- £1,695 per week
- £242 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- 2 sofa beds
- Washing machine
- 5 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Wet room
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Beach 50 miles
- Pub 3 miles
- Shop 3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Ysgubor y Dderwen is a spectacular 5 star graded luxury cottage that can sleep up to 12 with a large swimspa. Located on a working farm in the Brecon Beacons it is perfect for your Brecon Beacons Holiday. The stylish decor gives it the real 'wow factor'. Perfect for families or groups of friends.
Using a Biomas wood fired boiler, solar panels, underfloor heating, and a unique heat recovery system ground source the cottage is powered by renewable energy. Perfect for families or groups of friends the Brecon Beacons can be walked or even cycled from the doorstep. Adjoining the main farmhouse this cottage can sleep up to 12 with the use of the 2 double sofa beds.
Bedroom 1 has 2 single rise and recline beds. These can be pushed together to become a double. This room is disabled friendly with electronically controlled beds and a HD TV.
There is a large wheel-in en-suite wet room with shower and wc. Disabled alarm system also fitted.
Lounge includes a huge rounded sofa that can sit up to 12, a wood burning fireplace, large HD TV, DVD blue ray player and ipod docking station. Patio doors that open out on to the rear garden area and swimspa.
The fully fitted kitchen includes a large range cooker with gas hob , washer dryer, microwave, dishwasher and full sized fridge freezer. There is also a breakfast bar style area.
Solid oak dining table with seating for up to 12 guests.
Downstairs Cloakroom with WC.
Bedroom 2 is the master bedroom with a king size 4 poster bed, HDTV and en-suite bathroom with large corner bath and wc. Views across to the Black Mountains and up towards Llyn y Fan can be enjoyed from the windows.
Bedroom 3 includes a king size bed and a double sofa bed, HDTV and an en-suite with shower unit and wc
Bedroom 4 includes a king size bed and a double sofa bed, HDTV and an en-suite with shower unit and wc
The landing includes a reading area with a selection of books and games and also a relaxing reclining chair.
Spectacular Swimspa that can fit up to 14 adults, (shared with small cottage next door). This Swimspa has a jacuzzi setting and also a swim setting and is covered and in a garden area with tables and chairs, a swinging chair and a large BBQ (gas). Most guests make arrangements after they have arrived but there is also an option to reserve the swim spa for 2 hour slots in advance for an additional fee of £30 per session. Available to use up until 10pm.
- No Pets allowed
- Full disabled access, shower chair, grab rails and alarm in ground floor bedroom (please request when booking)
- Bed raisers and bed rails available on request
- Bed linen and bath towels provided. Please bring your own towels for use in Swimspa
- Cot and high chair available. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Heating and electric included
- Plenty of off road private parking
- Disabled friendly access with ramps and rails
- Swimspa - ( Not to be used after 22.00 )
- The swim spa is provided on site for guests own pleasure and is not reflected in the charge of the property. Owners reserve the right to shut down the spas at any time if essential maintenance is required
- Mountain bikes available to hire form the farm (£25 Full day or £15 half day ). Drop offs and pickups at nearby routes and trails can also be arranged.
- Secure bike storage on site
- Cottage is located on a working farm and young children should not be left to wander around the farm unsupervised.
- Free WIFI - Please note this is rural broadband and may not be as fast as what your used to.
- Mobile signal is not guaranteed on all networks
- Half a mile of private fishing rights on the River Crai (one of the tributaries of the world famous salmon river The Usk)
- Plenty of information in the cottage on local walks, cycle routes etc.
- Supermarket delivery available in the area.
- Ysgubor y Dderwen is located on the same farm as Llety Llyn y Fan , Bwthyn y Bannau and Bwthyn Tre-faen and all can be booked together to accommodate up to 36 people (including use of sofa beds).
- Winner of the Powys Business Awards
- Christmas tree with lights and a father Christmas over the festive period.
The traditional old market town of Brecon is about 8 miles away while the nearest local pub, shops and petrol stations are in Sennybridge, about 3 miles away. Throughout the year there are many events in the area including the Brecon Jazz Festival, Hay Festival, Green Man Festival and the world renowned Royal Welsh Agricultural Show , and Winter Fair both held in Builth Wells. The Rally also passes only a few miles from the cottage
Established in 1957 the Brecon Beacons National Park contains some of the most spectacular and distinctive upland formations in southern Britain covering an area of 1347 sq km (520 sq miles).There are numerous attractions in the area including the spectacular Ystradfellte waterfalls, the Brecon Mountain Railway and Dan yr Ogof Caves which is one of Wales’ premier family attractions and was also voted Britain’s finest natural wonder. The Brecon Beacons is the first National Park in the United Kingdom to achieve Geopark status,
Despite its rural and peaceful location the cottage enjoys great road links to both Swansea (around 45 mins) and Cardiff (around 50mins). And the main bus route to Brecon is located only a short walk away from the cottage.
Spectacular walks can be found in the Beacons National Park with the peaks of Pen y Fan, Cornddu and Criban, as well as the 90 kilometre Epynt Way. Paths run directly from the cottage. 0.1 miles.
The cottage includes half a mile of private fishing on the River Crai a tributary of the famous salmon river The Usk. 0.1 miles .
NCR 43 takes you from Craig-y-Nos through to Swansea and the Mumbles. Local trails and country routes. 3.2 miles
Situated in the Brecon Beacons National Park, Gilfach Equitation offers trekking, mountain riding, riding lessons, and riding courses. 5 miles.
Cradoc Golf Club is an 18 hole course and floodlit driving range. There are spectacular views over the Brecon Beacons and Pen y Fan. 10 miles.
Water sport enthusiasts are well catered for with the River Usk providing white water canoeing 3.0 miles and Llangorse Lake. 18 miles.