- £669 per week
- £96 per night
- 10 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- 2 single beds
- 2 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 9 miles
- Pub 2 miles
- Shop 9 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
This beautiful, welcoming holiday cottage, Snowdonia is situated in the Dysynni Valley - an area of outstanding beauty near Tywyn in North Wales. Set within the beautiful Snowdonia National Park this secluded, family friendly holiday cottage enjoys stunning views from the foot of Cader Idris. It is the perfect base for both rambling and hiking with miles of tranquil and interesting public footpaths in every direction.
Built in 1994, this family friendly holiday cottage has a comfortable main lounge with open log or coal fire and TV. A large window looks down the valley towards Bird Rock. The dining room with adjoining patio shares the same stunning views of the valley.
The spacious, modern kitchen overlooks the garden and patio and includes everything from a microwave and electric oven to a freezer and a rayburn. The cottage's utility room contains all the necessary equipment for a comfortable and stress free holiday, including dish washer, washer and drier.
Maes Mihangel holiday cottage, Snowdonia sleeps up to 10 people comfortably with the option of having 1 additional put up bed on request to sleep 11.
The first bedroom includes a super king size bed (or can be made into twin beds on request) with en suite facilities and Sky TV.
Second bedroom has twin beds or can be made into a double bed on request. TV & DVD/Video player also included.
The third bedroom includes a double bed.
The fourth is a family bedroom which includes a double and single bed, along with a Mothercare cot. From this bedroom there is also an attached room with a single bed which makes this bedroom perfect for a family of 2 adults and up to 2 children and a baby.
The cottage also has a large spacious bathroom with bath and shower facilities.
The enclosed garden is tastefully designed with secluded relaxing areas with a BBQ (charcoal) set and a unique hand carved wooden swing to enjoy the views.
Perfect for a family friendly holiday, the children's area is safe with various outdoor play facilities including swings, see saw, slides and a wonderful wooden tree den/play house.
Garden shed includes a dingy, small surf boards, fishing lines and bikes for all ages.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea and coffee, sugar and hot chocolate. Contents can vary depending on availability but usually include Bara Brith or Welsh cakes and a bottle of wine. *Special packs provided for Easter and Christmas bookings.
- Bed linen, towels and hairdryer provided
- Central heating and electricity included. Wood and coal for the open fire provided free of charge.
- Maes Mihangel holiday cottage, Snowdonia offers a rural and peaceful setting with no passing traffic and magnificent views.
- 2 cots and 2 high chairs available on request. Please bring your own cot linen with you.
- Wi-fi and pay phone provided at the cottage.
- Pets welcome.
- The following are all provided at the cottage for your stay…
- Kitchen: washing up liquid
- Bathroom: soap, hand wash and toilet rolls.
- General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, dusters, vacuum cleaner bags, polish, anti-bacterial spray etc.
- Range of children's toys, books and videos/DVD's available. A separate TV and video/DVD player for the children.
- No smoking.
- Car parking facilities available within the boundary of the cottage making it safe and secure.
- Access to free trout fishing on river flowing through owner's land.
- Fishing equipment and bikes available at owners property nearby
- The cottage owners can take you up Cader Idris mountain in their truck on request.
Beautiful situation very much felt at home as soon as we entered the property
Maes Mihangel holiday cottage, Snowdonia is situated in the Dysynni Valley - an area of outstanding beauty near Tywyn (9 miles) and the stunning beach town of Aberdyfi (13 miles) in North Wales. Set at the foot of Cader Idris in southern region of the National Park, it is 2 miles from the village of Abergynolwyn which offers a good traditional pub and great little restaurant.
Popular activities in the South Snowdonia area include Hill Walking, Climbing, Mountain biking, Water Sports, Pony Trekking and Fishing.
There are many attractions for a family friendly holiday including the Centre for Alternative Technology, the Corris Craft Centre, King Arthur's Labyrinth and a number of steam and miniature railways, including the Talyllyn railway just two miles away.
For many the jewel of the valley is Talyllyn lake. Whatever your ability and level of fitness you'll discover miles of quiet and rewarding walks wherever you go. Paths wind up beside the famous Dolgoch Falls or take a visit to Castell y Bere (castle) built by Llewelyn Fawr around 1221 for a breathtaking view of the entire length of the valley. This is a land full of beauty, history and legend – the perfect combination for an inspiring holiday.
Cadair Idris (mountain walk) – one route starting from the doorstep at Llanfihangel-y-Pennant and climbs steadily on the southern section of the pony path. 10 miles to summit – graded moderate/hard. 0 miles (by the cottage)
Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 13 miles
Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 13 miles
Dolgellau Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 14 miles
Machynlleth Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 15 miles
Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all round angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn and Aberdyfi (9 and 13 miles) lake fishing in Tal-y-llyn (4 miles) or river fishing on the Dysynni (0.5 miles). Read more about fishing in the Aberdyfi & Tywyn area.
Bwlchgwyn Farm Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 14 miles
Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 20 miles