‘Mor a Mynydd’ (Sea and Mountain), is a lovely, detached 3 bedroomed house with views, as the name suggests, over Cardigan Bay and the headland. It’s just a short walk to Llanbedrog beach, the Coastal Path, Plas Glyn-y-Weddw art gallery (with outdoor theatre, cinema and cafe), family friendly pubs, restaurants and local shops.
Offering comfortable accommodation for 6 people, the house has large, enclosed gardens, a modern lounge leading to a bright and airy sun room, an interconnecting playroom, a stunning kitchen with Aga and dining area and a secure garage, suitable for storing small boats/bikes.
Large windows throughout make the house light and airy in summer, whilst the Aga and wood-burning stove make it a cosy winter retreat. An ideal base for beach holidays, walkers and cyclists.
Outside, there are lawns and large, local-slate terraces with dining furniture, creating an outdoor living space, perfect for relaxing, barbecuing, entertaining or just watching the children play. There is also plenty of local wildlife – you may be lucky enough to see rabbits, bats, hedgehogs – even a green woodpecker!
The property has WiFi throughout.
- entrance porch - with coat hooks and shoe stand
- entrance hall - with mirror, chair and stairs to first floor
- kitchen/dining room - solid oak kitchen with granite worktops, Belfast sink, oil-fired Aga, large pantry, electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, extending table and chairs (seating up to 8), white painted Welsh dresser and French doors opening on to back garden
- sitting room/lounge - coastal styling, two comfortable sofas, armchair and footstool, working woodburning stove with Welsh slate hearth, large flatscreen TV with Freeview channels, DVD player (with wide selection of DVDs), sliding glass doors leading to sunroom and interconnecting with playroom
- play room - with corner sofa, table, desk, TV screen with Nintendo Wii console and games. Games cupboard well stocked with books, puzzles, local maps and walking guides
- sun room - bright and airy room overlooking garden, with table, 2 comfy armchairs and footstool, door leading to patio area.
- cloakroom with WC and basin
- garage - spacious, secure garage to accommodate small boat/kayaks/cycles; with sink, washing machine and additional fridge-freezer; toys, games and beach chairs
- bedroom 1 - elegant master bedroom in Scandinavian style with wash hand basin and vanity unit, wardrobe, white metal framed bed, painted grey bed side tables with co-ordinating dressing table, wicker ottoman, armchair, and dual aspect windows with far reaching sea views over Cardigan Bay and to Snowdonia
- bedroom 2 - twin bedroom with white wooden framed beds, hanging space, tallboy, bedside table and dual aspect windows. Views to Pwllheli seafront and Snowdonia
- bedroom 3 - with white wooden framed full-size bunk beds and single bed, co-ordinating white wardrobe, bedside table and two windows with far reaching sea views over headland and Llanbedrog beach towards Cardigan Bay and Snowdonia
- family bathroom with electric shower, large bath, basin, WC and storage cupboard
- drive for off-road parking
- herbaceous border with herbs and bank with ornamental shrubs and trees
- peaceful oasis, fully enclosed and surrounded by high hedges, with two Ffestiniog-slate patios with steps down to large lawn; wooden dining table and chairs and outdoor shower, ideal for rinsing beach and boat equipment (and very sandy children!)
- short walk to National Trust’s Llanbedrog beach and village amenities
- WiFi included
- bed linen, electricity and hot water included
- highchair and travel cot available at the property, please bring your own cot linen for the cot
- no pets
- discount available out of season for small parties of 4 people or less
- no smoking
At a Glance
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.2 mile away
- Coast: 0.3 mile away
- Nearest pub: 0.2 mile away
It was a lovely house in a great location that I would recommend to anyone Miss Elizabeth Jane Maloney - 4th June 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We are planning to re-book for next year.Mr John Haw - 22nd September 2017
Lovely property in a wonderful locationMrs Paula Gordon - 4th September 2017
Wonderful location with everything on your doorstep.Mr I Smethurst - 23rd August 2017
Wir haben das Haus als Paar sehr genossen. Großzügiges, gut ausgestattetes Haus in schöner Umgebung. Ruhig, aber nah zum Strand und zum Pub. Viele Ausflugsziele in der Nähe. Wir haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt.We enjoyed our stay as a couple very much. Spacious, well-equipped house in a wonderful setting. Quiet but close to the beach and the pub. Lots of sightseeing nearby. We felt very comfortable there.Robert Dekena from Bergisch Gladbach, Germany - 20th June 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...