Eithinog Bach is a single storey cottage, adjoining Stiwdio Eithinog, in the grounds of the owners’ family home in Bethesda Bach near Caernarfon. The tranquillity of the location is wonderful, as are views of the Snowdonia mountains and over Abermenai to Anglesey. The beautiful castle town of Caernarfon, the gorgeous Snowdonia National Park and beaches of the Llyn Peninsula are within very easy reach.
"The owners are both highly qualified outdoor pursuits professionals with a wealth of knowledge of the area. Guided activities can be arranged with them. Andy is also an accomplished photographer offering tuition and workshops." from Jacky, our local property manager
The Cottage: is all on one level. Access to the bathroom and bunk room is through the double bedroom so we would recommend the cottage is suitable for a couple or family rather than a group of friends. There is ample parking. Electric heating.
Living Room: the entrance leads to the living room, with the original exposed stone wall, attractive styling, the owners' local photographs on the walls, and modern furniture. There is an electric flame effect stove, leather style sofa and easy chair, Freeview TV and WiFi.
Kitchen/Dining Area: the smart fitted kitchen has plenty of space and includes an integrated electric oven and hob, fridge (no freezer), microwave and plenty of kitchen ware. Fixed table and chairs for four.
Bedroom 1: the double bedroom is comfortably furnished, access is through this room to the bathroom.
Bedroom 2: is a small but comfortable bunk room with full sized bunk beds.
Bathroom: the spacious tiled bathroom has a bath and separate shower area, WC and basin.
Outside: There is a private seating area to the front of the cottage and guests have access to the owners’ campervan and caravan site which has plenty of space to kick a football around, or just enjoy a bit of outdoor garden space. Bird life in the garden area and the neighbouring fields is very good. Secure cycle storage available.
Bethesda Bach is just four miles from the town and famous castle of Caernarfon, a cycle way can be followed all the way into the town. The Welsh Highland Railway goes from Caernarfon on a scenic journey to Porthmadog, and beyond to Blaenau Ffestiniog. The beach at Dinas Dinlle is 3 miles away, gorgeous in the evenings, watching the evening colours over the Llyn Peninsula and easy access makes it great for beach barbecues. Llanberis, for footpaths or train up Snowdon, lake water sports and the lake railway, is 11 miles away and the beaches and pretty towns of the Llyn Peninsula just a short drive away.
Electricity and heating included
Towels and bedding provided
No smoking within grounds please
At a Glance
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Towels provided
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 3 miles away
- Coast: 3 miles away
- Nearest pub: 3 miles away
Here are our top 7 things to see and do whilst on your holiday in the Caernarfon area:
- Top of the list has to be to visit the majestic Caernarfon Castle. Open all year, great for all the family and with an interesting Welsh Fusiliers museum.
- Take a stroll, or bike ride from the castle, along the walls and past the marina (bike hire available in the town). Enjoy stunning views across the Menai Straits to Anglesey. If feeling energetic, the cycle way continues to the pretty seaside village of Port Dinorwic (Felinheli). Alternatively take it easy and wander back to the many independent shops and cafés in Caernarfon.
- The Welsh Highland Railway starts in the town and makes its journey, passing underneath Snowdon, through the mountains to Porthmadog. Beddgelert is a pretty village on en route where you can take a riverside walk, or enjoy a swim! Visit the famous Gelert’s Grave or National Trust shop and sample the very popular Glaslyn ice creams.
- For the kids there’s a great outdoor play area and skate park just across the river in Caernarfon. If the weather is not up to scratch there’s an indoor play centre for children and adults, if you dare… I haven’t managed the steepest slide yet! There’s a leisure centre with swimming pool, and on the outskirts of town, Gypsy Wood Activity Park.
- My favourite place to eat is the Black Boy Inn, good welsh pub food in a busy, lively atmosphere. Alternatively, during the day, Fron Goch Garden Centre’s award winning restaurant serving home cooked food and cakes is a few miles walk/cycle along the Welsh Highland Railway (Sunday lunch here not to be missed).
- The Foryd Nature Reserve runs along the tidal estuary from Caernarfon, enjoying great views of Caernarfon Castle and the Llŷn Peninsula. Whilst there, visit the tiny church at Llanfaglan, romantically positioned overlooking Caernarfon Bay.
- Discover the Roman Fort of Segontium on the outskirts of Caernarfon. Built to defend the Roman empire against rebellious tribes, the fort survived until the end of the Roman occupation of Britain, no other fort in Wales was held for so long.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...