With hundreds of handpicked holiday cottages found in special places, from North Wales’ mountainous heights to the glorious shores of South Wales, you’re spoilt for choice when choosing your next place to stay.
We’ve highlighted the most frequently booked top 10 holiday cottages right across Wales from the last 12 months. So, if you’re looking for a getaway in 2023, these popular retreats might inspire you.
Whether it’s a cosy romantic getaway, an idyllic hot tub retreat, a luxurious cottage or a coastal sea view apartment, the holiday choices below are some of the best-loved in Wales.
1. Dragon's Eye - Llygad y Ddraig, New Quay - sleeps 2
Dragon's Eye - Llygad y Ddraig was our most-booked property in Wales for 2022, and it’s no surprise to see why.
With its rotating circular bed, beautiful lake views and warming wood burner, Dragon's Eye offers a truly unique romantic getaway for couples amongst the incomparable beauty of West Wales.
Wrapped in stainless-steel shingles resembling a dragon’s scales, this unique glamping retreat in Wales will spark your imagination. Take a look at our full range of nearby Pembrokeshire cottages for even more holiday inspiration.
- The uniqueness of this award-winning designer wild cabin
- Waking up to the beautiful lake and countryside views
- Cosying up on the rotating bed or relaxing outside in the hot tub
2. Sky Hut - Caban y Nen, New Quay - sleeps 2
One of our top romantic getaways in Wales, Sky Hut - Caban y Nen has plenty to please.
Lie back and wonder at the night sky, with a roof that can be opened to make the most of the Dark Sky Zone. Even with the roof closed, this is a cabin like no other where you can cosy up in front of the fire and enjoy the warming atmosphere.
Set on a working farm amidst the undulating countryside of West Wales, there’s plenty to explore including a stay in beautiful Cardigan Bay with its beautiful beaches. Discover coastal New Quay with its sandy beach, water sports and pretty harbour. Browse our full collection of self-catering accommodation in West Wales and find your next memorable break.
- Stargazing from this unique wooden cabin
- Relaxing around the fire pit on the private deck
- Enjoying the boats and canoes on the lake
3. Slate Cabin - Caban Llechi, Machynlleth - sleeps 2
If you’re looking for something different for your 2023 holiday, then Slate Cabin – Caban Llechi in breathtaking North Wales, one of our top glamping escapes in Wales in 2022, offers an extraordinary experience.
Set on a working farm, enjoy inspiring mountain views of enchanting Eryri/Snowdonia National Park. You’ll also be treated to a warming wood burner, a sumptuous elevating king-size bed, a Smart TV for cosy movie nights, and the silence and solitude of the wonderful Welsh landscape. Take a look at our full range of cottages in Snowdonia and North Wales holiday cottages for more holiday inspiration.
- Staying in the heart of Eryri/Snowdonia National Park
- The mesmerising sunset mountain views
- Stargazing in this idyllic location
4. Trefnant Hall, Welshpool - sleeps 6 + 2 dogs
One of our top family-friendly cottages, Trefnant Hall has lots of features to please the whole gang.
Strikingly beautiful and spacious, Trefnant Hall is an idyllic retreat. Enjoy vast picturesque views of the spectacular Severn Valley from the private hot tub. You can also enjoy the wonderful views from every single room of this traditional country house.
Set on a working family farm, Trefnant Hall is an ideal base for groups or families looking to enjoy some peace and tranquillity on a well-deserved rural getaway. It’s also one of our most popular dog-friendly cottages in Wales, so make sure that no one misses out on the fun!
- Admiring the original features and rustic chic decor
- Taking in the panoramic countryside views from all rooms
- Relaxing in the private outdoor hot tub
5. Corris, Ruthin - sleeps 2
With uninterrupted countryside views from the luxury of a private wood-fired hot tub, this wonderful wooden glamping pod is perfect for a remote getaway in Wales.
Take a trip to the nearby town of Ruthin and discover a wealth of independent shops, places to eat and drink, and a vibrant arts scene. Keen cyclists can experience an adrenaline-pumping mountain biking centre nearby.
Water sports enthusiasts can head to Llyn Brenig for world-class trout fishing, kayaking and paddleboarding, or just to enjoy a refreshing walk around the reservoir or the surrounding forest.
