- £1143 per week
- £163 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- No Pets
- Private Parking
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- 2 sofa beds
- Washing machine
- 5 bathrooms
- 5 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Wet room
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Beach 50 miles
- Pub 3 miles
- Shop 3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 15:30
- Check out: 10:00
Ysgubor y Dderwen is a spectacular 5 star graded luxury cottage that can sleep up to 12 with a large swimspa. Located on a working farm in the Brecon Beacons it is perfect for your Brecon Beacons Holiday. The stylish decor gives it the real 'wow factor'. Perfect for families or groups of friends.
Using a Biomas wood fired boiler, solar panels, underfloor heating, and a unique heat recovery system ground source the cottage is powered by renewable energy. Perfect for families or groups of friends the Brecon Beacons can be walked or even cycled from the doorstep. Adjoining the main farmhouse this cottage can sleep up to 12 with the use of the 2 double sofa beds.
Bedroom 1 has 2 single rise and recline beds. These can be pushed together to become a double. This room is disabled friendly with electronically controlled beds and a HD TV.
There is a large wheel-in en-suite wet room with shower and wc. Disabled alarm system also fitted.
Lounge includes a huge rounded sofa that can sit up to 12, a wood burning fireplace, large HD TV, DVD blue ray player and ipod docking station. Patio doors that open out on to the rear garden area and swimspa.
The fully fitted kitchen includes a large range cooker with gas hob , washer dryer, microwave, dishwasher and full sized fridge freezer. There is also a breakfast bar style area.
Solid oak dining table with seating for up to 12 guests.
Downstairs Cloakroom with WC.
Bedroom 2 is the master bedroom with a king size 4 poster bed, HDTV and en-suite bathroom with large corner bath and wc. Views across to the Black Mountains and up towards Llyn y Fan can be enjoyed from the windows.
Bedroom 3 includes a king size bed and a double sofa bed, HDTV and an en-suite with shower unit and wc
Bedroom 4 includes a king size bed and a double sofa bed, HDTV and an en-suite with shower unit and wc
The landing includes a reading area with a selection of books and games and also a relaxing reclining chair.
Spectacular Swimspa that can fit up to 14 adults, (shared with small cottage next door). This Swimspa has a jacuzzi setting and also a swim setting and is covered and in a garden area with tables and chairs, a swinging chair and a large BBQ (gas). Most guests make arrangements after they have arrived but there is also an option to reserve the swim spa for 2 hour slots in advance for an additional fee of £30 per session. Available to use up until 10pm.
- No Pets allowed
- Full disabled access, shower chair, grab rails and alarm in ground floor bedroom (please request when booking)
- Bed raisers and bed rails available on request
- Bed linen and bath towels provided. Please bring your own towels for use in Swimspa
- Cot and high chair available. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Heating and electric included
- Plenty of off road private parking
- Disabled friendly access with ramps and rails
- Swimspa - ( Not to be used after 22.00 )
- The swim spa is provided on site for guests own pleasure and is not reflected in the charge of the property. Owners reserve the right to shut down the spas at any time if essential maintenance is required
- Mountain bikes available to hire form the farm (£25 Full day or £15 half day ). Drop offs and pickups at nearby routes and trails can also be arranged.
- Secure bike storage on site
- Cottage is located on a working farm and young children should not be left to wander around the farm unsupervised.
- Free WIFI - Please note this is rural broadband and may not be as fast as what your used to.
- Mobile signal is not guaranteed on all networks
- Half a mile of private fishing rights on the River Crai (one of the tributaries of the world famous salmon river The Usk)
- Plenty of information in the cottage on local walks, cycle routes etc.
- Supermarket delivery available in the area.
- Ysgubor y Dderwen is located on the same farm as Llety Llyn y Fan , Bwthyn y Bannau and Bwthyn Tre-faen and all can be booked together to accommodate up to 36 people (including use of sofa beds).
- Winner of the Powys Business Awards
- Christmas tree with lights and a father Christmas over the festive period.