- £673 per week
- £96 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Beach 27 miles
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Welcome pack
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Enjoy a holiday for two in Snowdonia at this beautifully renovated cottage in the market town of Bala. Restaurants, cafes, shops and bars are all within walking distance, as well as a traditional cinema and Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) with its range of watersports, circular path and steam train. Many other major attractions also within a short drive, including white water rafting, Zip World, Bounce Below, mountain biking and beautiful beaches.
*There may be some building work taking place on the Owner's property which is situated in the courtyard, but disruption will be kept to a minimum*
Open plan kitchen/lounge with underfloor heating.
The kitchen features a dishwasher, microwave, single oven, touch ceramic hob, large fridge freezer and washing machine.
The lounge area includes a large, inviting sofa, wall mounted TV and also a dining table.
Beautiful double bedroom with TV, beams and oak bedroom furniture.
Stylish modern grey bathroom with shower over bath, seven shaped sink, toilet, heated towel rail, mirror with lights and shaving point.
Small patio area to front and rear of property. Table and 2 chairs for alfresco dining at the front.
Charcoal barbecue set available - can be requested from the owners during your stay. £20 deposit, fully refundable if returned in same condition. Charcoal available in town.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk and Welsh cakes
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Iron, ironing board and clothes airer provided
- Parking space on flat surface outside the cottage
- Owners available on site to help with any queries, provide local knowledge etc if required
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- WIFI available
- The following items are also provided...
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, washing powder/liquid, dishcloth, tea towels and tin foil
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
This place was very clean and we enjoyed our stay here. It is close to pubs and restaurants. The lake is really close as well and would be perfect on warmer days. Gareth and Manon were very welcoming.
Located within an enclosed yard on the outskirts of Bala market town, Côr Llew Coch offers a private setting with the benefits of being within walking distance to cafes, restaurants, shops and bars. Part of a stunning conversion of barns on what was previously the owners' family farm, you also have the option of bringing family or friends along to the two other 5 star cottages on site (sleeping 4 and 6).
The lovely Welsh market town of Bala offers a wide range of amenities, including a traditional cinema and a quirky bottle shop and tap room where you can enjoy Welsh beers. There is also a Leisure Centre with a fitness room, indoor swimming pool and slide. Amongst the best places to eat (all within walking distance) are the White Lion Hotel, Y Plas Coch, Bistro Y Cyfnod, Plas yn Dre, Bala Spice and Y Cwrt. Also worth a short drive is Yr Eagles in Llanuwchllyn (5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy Restaurant (13 miles). Some of the best pubs in town include The White Lion, Y Plas Coch and Y Cwrt (all within a 5 minute walk).
Bala is home to Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake), the largest natural lake in Wales, with a range of watersports such as canoeing, sailing and windsurfing. You can also enjoy a steam train ride along its shores, all the way to Llanuwchllyn and back, as well as a circular route that's suitable for walking and cycling. The National White Water Rafting Centre is also within 4 miles, whilst other activities nearby includes high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles), the famous Zip Wire and Bounce Below (18 miles) and Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre (23 miles).
Other popular days out around Snowdonia includes Llechwedd Slate Caverns (18 miles), Portmeirion (25 miles) and the beautiful beaches along the coast. There are also plenty of other market towns to explore, such as Dolgellau and Ruthin - not to mention the rewarding walks around Snowdonia National Park.
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 0.3 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 4 miles
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 0.3 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 4 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 0.3 miles from your Bala self catering cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 4 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 18 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 0.3 miles
Bala Golf Club - A 10 hole golf course with stunning views over the North Wales countryside. 1 mile
Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre. Suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 25 miles
- Barmouth Beach – long, sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 27 miles
- Black Rock Sands - 3 miles of sandy beach. 27 miles