- £686 per week
- £98 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 0.3 miles
- Pub 0.7 miles
- Shop 0.9 miles
- Hot tub
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Beautiful Barmouth self catering cottage for 4 with a private hot tub. Sit back, unwind and enjoy the stunning setting on the North Wales coast along with views of the Snowdonia mountains. Walking distance to a long sandy beach, this detached cottage is set within its own enclosed garden and just 0.7 mile from the village of Tal-y-bont with its village pub, shop and restaurant. Join the Coastal Path from the doorstep, visit the quirky shops, restaurants and cafes at Barmouth and explore Portmeirion and the World Heritage Site of Harlech Castle - all within a few miles. The scenic Cambrian Coast railway line also passes through the field behind the garden and pulls up at Talybont station, less than a mile away.
Perfect for a relaxing seaside holiday, Hafod provides you with your own space on a private estate, shared with four other holiday properties for 2-5 guests, as well as a small holiday park. If you prefer to travel by train, the scenic Cambrian Coast railway line also passes through the field behind the garden and pulls up at Talybont station, less than a mile away.
Lounge - Traditional Welsh farm cottage style with oak flooring and underfloor heating. Leather three piece suite to seat 4 around a 50” TV with Freeview and inglenook fireplace that includes an imitation flame and smoke fire basket. Views of nearby Moelfre – part of the Rhinog Montain range and also Snowdon in the distance.
Conservatory – accessed via French doors from the lounge, this relaxing room at the rear of the cottage offers panoramic views of the Rhinog Mountain range that run parallel with the coast towards Barmouth in the South. Cane three piece suite and side tables and another set of French doors leading out to the terrace. This south facing conservatory and terrace also overlook a small orchard and catches the sun all day from early morning.
Kitchen and dining area – accessed via the conservatory or the hallway, the kitchen is also situated at the rear of the property and overlooks the orchard and mountains on the horizon. The kitchen is fully fitted and includes an integrated fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, under counter oven and ceramic hobs, as well as a washing machine. Oak dining table which also enjoys the views via a large picture window.
Ground floor shower room with a large double shower, toilet and wash basin with lit mirror.
Oak stairs ascend to the landing on the first floor leading to a hall way that gives access to the bedrooms and bathroom.
Bedroom 1 - Large room with oak double bed and wall mounted TV, bedside cabinets, dressing table, stool and wardrobe. Views to the North at one end and to the South, East and West from the window at the rear. These views stretch from the Rhinog Mountain range to Cader Idris in the South and across the bay towards St Davids.
Bedroom 2 – Twin room with two single oak beds and wall mounted TV, bedside cabinets and built in wardrobe. View over fields with mountain ranges and Llyn Peninsula on the horizon.
Bathroom – Large shower with drench head above and additional hand held attachment, toilet and twin Belfast type wash basins, lit mirrors and shaving sockets. Natural light from the roof Velux windows.
This Barmouth self catering cottage has a large enclosed patio and garden area. Private hot tub along with rattan settee and two chairs, a table and a barbeque built of simulated stone which can be used for charcoal cooking or as a log burner. All necessary fuel supplied and stored close by. Wood bench in the orchard and beautiful views of the Snowdonia mountain ranges and orchard.
- Underfloor heating (throughout) and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Hairdryer provided
- Wifi available
- Logs supplied for the outdoor log burner
- No smoking inside the property
- Up to 2 pets welcome free of charge, please notify us on booking.
- Gated parking for up to 2 cars
- Additional items include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
This coastal Barmouth self catering cottage enjoys its own tranquil setting on a private estate with beautiful views of the surrounding Snowdonia mountains along the horizon. Located on the North Wales coast, it is just a short walk to an amazing, sandy beach – perfect for a relaxing seaside holiday. Whilst the number of holiday parks in the area is testament to the popularity and beauty of this magnificent stretch of coast, Hafod will provide you with your own private setting and space to enjoy everything that the area has to offer – a true escape. If you prefer to travel by train, the scenic Cambrian Coast railway line also passes through the field behind the garden and pulls up at Talybont station, less than a mile away.
Just 0.7 mile away, the village of Tal-y-bont has a good local pub restaurant called Ysgethin Inn as well as Tony’s Italian Restaurant & Take Away, whilst the renowned Nineteen.57 restaurant / bar is less than half a mile away. With a range of cafes, restaurants, shops and supermarket 4.5 miles away in Barmouth self catering cottage Hafod has plenty of options for you after a day of walking the Coastal Path or cycling the Mawddach Trail. NorBar fish and chips and bar is also just 2 miles away, near Llanaber, whilst Ael y Bryn at Dyffryn Ardudwy (1.4 miles) and George III at Penmaenpool (11.5 miles) are also worth visiting.
To the south, Barmouth itself has a wonderful, Blue Flag Beach with spectacular views of the mountains and lovely walks along the Mawddach Estuary. To the North, you have Dyffryn Ardudwy and Harlech beaches, along with a World Heritage Site at Harlech Castle which overlooks one of the best golf courses in the world. Portmeirion’s Italian Village and Porthmadog with its Welsh Highland Railway are also popular days out, not to mention the world renowned mountain biking centre at Coed y Brenin near Dolgellau.
Located within Snowdonia National Park, this Barmouth self catering cottage is a paradise for walkers and climbers. It offers something to suit all tastes, be it sporting activities or simply enjoying a relaxing holiday exploring the sandy beaches or taking a leisurely drive to soak up the breathtaking views of the Snowdonia countryside.
- Tal-y-bont Beach - a beautiful stretch of sand within a short walking distance of your cottage. 0.3 miles
- Bennar Beach, Dyffryn Ardudwy - fine, sandy beach backed by the occasional sand dune. Excellent for surfing and believed to be one of the best places in Gwynedd for consistently good waves. Parking nearby and boarded walkway. 2 miles
- Barmouth Beach – sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 4.5 miles
- Harlech Beach – sandy beach. 7 miles
- Wales Coast Path – can be joined from the doorstep. Go right towards Bennar Beach and the north; left towards Barmouth Beach and the south. 0 miles
- Y Llethr and Diffwys summits – Dyffryn Ardudwy – moderate / hard walk. 1.4 miles.
- Panorama Walk – Barmouth - suitable for all ages. 4.5 miles.
- Mawddach Trail – Barmouth to Dolgellau - suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 4.5 miles
- Cader Idris (Snowdonia mountain) – 3 main routes, the nearest being Dolgellau (12 miles).
- The Mawddach Trail – As mentioned above. 4.5 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 18 miles
- Sea fishing boat trips from Barmouth. 4.5 miles
- Harlech Golf Club – Royal St. David’s – 18 hole golf course. 7 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Farm Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 5 miles by ferry or steam train (April – September half terms), 17 miles by road.