- £815 per week
- £116 per night
- 9 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 double beds
- 1 single bed
- 2 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- Bunk beds to sleep 2
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 0.5 miles
- Pub 0.5 miles
- Shop 0.3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9.00am
A large detached, comfortable family home situated in Cwm Ivy, a small hamlet down the hill from the main village of Llanmadoc. The house boasts 5 bedrooms, a characterful fireplace, comfortable living areas and views of the Burry estuary and nature reserve. Walk from the house to Whiteford Burrows through the spectacular pine woods, dunes, marsh and onto the beach of Whiteford and see the last remaining cast iron lighthouse in Britain.
Visit the nearby attractions and activities in the area, the Cwm Ivy cafe is just a few minute from the house. The nearby Llanmadoc community village shop (Siop y Bobl), also stocks local Gower produce including locally sourced pastries, cakes, chocolate and you can also top up on last minute groceries. The Britannia Inn is the nearest local pub, a 15/20 minute walk away.
- Kitchen: Stone walled traditional kitchen. Electric oven and induction hob, toaster, kettle, freestanding fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, open shelving and worktop for laundry and Storage.
- WC: Stone floors, WC and small washbasin, with hooks above radiator to dry wet coats
- Dining Room: Wooden Welsh dresser with crockery, large pine dining table with seating for 12. The view is through a sliding glass door the length of the room overlooking Cwm Ivy marsh and Whiteford National Nature Reserve.
- Living Room: Reached by 3 stone steps from the dining area. An open fireplace, 2 sofas, an armchair and a TV with Freeview. Views of the Marsh and the Nature Reserve.
- Sitting room/study: Cosy book-lined study, characterful stone walls, TV, games, desk, a sofa and an armchair.
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, corner wardrobe, round wooden tables and chair.
- Bedroom 2: Superking bed (zip 'n' link, this can be made into a twin on request). Wooden wardrobe with hanging space and 6 drawers. Pine desk and chair.
- Bedroom 3: Single bed, built-in wardrobe. Desk with 3 drawers and a chair.
- Bedroom 4: Double bed with Vintage iron bedstead. French windows opening onto a small balcony and spectacular view of the marsh,burrows and beyond. Large antique wardrobe, table with mirror and chair. En suite bathroom, Bath with hand shower attachment, 2 basins with mirrors and WC, airing cupboard.
- Bedroom 5: Bunk beds (children’s size - suitable for children under 11), large wardrobe with hanging space and drawers, table, TV and DVD player.
- Shower room: Shower cubicle with electric shower and basin.
- Bathroom: Down 3 steps to built in bath, basin and WC.
- Round wooden table with benches on terrace leading out from the dining area. Steps down to a wooden dining table and 8 chairs on lower terrace. Lawn and rockery leading up to woodland, and to pergola with love-seat. Lawn area at rear of property.
- Heating and electricity: included. Oil central heating.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided.
- Travel cot, high-chair and stair-gate not provided.
- Hairdryers: 4 provided
- Pets: up to 2 pets permitted.
- No smoking inside the property please.
- Water: mains supply.
- Parking: Driveway parking available for 2 cars.
House in wonderful location with great walks over dunes to wide open beaches and lovely shop and excellent pub nearby.