- £312 per week
- £45 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 32 miles
- Pub 3 miles
- Shop 2 miles
- Countryside views
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Crud y Wennol provides stylish, idyllic and pet friendly accommodation for two in a new barn conversion. In a peaceful yet accessible location within 5 miles of Bala’s famous lake and several tourist attractions, Crud y Wennol offers a perfect base for relaxing holidays and short breaks for couples. Enjoy watersports, walking, exploring beautiful Welsh market towns, steam train and canal rides, plenty of good restaurants and much more.
Kitchen/diner and lounge area – this newly converted barn has retained many of its original beams and features.
The kitchen/diner has slate flooring, light modern fitted kitchen units with built in fridge with freezer compartment, microwave and cooker. The dining table seats three and there is a relaxing sofa for reading or watching television.
Modern illuminated oak stairs lead to the first floor and an open plan bedroom which is light and airy with high ceilings. The room benefits from solid oak flooring and doors together with traditional beams. There are side cabinets on both sides of the double bed and the additional benefit of a television.
A fully tiled en-suite bathroom with an over bath shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rail.
As a couples retreat, there is also a lovely garden to relax and enjoy the vast, calming countryside views. Situated at the back of the property, the garden is enclosed with a fence and has patio furniture.
- Crud y Wennol is one of two semi-detached cottages and is next to Crud y Werin which sleeps 4. This would, if required, provide accommodation for 6 guests in total.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided.
- Heating and electricity included.
- Dog welcome – 1 small dog for an additional charge of £25 (payable on arrival).
- Cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer available in outside building (shared with cottage next door). £3 per hour wash and £3 per half hour dry.
- Short breaks for couples available all year round
- Parking spaces outside the cottage.
This is an immaculate cottage in a beautiful location, with wonderful views from the garden. It was very clean and well equipped. Ann, the owner, was very helpful and friendly without being intrusive. We would definitely want to stay here again.
Crud y Wennol enjoys a quiet, scenic setting within a short distance of a wide range of attractions. Whilst water sports, walking, golf, fishing, shopping and eating establishments are all available at the market town of Bala (5 miles) there is also a shop and garage within 2 miles at the village of Glanrafon. A pub which welcomes pets can be found in Llandderfel, 3 miles from the cottage and there are a number of excellent eating establishments all within ten miles.
From sailing and kayaking on Llyn Tegid (the largest natural lake in Wales) to zorbing, white water rafting and Go Karting on a championship course, there is plenty to get the adrenalin running in this area. There are also plenty of activities that can be enjoyed at a slower pace. From a leisurely ride on the Llangollen Canal to travelling on the narrow gauge steam train along the shores of Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) or cycling around its perimeter. And there are plenty of interesting shops and inviting cafes to visit as you explore the lovely surrounding Welsh towns.
Some of these include the medieval town of Ruthin, Dolgellau at the foot of Cader Idris and the popular tourist town of Betws y Coed the main tourism hub of Snowdonia National Park.
- The Old Railway line (1 mile) Caer Drewyn (2 miles) circular walks starting from Corwen. 5 miles from cottage.
- Other popular routes from Corwen include North Berwyn Way, Dee Valley Way and Clwydian Way. 5 miles from cottage.
- Bala offers a lovely, scenic route around its lake (Llyn Tegid). 5 miles away
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 10 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 11 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 5 miles
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 11 miles
- Llandegla Mountain Biking Centre 15 miles
- Bala Lake – Canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, raft building and power boating etc. 5 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 11 miles
Bala Golf Club - A 10 hole golf course located 1000 feet above sea level thus enjoying spectacular views of the mountains and of the lake below. 5 miles
Bala lake (5 miles) has 14 species of fish and in addition fly-fishing for salmon and trout is available on the river Dee and river Treweryn.
Nearest beaches found in Fairbourne and Barmouth. 31 miles