- £574 per week
- £82 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 12 miles
- Pub 1.7 miles
- Shop 1.7 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sky TV
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
What a setting - this beautiful detached cottage enjoys an amazing, tranquil and private location at the foot of Cader Idris, within its own enclosed grounds. The views of the Snowdonia peaks and surrounding countryside are breathtaking. Even better, only 1.7 mile away from your holiday cottage Dolgellau market town offers a great range of restaurants, cafes and shops. Gellilwyd Fach is a traditional, Grade 2 Listed early 19th Century stone built farmhouse with distinct features eg. curved wall and tall chimney. Sensitively renovated, it offers a glimpse of days gone by, yet with all the current modern expectations.
Kitchen - Fitted units with appliances including, refrigerator with ice box (additional small freezer available), electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. Small table and seating.
Living room - Spacious double aspect room with exposed beams, unusual curved wall, quarry tiled floor and large stone/slate fireplace housing a wood burning stove. Dining table, comfortable seating and Smart TV.
Parlour - Cosy double aspect carpeted room with exposed beams with double sofa bed and feature fireplace (non-working). Lamps, books, games etc.
Entrance porch includes coat and boot storage as well as a separate, front porch with slate floor, settle and additional coat hanging space.
Master bedroom - Impressive room with beams and high ceiling, original floorboards and curved wall. Super king oak bed, wardrobe and dressing table including large mirror. Also includes sofa.
2nd bedroom - Charming dual aspect carpeted bedroom with exposed beams with comfy zip & link bed (available as super king OR two 3ft singles). Bedside tables, chest of drawers, lamps and clothes rack.
Large bathroom comprising roll top bath, spacious quadrant shower, basin and toilet.
The enclosed grounds include a spacious, tranquil garden at the rear, featuring an unusual stone picnic area and amazing mountain views. There is also a separate slate slab patio area with seating.
Ty Golchi – separate building housing the freezer, providing secure bicycle storage with outside hose.
- Welcome Pack including local produce as well as tea, coffee, sugar and milk on your arrival
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Oil central heating and electricity included
- Generous quantity of logs provided for your arrival. Further supply can be purchased at £5 per basket.
- 2 hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request
- Double sofa bed available for up to 2 extra guests @ £16 per night
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- Plenty of parking space
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, tea, instant coffee, sugar, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, dishcloths and/or scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap, shower gel and toilet rolls.
- General cleaning products: ECOVER shower cleaner, anti-bacterial spray etc.
This is our second trip here, we stayed back in March and have just booked to come again in August - we love it here. It is so peaceful and quiet which is the antithesis of where we live near Gatwick. Dolgellau is a lovely little town and the views around are wonderful. We spent our time doing really rather little apart from reading and chatting and watching the birds, thing we never have the chance to do at home. We loved the Christmas touches - the decorations and the holly. Also how the cottage has been furnished. A really super cottage - thank you. Also continue to be impressed by Best of Wales - very good customer service. We look forward to seeing the area in summer.
Gellilwyd Fach is situated in the foothills of the Cader Idris mountain range and, although secluded, has close proximity to a wide range of amenities. From your holiday cottage Dolgellau - a picturesque market town in southern Snowdonia, with its impressive architecture, is easily accessible and within walking distance along a scenic 1.7 mile country lane. Dolgellau also happens to be home to more than 200 listed buildings - more than any other town in Wales.
During your stay at Gellilwyd Fach holiday cottage Dolgellau will provide you with all the amenities you need. This includes excellent restaurants, cafes, shops and pubs, as well as banks and supermarkets, a local butchers, grocer, bakeries and chemist. Amongst the highly recommended restaurants are Meirionnydd and the Royal Ship in Dolgellau town centre, as well as the Stakehouse and Tafarn y Gader tapas bar. Outside town, Bwyty Mawddach Restaurant in Llanelltyd (3.4 miles) is also worth a visit whilst Indiana Cuisine in Fairbourne (10 miles) offers an authentic Indian fine dining experience. For a relaxed, social night out, head to Gwin Dylanwad Wine Bar or if a pint is your preference, Royal Ship in the town centre is recommended. There are other restaurants and pubs that could also be listed; the truth is, you will be spoilt for choice.
If you love the outdoors, the Dolgellau area of Snowdonia will deliver on this front as well. It boasts an extensive range of footpaths, signposted walks and cycle trails to suit all abilities. In addition to the obvious challenge of Cader Idris, right on your doorstep, Dolgellau is also the starting point of the Mawddach Trail (walking and cycle route to the beautiful Mawddach Estuary and Barmouth on the coast). The world renowned Mountain Biking Centre at Coed y Brenin is also within 10 miles and there are 2 glorious sandy beaches at Fairbourne (10 miles) and Barmouth (12 miles).
Other popular attractions in the area include Llechwedd Slate Caverns and Zip World at Blaenau Ffestiniog (24 miles), which is also home to the largest underground trampoline in Europe. King Arthur's Labyrinth, Corris Craft Centre and the Centre for Alternative Technology offer great days out whilst 'Abaty Cymer' Abbey and Harlech Castle’s World Heritage site are both significant heritage attractions. Most of Wales’ narrow gauge railways are also located in this area, including Talyllyn narrow gauge railway and the Blaenau Ffestiniog to Porthmadog line. If you prefer to travel on water, the National White Water Rafting Centre near Bala will cater for your needs. It should also be mentioned that there are RSPB Reserves and two Osprey Nest viewing hides nearby.
- Cader Idris – 3 main routes starting from Dolgellau (from the doorstep), Minffordd (4.5 miles) and Abergynolwyn (13 miles).
- Mawddach Trail – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 1.7 mile
- Precipice Walk – Llanfachreth - suitable for all ages. 3.5 miles from your cottage
- New Precipice Walk – Llanelltyd - suitable for all ages. 3.5 miles
- Torrent Walk – Brithdir - moderate leisure walk approx 2½ miles along the river. 5 miles
- Panorama Walk – Barmouth - suitable for all ages. 12 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – As above, 1.7 mile
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 10 miles
- Harlech Golf Club - Royal St. Davids - 18 hole golf course. 20 miles
- From river fishing to Gwernan Lake and Llyn Cynwch, there are a range of opportunities to go fishing in the Dolgellau area – suitable options for all ages.
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 8 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – sandy beach. 10 miles
- Barmouth Beach – long, sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 12 miles
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 18 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 22 miles