- £668 per week
- £95 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 double bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Secure bicycle storage
How far to ...?
- Beach 2.5 miles
- Pub 0.5 miles
- Shop 0.5 miles
- Welcome pack
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Only 20 minutes from the Centre of Cardiff this 5 star Barry holiday cottage enjoys great views across the rolling hills of the Vale of Glamorgan. Numerous beaches can be found nearby, including Barry Island and the stunning Glamorgan Heritage Coastline.
Y Cudyll Coch is one of a pair of adjoining Barry holiday cottages that were previously farm out-buildings and have recently been converted into 5 star luxury accommodation. Found on the Northern outskirts of Barry Cudyll Coch has superb views over the Vale of Glamorgan and the Dyffryn Country Estate. The farm was at one time one of the largest in the area but now is kept as a small holding.
Open plan kitchen, living and dining area. The stylish kitchen is fully equipped and includes electric oven, gas hob, dishwasher , fridge freezer , washing machine, tumble drier and microwave.
The living area includes comfy sofas, Smart TV, Bluetooth soundbar, DVD, iPod docking station and games console. The bi-folding doors open out on to balcony offering stunning views across the Vale.
Bedroom 1- King Bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath.
Bedroom 2 – Double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Large lawn area offering the sun at all times of the day. BBQ on site and there is also a secure bike storage shed and storage space for any sporting equipment.
- Welcome pack on arrival at this Barry holiday cottage includes tea, coffee, sugar, milk, home-made cakes and biscuits. Let us know if you're celebrating a special occasion and we will also include an extra surprise in your welcome pack.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- Electric and heating included with underfloor heating throughout and controls in each room.
- High chair, travel cot available on request. Please bring your own bed linen for the cot.
- Wi-fi available.
- Lockable shed for bike storage.
- No pets and no smoking (there are kennels available on site if required).
- Award winning cottage - Building Excellence Awards 2015
- If you wish, we can also book a table in advance for you at one of the recommended local restaurants. Let us know when and what kind of food and setting you require and we will do the rest.
- The following items are also provided at the cottage for your stay… Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film. Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet. General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.
Barry has recently shot to fame again due to the TV series Gavin and Stacey and Barry Island is only 2.5 miles from the cottage. The town itself has plenty of places to eat, drink and shop and there is also a leisure centre and pool. Porthkerry Country Park (1.5 miles away) is a large park great for family fun, bbq’s and also has an 18 hole pitch and putt course.
The cottage is only 9 miles from Cardiff and with great road, bus and train links (Barry station is just 1.6 miles from the cottage) it is also an ideal location to stay whilst attending any sporting event in the Millennium Stadium or elsewhere in the city. Cardiff is a popular city with a huge selection of shops and restaurants. There are also many all-weather activities available including an indoor water park and olympic sized pool and the International White Water Centre. Cardiff Bay is also worth a visit and jet or pleasure boat rides can be booked from here, as can the water-taxi from and into the City centre.
The farm itself has a colourful history, dating back pre 17th Century and was once owned by Sir Williams St John who was a vice-admiral who famously captured Sir Walter Raleigh and also jailed for piracy.
Great beaches nearby, ranging from the bustling resort of Barry Island 2.5 miles, to the more peaceful and stunning beach at Southerndown 24 miles.
There are many walks including public footpaths from the cottage. The Glamorgan Heritage Coastal Path that links up to the all Wales Coastal Path is a great walk. Public footpath 0.1 miles
Fantastic sea fishing both from the shore and via charters boats from Barry. 2 miles Dyffryn Springs Course and Game Fishery is a great day-ticket venue. 4 miles
Nearby courses include The Vale Resort (7 miles) and the prestigious Celtic Manor, host to the 2010 Ryder Cup (32 miles). Brynhill Golf Course backs on to the land at the rear of the cottage. 0.2 miles.
The quiet country lanes found around the farm are ideal for road cycling. 0.4 miles
Liege Manor Equestrian Centre is Wales' premier equestrian centre and home to over 70 horses and ponies. The centre specialises in tuition for all ages and abilities. 2 miles
Cardiff International White Water Centre (CIWW) offers canoeing, white water rafting, kayaking, hydro speed and hot-dogging. 8.5 miles.