- £635 per week
- £91 per night
- 7 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- 3 single beds
- Washing machine
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Shop 0.4 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
This detached, pet-friendly Dolgellau accommodation is set in an elevated position to make the most of the spectacular views towards Cadair Idris mountain range. Only 2 miles from the market town of Dolgellau, with excellent restaurants, cafes and some great walks such as the Mawddach Trail. Sgubor Elltyd also offers a central location between the sandy beaches at Barmouth and Fairbourne and many of Snowdonia’r premier attractions.
A cosy, comfortable lounge featuring a large inglenook with a fire effect electric stove, TV and DVD player.
Spacious conservatory with plenty of seating and a second TV set. A great place to relax and enjoy the amazing views.
This self catering Dolgellau accommodation also has a separate kitchen / dining room. The fully fitted kitchen includes a washing machine, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and electric cooker.
Family bedroom includes a double and single bed and an ensuite shower room. Great views overlooking Cadair Idris.
Double bedroom with a fully fitted, large wardrobe and the same great views as the family bedroom.
The third, twin bedroom includes two cosy single beds.
The main bathroom includes a bath with a shower above, WC and wash basin.
The large, private and enclosed garden includes a lawn and a patio area. Barbeque facilities and great views.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Oil central heating and electricity included
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Wifi available
- Up to 2 pets welcome
- No smoking inside this Dolgellau accommodation please
- Plenty of parking spaces (for 3-4 cars)
Great cottage very clean and spacious and great location they are stunning walks from the doorstep absolutely loved it would highly recommended
This detached Dolgellau accommodation is set within its own grounds. With its own drive and enclosed garden it offers a very private setting and enjoys great mountain views.
Located above the the village of Llanelltyd, it is only 2 miles from the centre of Dolgellau – a lovely market town in southern Snowdonia. It is also just half a mile from Bwyty Mawddach, one of the highly recommended restaurants in the area, which is also a lovely setting for some relaxing drinks. Another great bonus is that your Dolgellau accommodation is just 8 miles from the Blue Flag sandy beach at Barmouth.
There are plenty of interesting shops, great cafes, pubs and restaurants in Dolgellau. It is also the town with the most listed buildings in Wales. For amazing cakes and free wifi, visit T.H.Roberts’ Parliament House, or eat out at Meirionydd and Dylanwad Da. George III at Penmaenpool is another recommended restaurant just 2 miles from your Dolgellau accommodation. For a quiet drink, Unicorn in town is a lovely setting.
Amongst the best attractions in the area you have the world renowned Coed Y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre and the Go Ape High Wire Course (4 miles). Also within 20 miles, at Blaenau Ffestiniog, is the largest underground trampoline in Europe (Bounce Below) and an exhilarating Zip Wire ride. For watersports, Bala (19 miles) is home to the largest natural lake in Wales and also the National White Water Rafting Centre.
For calmer days out, there are some magnificent mountain and coastal walks in the area and some of the main ones are listed below. Starting from Dolgellau, The Mawddach Trail is one of the most popular - a 9 mile riverside trail all the way to the coast at Barmouth that can be walked or cycled. The sandy beaches at Barmouth and Fairbourne are also perfect for relaxing. Other great days out from this Dolgellau accommodation include Harlech Castle’s World Heritage site, Talyllyn narrow gauge railway, King Arthur’s Labyrinth and Corris Craft Centre.
- Barmouth Beach – long, sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 8.5 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – sandy beach. 9.5 miles
- New Precipice Walk – Llanelltyd - suitable for all ages. 0 miles - on the doorstep of your Dolgellau accommodation.
- Precipice Walk – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages. 2 miles from cottage
- The Mawddach Trail – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 2 miles from the cottage.
- Cader Idris (mountain) – 3 main routes starting from Dolgellau (2 mile), Minffordd (9 miles) and Abergynolwyn (18 miles).
- Torrent Walk – Brithdir - moderate leisure walk approx 2½ miles along the river. 6 miles
- Panorama Walk – Barmouth - suitable for all ages. 8.5 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – As above. 2 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 4 miles
Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing in the Dolgellau area – suitable options for all ages.
Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 9.5 miles
- Bala Lake (Llyn Tegid) – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 19 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 23 miles