June 2018
Excellent property in a lovely quite location but not far from all amenities, also well located for visiting all areas of Snowdonia, beaches and historical towns and wonderful castles.Mr S Sheffield - 7th May 2018
Holiday Property was well placed for Castle, Steam Railways,and close to places of interest.Mrs Rita Coop - 24th July 2017
Easy access to the many attractions. Mrs Susan Searing - 27th June 2017
Really nice, well equipped cottage in a good location. A log burner in the property is a great selling point and gives it a very comfortable feel. Home from home.Mr D Fletcher - 15th April 2017
Lovely cottage, with a very friendly 'landlady'. We enjoyed out stay very much.Dr Harvey - 6th June 2016
Would certainly recommend this cottage.Mr K Rhodes - 9th May 2016
It was absolutely beautiful, clean and cosy. Lovely character but modern style which was the best. Owner was friendly & caring. Area was perfect. Weather was great! Beautiful views.Miss Mcdonnell - 16th April 2016
Fantastic property ideally located for exploring North Wales. Hope to be back soon.Miss Rutter - 26th March 2016
A beautiful stone cottage with character fireplace and all modern amenities, in a delightful setting very near Caernarfon and not that far from Snowdon and surrounding areas, a great location.Mrs Dunn - 23rd November 2015
A very good cottage in a nice area the owners made you feel welcomeMr Watson - 28th September 2015
My favourite thing about our recent holiday was walking up in the morning, opening the curtains and watching the sheep for ten minutes. Wonderful. Definitely going back. It was totally wonderful. The log fire is a lovely touch. The best equip property I've seen for a while.Ms Harper - 27th July 2015
Warm welcome. Lovely base for coast and mountains. Very quiet location to sleep at night. A nice south facing patio for early evening cocktails after a hard walk.Mr Tomlinson - 21st July 2015
Superb property, very helpful and friendly owner. Great location near beaches and mountains. Will definitely recommend.Mrs Stanford - 6th July 2015
Very pleasant and comfortable. Good location, great rural setting with good views of mountains but in easy reach of town and amenities.Mr Hannaford - 25th August 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...