Set over 3 floors, Ty'r Ysgol (School House) is a fabulous detached period property lying in the rural village of Botwnnog, a short drive to many of the Lleyn Peninsula's renowned coastal villages and beaches including Abersoch, Llanbedrog, Hells Mouth, Whistling Sands and Nefyn.
Ty'r Ysgol has been sympathetically renovated, harmoniously mixing traditional features and antique furniture with modern furnishings and facilities.
On the ground floor lies a warm lounge with feature original open fire, a large social room with formal dining to the front and a games room to rear; at the back of the house lies a stunning well-equipped kitchen with further dining at a large pine breakfast table, a shower room and utility room. A traditional staircase leads to 2 double bedrooms with en suites, a twin bedroom and an open office/chill out area ideal for catching up on work, homework, enjoying a good book or a hideout for children and teenagers. A narrow staircase leads to the third stylish double bedroom set in the eaves and further shower room.
The house lies in its own enclosed grounds and offers a well maintained mature garden with outdoor furniture, a small rear enlcosed lawn with further outdoor furniture and ample parking for several vehicles. The countryside views to the rear and front give guest a sense of rural living yet with access to the Lleyn's bustling villages, towns and beaches.
- front lounge with feature original wooden fireplace with open fire place, warming red walls and accents, pine floors, co-ordinating leather sofas, bean bags, pine bookcase with well stocked library, antique wall mounted display cabinet, flat screen TV with DVD
- multi-function dining/games room - large room with formal dining table to the front with extending dining table and up to 8 chairs, corner dresser and chaise-longue, to the rear of the room a folding table tennis table with net, bats and balls, built-in bookshelves with well stocked library, views through original windows over the front and rear garden
- lovely large kitchen with oak fitted units and granite effect worktops, electric oven with gas hob, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, dual aspect windows over the side gardens
- spacious shower-room - shower cubicle with electric shower, hand basin and WC
- steps down into utility room - washing machine, fridge, iron and ironing board
- bedroom 1 - traditionally styled room with black framed double bed and original iron fireplace, cross corner fitted pine wardrobe, pine chest of drawers and pine bedside table, exposed floorboards with rugs, single hung sash window with countryside views to the front, snug en suite shower with shower cubicle with electric shower, separate door to en suite cloakroom with wash hand basin and wc
- bedroom 2 - classic double bedroom with divan double bed, coordinating freestanding pine wardrobe with storage drawer, tall boy and bedside tables with drawer, single hung sash window with countryside views to the front, spacious en suite bathroom with bath, wash hand basin and wc
- bedroom 3 - comtemporary twin room with stylish black wooden framed twin beds with contrasting painted white bedside table, painted white wardrobe, chest of drawers and mirror, black painted wooden floors with rugs, single hung sash window with countryside views to the rear
- narrow stairs leading to
- bedroom 4 - stunning top floor double bedroom set in the eaves and with an exposed stone wall, wooden framed double bedroom with coordinating bed side tables, build in wardrobe and storage, antique chest of drawers, velux windor over the front garden and small side window with aspect over the side garden
- shower room - shower cubicle with electric shower, wash hand basin and wc
- lovely large grounds with well maintained gardens with established trees and borders, outdoor furniture, trampoline and plenty of space for children to explore
- small rear enclosed lawn garden with outdoor furniture, an ideal spot for a morning coffee
- parking space for several vehicles
- detached private property with enclosed grounds and lovely mature garden
- bed linen, towels, heating and electricity included
- WiFi included
- games and office areas
- Freeview TV channels included
- strictly no pets
- travel cot and high chair available
- please note, the staircase is quite narrow to the second floor so young children and those with accessibility issues should take care
- families only
- no smoking
- £200 security deposit requested please
At a Glance
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bath/shower rooms
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Towels provided
- Travel cot available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a freezer
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 3 miles away
- Coast: 10 miles away
- Nearest pub: 3 miles away
Lovely spacious house. Plenty of outdoor space which would be great in the summer. Nice kitchen, well equipped - managed to make Christmas dinner for 8 very comfortably. Thoughtful touches with toiletries and house decorated ready for Christmas.Muniza Usmani - 26th December 2017
Very warm, spacious and comfortable home. Ample parking and large grounds. Wi-Fi a little hit and miss. Would recommend to friends and will be returning Mrs Sarah Rollings - 31st October 2017
Thank you for a wonderful holiday. The house was perfect, well appointed, spacious, comfortable. Wifi was excellent, trampoline was a fabulous extra touch. It all contributed to a very relaxing break. Many thanks.Mrs Heather Brookes - 5th September 2017
Good value house with lovely grounds and all the facilities we needed, had a great family holiday.Mr Russell Pengilley - 29th August 2017
Lovely large house with good facilities in a wonderful peaceful area, within reasonable distance of many lovely beaches, countryside and towns.Mrs Susan Jones - 26th August 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Little Cook Box £10 off your first Little Cook Box Meal kit box – Big Tastes for Little Cooks!
We all know what it’s like, you arrive at your holiday home and then immediately need to go out and do the big shop. We’ve got it covered though, at...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...