Rhandir Mwyn is just outside the historic town of Caernarfon and in a convenient location to access both the mountains of Snowdonia and the fantastic coastline of north Wales. Llanberis is just a scenic 6 miles away for paths and railway up Snowdon, and the nearest beach at Dinas Dinlle is 7 miles away. The house is all on one level and has a regular bus service passing, for those who don’t want to use the car.
'take a stroll, or cycle along the sea front passing the harbour and spectacular Caernarfon castle, keep on going over the little draw bridge and down the Foryd nature reserve, for lovely views, bird watching , or for the kids, a really good play area and skateboard park!' from Jacky, our local property manager
The Cottage: is well looked after by the owner, who also prides herself on its cleanliness. The sheltered rear garden is a delight, looking over the tranquil churchyard to the hills beyond. The cottage has lots of homely touches, hand made cushions and family paintings. There is central heating throughout
The Living Room: the spacious living/dining room is comfortably furnished with sofas and armchairs, an electric fire, Freeview TV/DVD and WiFi. The dining area has a large wooden table and chairs with patio doors to the rear.
The Kitchen: is a good size and is well equipped to include a table top dishwasher, integrated oven, microwave, washing machine and large fridge/freezer. There is a good range of cooking equipment and even some great cookery books for inspiration! The kitchen leads to a rear porch for storage of boots and coats.
There are three bedrooms are all nicely styled and newly renovated, with homely touches such as pretty paintings and handcrafted items passed down through the family.
Bedroom 1: is a large double with ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 2: is a twin with garden views
Bedroom 3: is a single.
Bathroom: a family bathroom with bath (no shower in here but shower in the ensuite).
Outside: the garage houses the tumble dryer and can be used to store bikes and other equipment. The pretty well-maintained garden faces south and is a real sun trap and has a table and chairs. There is plenty of private parking.. Views to the rear are across the churchyard and over to the hills of the Lleyn Peninsula.
The local shop and garage are just a few hundred yards away, very convenient for fresh bread and last minute supplies, further amenities can be found in Caernarfon. This walled town has loads to do and must-see visits include; the stunning castle, Welsh Highland Railway, Segontium Roman remains and museum, harbour and castle walls, a stroll down the Foryd conservation area along the Menai Straits, and pleasure cruises from the harbour. A short drive or bus ride will take you in to the mountains and lakes of Snowdonia or the coast and beaches of the Lleyn Peninsula or Anglesey.
Bed linen provided; towels @ £4 pppw
Electricity and heating included
Travel Cot available
No smoking inside please
At a Glance
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bath/shower rooms
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Towels at extra charge
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.2 mile away
- Coast: 7 miles away
- Nearest pub: 1.7 miles away
The walled town of Caernarfon is one of the most popular places to visit in Wales. Here are Jacky’s top 7 things to see and do whilst on your holiday in the area:
- Top of the list has to be to visit the majestic Caernarfon Castle. Open all year, great for all the family and with an interesting Welsh Fusiliers museum.
- Take a stroll, or bike ride from the castle, along the walls and past the marina (bike hire available in the town). Enjoy stunning views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey. If feeling energetic, the cycle way continues to the pretty seaside village of Port Dinorwic (Felinheli). Alternatively take it easy and wander back to the many independent shops and cafés in Caernarfon.
- The Welsh Highland Railway starts in the town and makes its journey, passing underneath Snowdon, through the mountains to Porthmadog. Beddgelert is a pretty village on en route where you can take a riverside walk, or enjoy a swim! Visit the famous Gelert’s Grave or National Trust shop and sample the very popular Glaslyn ice creams.
- For the kids there’s a great outdoor play area and skate park just across the river in Caernarfon. If the weather is not up to scratch there’s an indoor play centre for children and adults, if you dare… I haven’t managed the steepest slide yet! There’s a leisure centre with swimming pool, and on the outskirts of town, Gypsy Wood Activity Park.
- My favourite place to eat is the Black Boy Inn, good welsh pub food in a busy, lively atmosphere. Alternatively, during the day, Fron Goch Garden Centre’s award winning restaurant serving home cooked food and cakes is a few miles walk/cycle along the Welsh Highland Railway (Sunday lunch here not to be missed).
- The Foryd Nature Reserve runs along the tidal estuary from Caernarfon, enjoying great views of Caernarfon Castle and the Llŷn Peninsula. Whilst there, visit the tiny church at Llanfaglan, romantically positioned overlooking Caernarfon Bay.
- Discover the Roman Fort of Segontium on the outskirts of Caernarfon. Built to defend the Roman empire against rebellious tribes, the fort survived until the end of the Roman occupation of Britain, no other fort in Wales was held for so long.
Loved the house, really comfortable and could not fault it in anyway. Great location to explore that part of Wales.Mrs Debra Deacon - 16th July 2018
One of the best places we have stayed atMiss Brenda Powell - 5th July 2018
We absolutely loved our stay - the location was perfect and the house was so cute. It was so homely and the welcome treats were such a sweet touch. Would 100% recommend it.Natalie Babic - 2nd April 2018
An immaculately clean cottage with everything you need. Special thanks to Nia for helping us when we locked ourselves out! It's been a perfect place to stay whilst we conquered Snowdon. We'll definitely be back for more.Jim - 8th October 2017
Thank you for all the thoughtful little touches that made this such a lovely cottage to stay in. We've had a great holiday!Mr Tim Shaw - 11th September 2017
Special thanks to Nia for our very warm welcome even though we turned up early. The cottage was very well equipped with everything you could require for a wonderful stay. Good base for touring around. Would love to stay again. Diolch yn fawr iawn.Miss S Lowe - 2nd September 2017
A lovely, airy and well appointed bungalow, perfect for a family holiday. For our stay there were three adults and two under 4's. Great location, just 10-15mins to Dinas Dinlle for swimming and paddling, an ice cream, fish and chips or lunch, coffee and cake at the café. Great access to Caernarfon, the Llyn Penisula for coastal walks, Anglesey and Llandudno.Miss Chloe French - 19th August 2017
We really enjoyed our stay at Rhandir Mwyn. Great location for exploring North Wales. Property was immaculate and the welcome pack was very much a surprise and very well received, our daughter is a convert to Welsh food products!Mrs Amanda Searle - 12th August 2017
A lovely house which has the "homely" feeling. Would recommend the cottage thoroughly to anyone.Mr Rajesh Vithlani - 24th July 2017
It was a well appointed property and the large fridge-freezer was a bonus. There was also a welcome pack with a wide variety of produce provided. Mr Paul Jackson - 18th July 2017
A big thank you for making us feel at home in this immaculate cottage - which has been perfect in every way. Thank you too for our lovely surprise on our arrival. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Rhandir Mwyn, finding it an excellent base for exploring parts of Snowdonia, Anglesey, the Lleyn Peninsula and visiting Caernarfon, Conwy and Porthmadog. We look forward to a return visit in the future.Mr Park - 8th July 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Little Cook Box £10 off your first Little Cook Box Meal kit box – Big Tastes for Little Cooks!
We all know what it’s like, you arrive at your holiday home and then immediately need to go out and do the big shop. We’ve got it covered though, at...
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price