- £544 per week
- £78 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 3 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
How far to ...?
- Beach 9 miles
- Pub 0.2 miles
- Shop 0.2 miles
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 10:00am
This spacious holiday cottage in Dolgellau offers a highly convenient location, within a short walking distance of the town's high quality restaurants, unique shops and wonderful cafes. Dolgellau is a beautiful market town set on the foot of mount Cader Idris in southern Snowdonia and it boasts the highest number of listed buildings in the whole of Wales. An ideal setting for walkers and mountain bikers with a number of walks and cycle routes starting right from the doorstep.
Spacious, open plan living / dining room. Plenty of comfortable seating, freeview TV, DVD player and a fire effect electric stove creating a cosy, relaxed atmosphere.
The kitchen area is also spacious and includes a brand new oven, hob and microwave.
Adjoining utility room with a fridge and freezer compartment, washing machine, tumble dryer and plenty of space to store bikes and walking equipment.
The hallway welcomes you with a coat hanger, information pack and local attractions leaflets.
Master bedroom - a large spacious room with a king bed, ample storage, TV and a wash hand basin. There is also a pull out bed available on request.
Double room - cosy room with a double bed and built in wardrobes
Twin room - cosy with two single beds and a wardrobe
Family shower room with a large walk in shower
Path leading to back door, providing access for bikes and other outdoor equipment to utility room.
Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 1 hairdryer provided
Heating and electricity included
Two travel cots and stairgate available on request, but no high chairs.
Pet friendly holiday cottage in Dolgellau (up to 3 pets allowed free of charge, on the ground floor only). Please notify us on booking.
Free on road parking within a very short walking distance (approx 50 meters). It is also possible to park immediately outside the cottage between 6pm - 9am
Beautiful Property with a high standard of comfort and cleanliness. Property is larger than it looks on the website and easily hosts 6 adults (even with 1 toilet) Property is close to local bars and restaurants and lots of walks close by. Would book again at similar price.
Great property in a good location.
We were really pleased with this property. The location is great - on the quieter outskirts of town, but a five minute walk in. The property itself is of a very high standard - beautifully decorated and well equipped. Good value for money that exceeded our expectations.
Fantastic property in excellent location, couldn’t fault a thing!
Drws y Nant is a lovely place to stay in Dolgellau. Very well situated, spacious and comfortable. The standard of cleanliness was exceptional and felt immediately comfortable as soon as arriving. We would certainly recommend.
Enjoy being within walking distance to everything you need at this holiday cottage in Dolgellau. Within walking distance to the town centre and all its amenities, it is also located at the bottom of the lane that leads to mount Cader Idris. In addition to having a mountain walk from the doorstep, Dolgellau is also the starting point of the Mawddach Trail (walking and cycle route to Barmouth on the coast). Coed y Brenin's world renowned Mountain Biking Centre is also within 7.5 miles and there are 2 glorious beaches within 9 miles.
There are a range of shops within a 2 minute walk and you also have two supermarkets: Coop (which is also within walking distance) and Eurospar. Amongst the recommended restaurants close to your holiday cottage in Dolgellau, Tafarn y Gader Tapas Bar, Meirionydd and Dylanwad Da are all located in the town itself whilst Bwty Mawddach is exactly 2 miles. Good bars in town include Torrent Walk and Dylanwad Wine Bar.
The pretty, charismatic town of Dolgellau also has more than 200 listed buildings – more than any other town in Wales. Some of the popular attractions in the area includes Big Bounce (the largest underground trampoline in Europe) and the Zip Wire ride in Blaenau Ffestiniog. There is also a Go Ape High Wire course just 7.5 miles away and a National White Water Rafting Centre near Bala. For calmer days out, visit the beaches, Harlech Castle’s World Heritage site or ride along the Talyllyn narrow gauge railway.
- Cader Idris – 3 main routes starting from Dolgellau (from the doorstep), Minffordd (7 miles) and Abergynolwyn (16 miles).
- Mawddach Trail – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. On the doorstep.
- Precipice Walk – Llanfachreth - suitable for all ages. 2 miles from your holiday cottage in Dolgellau
- New Precipice Walk – Llanelltyd - suitable for all ages. 2 miles
- Torrent Walk – Brithdir - moderate leisure walk approx 2½ miles along the river. 3.5 miles
- Panorama Walk – Barmouth - suitable for all ages. 9 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – As above, from the doorstep.
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 7.5 miles
- Dolgellau Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 1 mile
- Barmouth Beach – long, sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 9 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – sandy beach. 9 miles
- From river fishing to Llyn Cynwch lake fishing, there are a range of opportunities to go fishing in the Dolgellau area – suitable options for all ages.
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 9 miles
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 18 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 22 miles