- £605 per week
- £86 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 1.3 miles
- Pub 1.5 miles
- Shop 1.3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Enjoy the calming coastal views from Awelfryn - a spacious, single level cottage near Pwllheli on the Llyn Peninsula. With a woodburner, spacious living area and a long slate floored balcony, you can make the most of all seasons at this eco friendly accommodation. Only a mile to Pwllheli Marina, beaches and a range of independent shops, cafes and restaurants, whilst the Coastal Path can also be accessed nearby. A great base to explore the Llyn Peninsula - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - as well as nearby Snowdonia.
Spacious open plan kitchen/dining room/living area, featuring a panoramic view of the coast. Fully fitted kitchen with fridge (and freezer compartment), dishwasher, microwave, hob and oven and washing machine included.
Comfortable open plan lounge area with wood burner and large slate balcony offering stunning views of Cardigan Bay.
Master bedroom offering superb views from the patio doors opening onto the slate balcony. Double size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, mirror, and bed side tables with lamps.
Front double bedroom with comfortable double bed, chest of drawers, mirror, bedside tables and bedside lamps.
Twin bedroom with comfortable single beds, mirror, chest of drawers, bedside table and lamp
Bathroom comprising, separate bath and shower cubicle, wc and heated towel rail.
Large enclosed rear lawn with sea views. Large slate balcony with views of the coast which is less than a mile from your cottage. Front lawn with original pebbled path and flower borders.
- Welcome pack includes a selection of local produce as well as milk, tea and coffee pods. Also discount code for local art prints displayed around the cottage.
- Central heating and electricity included
- Starter pack provided for log burner between October and April. Additional logs etc, can be purchased locally.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Travel cot and high chair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen with you.
- Wifi available
- Off road parking for up to three cars on the driveway.
- No smoking inside the cottage.
- No pets.
- Kitchen provisions: salt and pepper, tea, coffee, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, clothes washing tabs, new dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom provisions: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
- General cleaning products provided: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray & wipes, polish, dusters etc.
- If you would like to forget about the car during your stay at Awelfryn, Pwllheli can also be accessed by bus from Llwyn-hudol bus-stop, just round the corner.
Awelfryn Great week, lovely accommodation and views amazing. Particularly enjoyed the walks at Llanbedrog and the beach at Aberdaron. Thank you for the additional treats, the kids particularly loved their eggs
This beautiful, eco friendly cottage is warm and welcoming, with wonderful sea views over Cardigan Bay. A great base for a relaxing break on the Llŷn Peninsula, with a large slate balcony to enjoy the wonderful scenery beyond.
Whilst enjoying a peaceful setting in a small hamlet of houses in Llwyn Hudol, the cottage also benefits from easy access to the Wales Coast Path, whilst the sandy beaches of Abererch and Pwllheli, small independent shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants are just 1 mile away. Considered to be the unofficial capital of the Llyn Peninsula, Pwllheli is also home to an impressive Marina where many watersports events and competitions are held throughout the year. Asda supermarket and multiple takeaways can also be found in town.
Amongst the best places to eat out are Whitehall Gastro Pub in Pwllheli, Twnti Seafood Restaurant at Rhydyclafdy (4 miles), Dylan’s Restaurant in Cricieth (8 miles) and The Ship Inn at Edern (8 miles). For a relaxing drink, Penlan Fawr Inn and Whitehall in Pwllheli are recommended, whilst a walk along the beach to Tŷ Coch Inn is a must with any holiday on the Llŷn.
The Llyn Peninsula is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish. Awelfryn cottage offers an ideal base to explore the area, as well as nearby Snowdonia, Anglesey and the beautiful North Wales coast. Popular attractions nearby includes the renowned Plas Glyn y Weddw in Llanbedrog (5.5 miles), a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and a tea room with sea views. Glasfryn Parc, 3.5 miles away is another great day out, offering a wide range of activities including bowling, go-carting, archery and wakeboarding and has an extensive farm shop, café and restaurant. Cricieth castle (7.5 miles), Ffestiniog Railway in Porthmadog (12 miles), and the Italian village of Portmeirion (15 miles) are all worth visiting as well.
- Abererch beach – enjoy a 3 mile stretch of sand all the way to Glan-y-mor, Pwllheli. 1.3 miles
- South Beach, Pwllheli - mainly shingle, Blue Flag beach. Stretches from Gimblet Rock, across the promenade, and around towards Llanbedrog. 1.7 mile
- Both the beaches at Pwllheli allow dogs from October through to the end of April. The nearest dog-friendly beaches all year round are Afon-wen (4 miles) and Abersoch (8 miles).
- Pwllheli Sailing Club, Pwllheli Marina – excellent facilities and possibly the best sailing waters in the U.K. 1.2 miles
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 8 miles
- Llyn Coastal Path – 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. Join the path 0.5 miles from the cottage in Abererch.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) – Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 7.5 miles from cottage.
- Pwllheli Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, suitable for golfers of all ages and abilities. 2.4 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre – Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 4.5 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 5 miles