- £703 per week
- £100 per night
- 5 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 3 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 26 miles
- Pub 3.5 miles
- Shop 3.5 miles
- Games room
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
This newly refurbished ground floor cottage with a games room enjoys a peaceful setting within its own enclosed garden. Set amidst the beautiful Snowdonia National Park, boasting stunning mountainous views and easy access to the great facilities scattered throughout this delightful area. The nearby market town of Bala offers a great range of shops, pubs and eateries, whilst being home to Bala Lake, the largest natural body of water in Wales renowned for its excellent watersports and boating opportunities.
Open plan kitchen, dining area and lounge with plenty of natural light creating a great sense of space.
Kitchen - modern and with integrated dishwasher, oven and infusion hob. Large fridge freezer and microwave and a spacious larder with shelves. Adjoining utility room with washer dryer and toilet.
Dining area with oak table and chairs with countryside views though the patio doors that lead out to the rear garden.
Cosy lounge area with 40 inch smart TV and DVD player, electric stove and comfortable two and three seater brown leather sofas. Books and board games also provided.
Bedroom 1 has a king size bed and stylish bedding in soft colours to create a relaxing atmosphere. Bedside tables and ample storage space.
Bedroom 2 has two single beds and elegant bedding. Furnished with bedside cupboards and storage.
Bedroom 3 has a single bed. Storage with self standing units and cupboards. A light colour scheme following the relaxing style throughout the cottage.
Spacious bathroom with large shower, bath, toilet and wash basin.
Garage has been converted into a games room with standard pool slate table and darts cabinet.
Large and enclosed lawned garden surrounds the cottage. Tranquil setting with beautiful views of surrounding countryside. Picnic table and chairs situated to enjoy a view of the countryside and Arenig mountain.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk, as well as a home-made cake and Welsh butter.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided.
- Central heating and electricity included.
- Cot and high chair available on request. Please bring your own cot bedding.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage.
- Wifi available
- Iron and ironing board provided.
- Kitchen provisions: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, dishcloths, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom provisions: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
- Plenty of private parking space on a flat surface outside the cottage.
Detached cottage, set within its own peaceful, enclosed garden and enjoying far-reaching countryside views. Within half a mile, the picturesque village of Parc stands on the banks of the River Llafar and provides a starting point for numerous walks and a cycle route. The cottage provides easy access to the great facilities scattered throughout this delightful area.
The nearest pub restaurant, Eagles Inn, can be found at Llanuwchllyn (3.5 miles), also home to a village shop. The bustling market town of Bala (4 miles) offers a wide range of amenities, including a small supermarket, independent shops and cafes, pubs and restaurants. There is also a traditional cinema and a Leisure Centre.
Bala lies within the beautiful Snowdonia National Park and is located at the head of Llyn Tegid, Bala’s famous lake, which is the largest natural lake in Wales and home to a unique fish called the Gwyniad, a relic of the Ice Age. Renowned as a centre for great watersports including fishing, sailing, canoeing, windsurfing and whitewater rafting, Bala is also the headquarters of the narrow gauge Bala Lake Railway. The town itself is steeped in history as highlighted along the Town Walk. Surrounded by the wonderful Berwyn Mountains on one side and the beautiful Snowdonia Mountain Range on the other, this is a mecca for climbing, walking, mountain biking and many other outdoor activities such as Zip World and Bounce Below (20 miles).
An ideal location for touring all of North and Mid Wales including the stunning Cambrian Bay Coast with the six-mile long Harlech Beach, overlooked by its majestic medieval castle. Alternatively take a trip to the nearby popular towns of Dolgellau (16 miles), with its monthly farmer’s market, or Betws-y-Coed, famous for its cascading waterfalls and enchanting river pools. With an abundance of attractions and activities throughout the area, this is a truly wonderful part of Wales that caters for all interests.
- Plenty of walks from the doorstep, through farmland and from the village of Parc (within 0.5 mile).
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 2 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 3.5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 10 miles
Cycling / Mountain Biking
- The quiet country lanes from the cottage are perfect for cycling and a specific cycle route also begins from Parc (within 0.5 mile)
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 2 miles from your cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 10 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 20 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 2 miles
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 2 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 9 miles
Bala Golf Club - A 10 hole golf course with stunning views over the North Wales countryside. 5 miles
Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre. Suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 24 miles
- Barmouth Beach – long, sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 26 miles
- Black Rock Sands - 3 miles of sandy beach. 27 miles