Number 5 is a former slate miner's cottage in the small village of Clwt y Bont, 4 miles from Llanberis and 7 miles from the walled town and stunning castle at Caernarfon. This newly renovated cottage is in an ideal location for outdoor activities, with rural walking and cycling from the door over to Llanberis, or a short drive or bus ride to footpaths up Snowdon. The beaches of Anglesey can be reached in about 30 minutes. Zip World Velocity, the fastest zip wire in the world, is 10 miles away.
"stroll up the slate miners' path to Lodge Dinorwic, a former school that has been converted to a popular cafe, open most of the year, with panoramic views over to Snowdon, good food, coffee and cakes!" from Jacky, our local property manager.
The Cottage: is an end terrace which has been totally renovated to provide modern, practical accommodation, whilst retaining some of the original features such as the inglenook fireplace and beams in the bedroom. The property manager lives next door and has a wealth of knowledge of the area, local walks, cycling, climbing and good places to visit.
Gas central heating. Private parking for 1 large or 2 small well parked cars.
Sitting Room: has a flame effect stove in the large fireplace, leather sofa and easy chair, practical tiled floor with rug over, Freeview TV and WiFi. A double bed settee is available for alternative sleeping arrangements. Enjoy the selection of outdoor books left for the guests to read and admire the stunning collection of local photographs on the walls.
Kitchen/dining room: this south facing room has French doors leading out to the very small rear yard. The fitted kitchen has a fridge with freezer compartment, washer/dryer, electric ceramic hob and integrated electric oven, microwave, good selection of kitchenware and a few cookery books for inspiration. Table and chairs for four.
There is a ground floor cloakroom with WC and basin.
Two bedrooms and shower room on the first floor.
Bedroom 1: has a king-sized bed in a beamed bedroom. There is a wardrobe and easy chair with reading light.
Bedroom 2: is a south facing twin room with a hanging rail and under-bed storage. Lovely views out over gardens to the farm land beyond.
Bathroom: has a shower cubicle, WC, basin and towel rail.
Outside: to the rear is a very small yard with seating shelf and barbecue. Bikes could be safely stored here as there is no access except through the house. To the front is the slate parking area and bench seat.
The village of Clwt y Bont is on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. From the village are stunning walks over to Llanberis, Padarn Lake, the National Slate Museum and Lake Railway, through the Padarn Country Park. The old slate mining trails and quarries can be explored and there are two fantastic cafes just a stroll away. Llanberis has shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs plus outdoor gear shops. Footpaths and the train up Snowdon start in Llanberis. Further afield is Caernarfon and the university city of Bangor, with its cinema and arts centre plus supermarkets.
Note: A double bed settee is available for alternative sleeping arrangements. Max 4 guests
Electricity and central heating included
Bed linen and towels provided
No smoking inside please
At a Glance
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bath/shower room
- No pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Towels provided
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
- No smoking
- Private parking
- Nearest shop: 0.5 mile away
- Coast: 8 miles away
- Nearest pub: 3 miles away
- A trip up Snowdon itself must be at the top of the list, at 1085m high it is highest peak in England and Wales! Go by foot up one of the many footpaths, or from around April to November, take the Snowdon Mountain Railway to the summit.
- Visit the National Slate Museum, full of fascinating history and demonstrations about the Dinorwig slate quarries, it’s free, open most of the year, and in a lovely lake side location in the Padarn Country Park.
- If the weather’s not so great take an underground tour to visit the vast workings of Dinorwig Power Station. Buses will take you deep inside the mountain to see the workings of this vast pumped storage system. Electric Mountain visitor centre also has exhibitions and a Tourist Information centre.
- Llanberis has a very good selection of cafés. The famous Pete’s Eats is a ‘climbers café’, always busy, serving proper homemade chips, pint mugs of tea and much more. Also visit Mafon for homemade goodies from around the world, Llygad yr Haul for fab cakes and Y Pantri for great coffee. In the evening go to Peak Restaurant for fine dining or the Gallt y Glyn for good pizzas.
- Cycle along the shores of the stunning Llyn Padarn or take a circular walk around the lake. Call at Y Caban café in Bryn Refail at the head of the lake, and don’t forget to take that ‘must have’ photo looking across the lake to Dolbadarn Castleto and Snowdon!
- Go for a wild swim in Padarn Lake or visit Snowdonia Watersports to hire a canoe or paddleboard. Lessons and courses are available here along with plenty of summer activities. The ‘lagoons’ area is really popular on a sunny day with a great fun atmosphere. You can also take a cruise or hire a paddle boat on the lake.
- Drive up the Llanberis pass and take in the spectacular views, Mallory's cafe and Youth Hostel at the top is full of historic photographs of the early mountaineers
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...