- £576 per week
- £82 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 28 miles
- Pub 1 mile
- Shop 1 mile
- Welcome pack
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Enjoy this spacious, contemporary Bala holiday cottage in a tranquil, rural location. Just 1 mile from the welcoming Welsh market town of Bala, it offers spectacular views over the Dee Valley and open countryside. An ideal base to explore Snowdonia and the wide range of North Wales attractions, this beautiful 5 star cottage is also the perfect retreat to relax in style.
Lounge - spacious room with oak flooring, leather suite and oak furniture. Stylish, flame effect electric fire along with a 40” TV and DVD player, selection of books and a lovely view through the patio doors to the garden and patio.
Kitchen - large contemporary kitchen with dining area, with open views through the patio door to open countryside, leading to the adjoining conservatory. The beautiful, fully equipped kitchen includes a fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, electric oven and hob.
Conservatory - spectacular views down the Dee Valley and 180 degree views to open farmland. Two piece leather sofas and coffee table.
Bedroom 1 (ensuite) - king size bed and a stunning view down to the Dee valley. Oak furniture including a wardrobe, dressing table and mirror, chest of drawers and 2 bedside tables. TV also included.
Bathroom - a double access bathroom that can be used as an ensuite for bedroom 1 and / or a main bathroom. Spacious and fully tiled, it includes a bath, separate shower unit, wc and basin.
Bedroom 2 (ensuite) - two large single beds and the same oak furniture as bedroom 1 and its own TV. Ensuite includes a shower, basin and wc.
Spacious light hall and a separate utility room with a range of units, a sink, washing machine, tumble dryer and drying room.
Detached Bala holiday cottage with a large enclosed garden and stunning views over open farmland and down towards the Dee Valley. Garden furniture, timber table with 4 chairs, 2 benches, barbecue and clothes line.
- Welcome Pack on arrival includes bara brith and local biscuits, elderberry drink, Jones crisps, tea and coffee, sugar and milk
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 2 hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage please
- Plenty of private parking space outside the cottage
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
Information for Disabled and Less Abled People
This is a single storey property with all rooms on the ground floor
There is easy parking and the surface is slabb
There are no height restrictions for people over 6' 6"
The entrance has no steps and the door is 800mm wide
All interior doors and corridors are 750mm wide
There is space under the dining table for a wheelchair
The garden is fully accessible
Door handles and light switches are all accessible
Facilities for hearing and visually impaired people are available
There is a turning circle in the bedroom and bathroom of 1200mm and the bed can be accessed from the left by wheelchair
- The shower cubicle has a step in of 50mm
- Assistance dogs are welcome
An absolutely fantastic property, equipped to the highest standard, in a great location. We would love to visit again. Owners were extremely helpful. Beautiful scenery in all directions and a great garden area to sit out or for children to play in.
We do find this property very comfortable, and the owners are very approachable.
This property is stunning with great views and places to go
Enjoy tranquil, rural surroundings at this detached, contemporary cottage. Just 1 mile from the welcoming market town of Bala - home to the largest natural lake in Wales called Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) that can be seen from the elevated grounds surrounding your cottage. Bala also offers a whole range of amenities, including a variety of shops, a convenience store and small supermarket, banks and a garage. There is also a traditional cinema and a Leisure Centre which includes a fitness room, indoor swimming pool and a slide. Not to mention a steam train that runs along Bala Lake Railway through beautiful Snowdonia scenery.
The town of Bala offers numerous cafes, pubs and restaurants such as Plas yn Dre , White Lion Hotel, Plas Coch, Y Cwrt and Bala Spice. Amongst the best places to eat in the area is Pale Hall restaurant (3.5 miles) - an old stately home and a fantastic building, the Michelin star Tyddynllan restaurant in Llandrillo (6.5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy restaurant (14 miles along a scenic mountain road). For a really good village pub / restaurant, visit the Eagles Inn in Llanuwchllyn (5.5 miles), or Bryntirion Inn, Llandderfel (3.5 miles) for a real ale pub.
If you enjoy the outdoors, this is the area for you because Bala and the surrounding area is firmly establishing itself as the 'adventure' capital of Wales. From world class watersports provision on Bala Lake (canoeing, sailing, windsurfing and gorge walking) and the National White Water Centre (5 miles) to a high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles). You also have the famous Zip Wire and Bounce Below in Blaenau Ffestiniog (22 miles) and numerous other attractions such as Tree Tops Adventure in Betws y Coed and Coed y Brenin's world renowned Mountain Biking Centre all within easy reach.
If you prefer to relax on holiday, there are numerous picturesque mountain and lakeside walks nearby, not to mention the scenic cycle route along the shores of Llyn Tegid lake. And why not treat yourself to a night out with popcorn in the local cinema? Your Bala holiday cottage also provides a great central base to explore the whole of Snowdonia and North Wales. Llechwedd Slate Caverns (22 miles), Portmeirion (29 miles) and the Welsh Highland Railway (30 miles) are just some of many highly recommended days out.
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 1 mile from the cottage.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 5 miles
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5.5 miles.
Cycling / Mountain Biking
- Aberhirnant Mountain Route - from the doorstep along a scenic country road.
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled - you can easily cycle to this route from your Bala holiday cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 5 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 22 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 24 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 1 mile
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 5 miles
- Bala Golf Club - A 10 hole golf course with stunning views over the North Wales countryside. 2 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre. Suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 26 miles
- Barmouth Beach – long, sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 28 miles
- Morfa Bychan and Black Rock Sands - 3 miles of sandy beach. 31 miles