Wales Weather for Christmas and New Year in Snowdonia and North Wales cottages, Brecon Beacons and Mid Wales
Published: Tuesday 10th Dec 2013
Written by: The Wales Cottage Holidays Team
Staying in Wales Holidays cottages in Snowdonia or the Dolgellau and Machynlleth area this Christmas; or perhaps the Brecon Beacons and Elan Valley for New Year?
Snowfalls make the mountains and countryside look absolutely enchanting, but make sure you use what my mother would call some ‘common sense’ when you’re out and about and take the following precautions:
• Check the forecast before you set off and remember that weather conditions can be unpredictable, change very quickly and it’ll be much colder the higher you climb
• There’s safety in numbers so try to walk in groups of at least 3
• If you’re going some way into the hills, tell someone your plans and what time you expect to be back
• Be properly dressed and equipped and take water and some energy food with you
• Know your limits, remember that somewhere you may have walked one summer will be a lot more demanding in winter and don’t attempt anything that is risky
So enjoy yourselves out and about in wild and wonderful Wales this winter, but just be certain to take a few simple precautions. Make sure your mobile’s fully charged, even if you’re just going for a short walk through fields or sledging with the kids!
Click on Christmas Cottages for self-catering accommodation ideas for Christmas and New Year throughout Wales.