- Unwinding in the luxurious hot tub
- Waking up to panoramic views of Moel Famau
- Making the most of the thrilling mountain biking opportunities
6. Gwel y Cambria - Cambrian View, Aberystwyth - sleeps 2 + 2 dogs
Enjoy the rolling countryside from this contemporary dog-friendly holiday cottage that comes complete with a luxury hot tub, warming wood burner, and patio area with lovely views of the surrounding countryside.
Gwel y Cambria - Cambrian View is a perfect retreat for soaking up nature, going for walks and exploring quaint Welsh villages.
Discover the amazing Devil’s Bridge Falls with its spectacular waterfalls, excellent nature trails and its curious trio of stacked bridges.
- Being surrounded by countryside with distant views of the Cambrian Mountains
- Enjoying fantastic stargazing from the hot tub
- Exploring the excellent walking trails with your dogs
7. Lovers' Lodge, Llandrindod Wells - sleeps 2 + 2 dogs
This beautiful dog-friendly lodge features a lovely, decked area with a private hot tub, and is ideal for a couple wanting a getaway in the rolling countryside of Mid Wales.
Enjoy access to 10 acres of beautiful countryside, perfect for walking and wildlife spotting. Coarse fishing can also be arranged on site.
Spend a memorable evening stargazing after days exploring the local attractions such as the dams and reservoirs of the enchanting Elan Valley, the spectacular Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, or the beautiful Bannau Brycheiniog / Brecon Beacons National Park. Browse our full collection of cottages in the Brecon Beacons for even more fabulous holiday ideas.
- Exploring the tranquil grounds
- Unwinding in the homely atmosphere
- Relaxing under the stars as you enjoy a soak in the hot tub
8. Swn y Nant, Llanberis - sleeps 6 + 2 dogs
Nestled in the heart of Eryri/Snowdonia National Park, at the foot of the highest mountains in Wales, including Yr Wyddfa/Snowdon, this welcoming, dog-friendly cottage offers a private hot tub, a warming log fire, and an enclosed garden.
Adventurers will love it here; it’s the perfect base for exploring, walking, and mountaineering. Situated near the pretty mountain village of Llanberis with its shops, cafes, pubs, and restaurants, the cottage is also within walking distance of a cosy country pub too. Must-visit attractions include the Snowdon Mountain Railway, National Slate Museum and Zip World.
- The idyllic setting right in the heart of Eryri/Snowdonia National Park
- Relaxing in the private hot tub overlooking magnificent mountains
- Walking and exploring with your four-legged friend
9. Caban Clyd, Dinas Mawddwy - sleeps 2
This gorgeous glamping pod is brilliantly positioned to make the most of the panoramic Dyfi Valley views.
Relax and unwind in the heart of the Mid Wales countryside. The luxurious pod includes underfloor heating and well-placed windows that maximise the beautiful rural views.
Enjoy the riverside walk and wooden bridge that crosses over the River Dyfi and leads to the local village cafe and pub for some refreshing food and drink.
- The stunning views of the Dyfi Valley
- Relaxing in the hot tub after days of exploring
- Lighting the fire pit and enjoying an evening of stargazing
10. Ty Cerrig Cottage, Trawsfynydd - sleeps 5
This striking country cottage has been lovingly updated to the highest of standards. Experience an outdoor-adventure-packed getaway in the spectacular Eryri/Snowdonia National Park.
Comfortably finished with two wood burners, a hot tub and a games room, this meticulously updated 17th-century holiday home is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
Enjoy boat trips, fishing excursions, mountain biking and hiking, all near this perfect adventure base!
- The charm of this striking country cottage
- Admiring the awe-inspiring views from the private hot tub
- The wonderful Welsh walks, water sports, and mountain biking
2023 holidays in Wales
Enlli Lodge, Old Snowdon Ranger Station, Harbour View, Cwmachau - Tynant
Have we helped inspire your well-deserved holiday in Wales?
Whatever your needs, our holiday cottages in Wales have been handpicked for their enticing features and provision of a perfect home-from-home for you and your loved ones to enjoy. Click the button below to find even more great self-catering holiday accommodation in Wales.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.