Ysgubor is one of three stone cottages, in a lovely setting, with views over pasture land to the famous castle 2 miles away at Caernarfon. Many of the attractions of Snowdonia are within easy driving distance, Llanberis 6.5 miles and the Blue Flag award beach at Dinas Dinlle 7 miles.
Thie Cottage: adjoins Beudy (WAG386) and combined could sleep 10. The owner who lives close by keeps the cottages very well maintained with good quality décor and furnishings throughout. The delightful open plan living room and kitchen have wooden floors and impressive high beamed ceilings, with a first-floor mezzanine level. Heating is by night storage heaters.
Living Room: the sitting area has a leather style sofa and chairs, Freeview TV, DVD and WiFi, Xbox and iPod dock. Patio doors lead from the sitting area out to the terrace.
Kitchen: the recently modernized kitchen has a dishwasher, washer/dryer, electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge with freezer compartment. Table and chairs for five.
There are two attractively furnished double bedrooms
Bedroom 1: a wooden floor, double bed and matching good quality furniture
Bedroom 2: a wooden floor, double bed and matching good quality furniture
Bedroom 3: a mezzanine room with a single bed and easy chair
Bathroom: the tiled ground floor bathroom has a shower over the bath, WC and basin.
Outside: patio doors lead to a decked area with comfortable garden furniture. A great place to relax and enjoy the evening sunshine. At the front is plenty of parking in the gravelled courtyard and a shared children's play area.
Ysgubor is well placed to explore Snowdonia with plenty of walking and bike routes within a short distance. Caernarfon Castle and the Welsh Highland Railway are two popular highlights of the area, whilst for younger visitors the Gypsy Wood Activity Park (seasonal) is a short walk away. The coastlines of both Anglesey and the Lleyn Peninsula are definitely worth a visit as well. The local shop is less than a mile away and a pub serving food within 2 miles.
Ysgubor can be booked with one or two of the other cottages at this location to accommodate groups of up to 13 people. Please see Rhyddallt Ganol Cottages for full details.
Electricity and storage heating included
Bed linen and towels provided
Travel cot and high chair available by arrangement.
No smoking inside please.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.75 mile away
- Coast: 8 miles away
- Nearest pub: 1 mile away
The walled town of Caernarfon is one of the most popular places to visit in Wales. Here are Jacky’s top 7 things to see and do whilst on your holiday in the area:
- Top of the list has to be to visit the majestic Caernarfon Castle. Open all year, great for all the family and with an interesting Welsh Fusiliers museum.
- Take a stroll, or bike ride from the castle, along the walls and past the marina (bike hire available in the town). Enjoy stunning views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey. If feeling energetic, the cycle way continues to the pretty seaside village of Port Dinorwic (Felinheli). Alternatively take it easy and wander back to the many independent shops and cafés in Caernarfon.
- The Welsh Highland Railway starts in the town and makes its journey, passing underneath Snowdon, through the mountains to Porthmadog. Beddgelert is a pretty village on en route where you can take a riverside walk, or enjoy a swim! Visit the famous Gelert’s Grave or National Trust shop and sample the very popular Glaslyn ice creams.
- For the kids there’s a great outdoor play area and skate park just across the river in Caernarfon. If the weather is not up to scratch there’s an indoor play centre for children and adults, if you dare… I haven’t managed the steepest slide yet! There’s a leisure centre with swimming pool, and on the outskirts of town, Gypsy Wood Activity Park.
- My favourite place to eat is the Black Boy Inn, good welsh pub food in a busy, lively atmosphere. Alternatively, during the day, Fron Goch Garden Centre’s award winning restaurant serving home cooked food and cakes is a few miles walk/cycle along the Welsh Highland Railway (Sunday lunch here not to be missed).
- The Foryd Nature Reserve runs along the tidal estuary from Caernarfon, enjoying great views of Caernarfon Castle and the Llŷn Peninsula. Whilst there, visit the tiny church at Llanfaglan, romantically positioned overlooking Caernarfon Bay.
- Discover the Roman Fort of Segontium on the outskirts of Caernarfon. Built to defend the Roman empire against rebellious tribes, the fort survived until the end of the Roman occupation of Britain, no other fort in Wales was held for so long.
The cottage was perfect, equipped with everything required, and the owner was such a pleasant lady who made us very welcome. Superb holiday Mr Ian Titley - 2nd July 2018
Beautiful cottage in a superb location. The owner is very friendly and helpful, without being intrusive. Would highly recommend.Mrs A Baldwin - 8th September 2017
By far the best holiday cottage we've ever stayed in - which is why we keep coming back. The owners are delightful too.Mr Gary Waugh - 31st May 2017
We've stayed in a lot of holiday cottages over the years and Ysgubor is by far our favourite. Recent furniture upgrades have made a great difference too.Mr Waugh - 30th May 2016
Excellent property, would highly recommend it.Mr Lynn - 30th March 2016
The booking and holiday was all very smooth and stress free. The property was great, the owner came to meet us when we arrived and explained how things worked. We had everything we needed for a lovely holiday.Mr Jones - 12th November 2015
Wonderful cottage - owner a pleasure to deal with. We will be back!Mr Waugh - 28th September 2015
Lovely cottage, very quiet and private. Nice extra touches such as cushions on sofa and beds. Lovely terrace overlooking fields and you could just about see Caernarfon Castle. Very well designed and comfortable accommodation. Would recommend this accommodation.Mrs Murphy - 3rd August 2015
Owner very welcoming, beautiful property, would definitely visit again and would recommend to friends and family.Mrs Dunn - 14th April 2015
We've stayed in several cottages in the area over the years and this is by far the best. The owners are incredibly welcoming, helpful and pleasant to deal with. We'll be booking here again.Mr Waugh - 26th May 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...