- £774 per week
- £111 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 6 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 4 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
How far to ...?
- Beach 8 miles
- Pub 1.8 miles
- Shop 1.7 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Smart TV
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9am
The Old Barn is situated on a working farm perched on top of a hill offering spectacular 360 degree views of the surrounding countryside. The pet-friendly converted barn is bright and spacious, with 3 ensuite bedrooms, large well-equipped kitchen/diner, a cosy wood burning stove and boasts beautiful views of the woodlands, gently rolling fields and stunning sunsets over the Loughor Estuary. The farm is just off Welshmoor Common, rich in it's historical associations, a site of Specific Scientific Interest and home to the decorative breed of Jacob sheep.
Llanrhidian, the closest village, has a pretty church and two pubs; The Welcome Country Pub & Kitchen is a great place to eat out and there are more good options within a few miles drive. It is an idyllic spot for ramblers and cyclists and a short drive to Gower beaches and other local attractions including King Arthur's stone, Colver hole and Oxwich Castle.
For a larger group of upto 12 people, further accommodation at Llanelen Farm can be booked alongside The Old Barn.
- Living Room: Light and airy with high ceilings, feature stone wall and large glass doors with beautiful countryside views. Three comfortable sofas, smart TV and woodburning stove.
- Kitchen / diner: Large farmhouse kitchen with range cooker, microwave, dishwasher and fridge. Dining table and chairs for 6 guests.
- Utility: Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Bathroom: Bath with shower over, WC and hand wash basin.
- Bedroom 1: 2 x 3ft single beds (zip & link - can be made up as super kingsize on request), bedside tables, chest of drawers. Spectacular views. Ensuite: large walk-in shower, WC and hand wash basin.
- Bedroom 2: 2 x 3ft single beds (zip & link - can be made up as super kingsize on request), bedside tables, chest of drawers. Spectacular views. Ensuite: large walk-in shower, WC and hand wash basin.
- Bedroom 3: 2 x 3ft single beds (zip & link - can be made up as super kingsize on request), bedside tables, walk-in closet, sofa. Ensuite: bath, WC and hand wash basin.
- Large gardens with patio area and picnic table, beautiful views of Llanrhidian village.
- Heating and electricity: included. Central heating. Logs available at extra cost.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided.
- Travel cot and high-chair not provided.
- Pets: Upto 2 dogs welcome; £25 per pet per week. Please note the garden is not enclosed.
- No smoking inside the property please.
- Water: mains supply.
- Parking: private parking for several cars.
Very quiet location with great views. Very friendly hosts
Lovely spacious property. Well equipped with stunning views. Very remote down narrow country lanes but worth it for the stunning location and absolute peace and quiet. Well situated to explore the Gower. Owners are handy if you need anything but not intrusive. They put up a temporary but sturdy fence to make the garden secure for our dog, be aware there are very tame sheep, horses, cats and the owners dogs surrounding the property. This was not a bother for us at all but might be if your dog is reactive. All in all a wonderful week away in this stunning barn.
This is a very spacious detached property. Lovely views. There were only 2 of us and a dog but it would suit 6 people comfortably. It is isolated and you have to drive everywhere but this is offset by the peace and quiet. Our dog made friends with the many tame sheep on the farm. There are no comfortable outside chairs and no parasol for shade so worth bringing your own. Some teething problems with the oil boiler which were sorted by the helful owner. We enjoyed our week there.
With three bedrooms of similar size and facilities, the old barn was a perfect fit for our family. Situated at the end of a long track provided a lovely quiet and peaceful location, with far reaching views. Well positioned to reach all the delights and beaches of the Gower my family and 2 small dogs will retain long and happy memories of our stay.